Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

lmimmfn wrote: »
    We already had tax hikes to pay for it and the amount of money squandered on Irish water and meters is disgusting not to mention the lucrative pensions given to those after only a few years.
    I have no problem with tax increases for water but I'd like it in the constitution to ensure when the next bust happens its not sold to some pension fund company.
    Having it come from general tax is **** all use when a large chunk of people end up out of work in a recession and not paying tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

E-voting would have made things so boring. Hopefully they run the elections always on a Saturday, worked so much better to give people a chance to vote.

Boring but completely accurate. There will be numerous rows and recounts because of the pencil and paper method. It was the journalists that did for the computers, when they saw how good it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    To make such a closed statement on tv is rather stupid IMO
    Really stupid.

It smacks of closing the shop and that is one of the reasons I believe for the massive swing to SF.
    Let them at it so.

? They made the statements before the election. To change stance now would be going back on promises. I thought that's not what people want politicians to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

STB. wrote: »
    Looks most likely like a Fianna Fail - Fine Gael government with Micheal at the reigns this time. Otherwise its back to the electorate again.

Seems nobody wants to have any truck with SF. The General Secretary of FG has reiterated that position. Is the FF position the same ?
    Which would barley give a majority.

Stop making out like it was a war with two sides. It was a terrorism campaign of bombings and smashing people's knees with cudgels and baseball bats. The IRA are not soldiers, they're thugs.

If you voted for the GFA in the 1998 referendum you voted for days like today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

seannash wrote: »
    Why cant it be FF/Greens/independents to form a coalition??

Paddy Power seems to think it might

The Greens will have to think long and hard about going into government. They would not want to be blamed for standing in the way of tens of thousands of new houses being built on green fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Boring but completely accurate. There will be numerous rows and recounts because of the pencil and paper method. It was the journalists that did for the computers, when they saw how good it was.

Not neccessarily, the machines are incredibly vulnerable to tampering, watched a video on youtube of someone getting into the ones most widely used in the states in less than 60 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Many who voted SF will be happy with this. It will see the slow demise of FF speed up.

The demise has been more so on the FG side.

FF will have the most seats so I don't know where you are coming from there.

The middle ground and void that was the Labour Party has been hoovered up by SF.

Interesting times. Will FF have a change of mind re SF, because we know what the only alternative is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

? They made the statements before the election. To change stance now would be going back on promises. I thought that's not what people want politicians to do ?

Yes they did.
    Which was for a wider audience but ultimately only their own listened.
    then, instead of staying neutral today they double down.
    It isn't very clever as one of the pundits has just said their day is over when they can decide who is worthy of speaking to with SF on a quarter of the vote.

It's simply incredibly stupid to show your hand (or double down on it)

Completely accurate until they are hacked. Can never be made secure enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

McMurphy wrote: »
    Not offended in the slightest, in fact I was typing out how your attitude was nothing but hypocritical pontificating with a big grin on my face.

The lobsided/hypocritical stances in some folks arguments are easier to spot than others.

Yours stood out like a sore thumb tbh.

Like I said, it's not my argument, it's one of the reasons that has been given time and time again, and I don't completely disagree.

You won't come across as obnoxious as you currently are when you come to this reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

seannash wrote: »
    Why cant it be FF/Greens/independents to form a coalition??

Paddy Power seems to think it might

The experience of having the likes of Shane Ross and Zappone in government should put anyone off ever having an independent in government again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

Completely accurate until they are hacked. Can never be made secure enough

We can secure the purchasing of a vibrator but not an e-voting machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

John Waters and Gemma o doherty tallies below 2 percent...lol

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Which was also stupid but a dogwhistle only to their own.
    When the results are looking like nothing before, don't box yourself in is beyond the actual chairs of both parties.

I agree, but I think they dug that hole too deep before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That is so embarrassing for this country.
    Jesus

The west brits are squirming now!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hurrache wrote: »
    Like I said, it's not my argument, it's one of the reasons that has been given time and time again, and I don't completely disagree.

You won't come across as obnoxious as you currently are when you come to this reality.

think mcmurphy is being fair enough throughout the thread, and bear in mind ill be one of the first against the wall when the shinners ascend!

Eoin o Broin really is a very impressive speaker, whatever your opinion on SF

limnam wrote: »
    We can secure the purchasing of a vibrator but not an e-voting machine.

Russia doesn't have much interest in your vibrator purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

road_high wrote: »
    Hear hear. He came in on a mandate of “looking after those who work” but did very little for us in reality- we needed and a deserved a healthy tax cut last budget. Instead they liked the carbon tax and gave a Xmas bonus to people that never even vote FG.

They should have tackled insurance costs and welfare fallbacks for the self employed. The middle class should have been looked after in relation to housing, transport/commuting and possibly taxation. Something simple like a tax credit for working from home split between employer and employees would have been welcomed.

• Advertisement

Has to be the Irish equivalent to Godwin's law.

Have you been in a coma since the Brexit vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,865 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When will Leo address the country?

gmisk wrote: »
    Eoin o Broin really is a very impressive speaker, whatever your opinion on SF

people have always said this about doherty and himself and ive to say, ive never seen it meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

With us or against us ehh?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The Greens will have to think long and hard about going into government. They would not want to be blamed for standing in the way of tens of thousands of new houses being built on green fields.

They need to be built on brownfield and redeveloping sites in urban areas. Not in green fields ( as much as is practical )

Hurrache wrote: »
    Has to be the Irish equivalent to Godwin's law.

nope, thats the garlic trader who was jailed, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

500 million wasted by FF.

When did 50 become 500, what is it with you and your inability to be truthful?

people have always said this about doherty and himself and ive to say, ive never seen it meself.
    Agree to disagree.
    I find both hugely impressive, much more so than Mary Lou

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

Russia doesn't have much interest in your vibrator purchases

Interest != vulnerability.

If there was enough appetite to get it done. It's very possible to secure X.

It happens all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

If thats the only obstacle i cant understand why no one is talking about this option??
    Surely if your a party you want to be at the top table

Advertisement