Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Perhaps they should hold it during the night so old cranks who are only interested in their own selfish interests don't go out and vote.
    Or we could just take all the self-declared, anti-democratic people off the register!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Eoin O Broin was very clear.
    The voters told him we don't care who y ou end up with we want these problems sorted (rent, houses, health, just getting by)
    We will be hammered if we let them down, he says

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In Afghanistan they used a blue ink that took a while to wash off. Simple, effective and unhackable

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/03/world/asia/afghanistan-election-turnout-fraud.html

A computer system with fingerprint recognition would definitely be safer in Afghanistan.

The worry about low turnout has now turned into suspicion of artificially high turnout. Ballot boxes from several areas that had exceptionally high turnout in the Saturday election, surprising observers, have arrived at the Independent Election Commission’s tabulation centers brimming with votes. Some places of sparse voting reported turnout rates as high as 90 percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Muahahaha wrote: »
    RTE reporting that Regina Docherty is in trouble. That is no surprise after her appearance on Prime Time when she told the young couple paying sky high rents and commuting 3 hours a day that their predicament was a sign of Fine Gaels economic success and we should all be happy. In that one moment she showed how out of touch she is right in front of an audience of her own constituents. It was a lightbulb moment for the voters of Meath.

That's the FG benchmark for "success".

statesaver wrote: »
    What was the overall turnout ?
    Hopefully we'll know this afternoon but may be later this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Terry bloody Prone. Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Never liked this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hurrache wrote: »
    Like I said, it's not my argument, it's one of the reasons that has been given time and time again, and I don't completely disagree.

You won't come across as obnoxious as you currently are when you come to this reality.

If I'm coming across as obnoxious, I sincerely apologise, I'm just sick sore and tired of hypocrisy in the state.

Leo Varadkar: Sinn Fein and the DUP should sit down together, put their differences behind them, and form a govt.

Leo Varadkar: We will not put our differences behind us, and sit down with Sinn Fein and form a govt.

There's crys of glorifying terrorist's while Leo has a portrait of Michael Collins hanging in his office.

The Black and Tans controversy.

And on and on it goes.

Members of Sinn Fein being near offices of power while an ex psni member is the commissioner of the Gardai.

It's hypocrisy in the extreme and it'll be pointed out when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Her face is er distracting...that sounded like a wee made up story tbh

Cover of a Kraftwerk album is the best place for her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/03/world/asia/afghanistan-election-turnout-fraud.html

A computer system with fingerprint recognition would definitely be safer in Afghanistan.

The worry about low turnout has now turned into suspicion of artificially high turnout. Ballot boxes from several areas that had exceptionally high turnout in the Saturday election, surprising observers, have arrived at the Independent Election Commission’s tabulation centers brimming with votes. Some places of sparse voting reported turnout rates as high as 90 percent.

So we've had a giant database of everyone who voted? Sounds like a civil liberties nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The west brits are squirming now!

Are you five? Name calling. It's cringeworthy

McMurphy wrote: »
    If I'm coming across as obnoxious, I sincerely apologise, I'm just sick sore and tired of hypocrisy in the state.

Leo Varadkar: Sinn Fein and the DUP should sit down together, put their differences behind them, and form a gobgy.

Leo Varadkar: We will not put our differences behind us, and sit down with Sinn Fein and form a govt.

There's crys of glorifying terrorist's while Leo has a portrait of Michael Collins hanging in his office.

The Black and Tans controversy.

And on and on it goes.

Members of Sinn Fein being near offices of power while an ex psni member is the commissioner of the Gardai.

It's hypocrisy in the extreme and it'll be pointed out when I see it.

How long should we give SF to make up their minds. Three years?

So we've had a giant database of everyone who voted? Sounds like a civil liberties nightmare

Destroy the information. Get everyone to fingerprint in five years time or whenever the next election is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Evil wicked bitch

She is making good points despite the face

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

RTE, who's the man with the glasses, not Dobo

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Never liked this one.

Me neither. Can't stand her tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I didnt get where I am today without knowing a thing or two.

LOL. FFS :rolleyes:

236full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Or you could be like me and many of friends and family who feel that we have no representation. As a middle class PAYE worker on a relatively decent salary I just feel shafted by every one of them. SF think I'm not paying enough tax, the loony lefties think we should be giving the layabouts more money for scratching themselves, and FF/FG just let business and money dictate how they run things.

Where is the party that represents those of us who want to work, pay our mortgage, raise our families, and avail of decent public services? The vast majority of the population genuinely has nobody that really represents them (and no SF are absolutely not the answer).
    limnam wrote: »
    Yes it really baffles me with our limited choices how no one can put together a new relatively sane party

I am lost with regards much of where your anger lies. Our debt burden is generally why tax is so high. The main reasons for that debt burden aren't a mystery. The social welfare issue is red herring stuff especially considering our current rate of unemployment. The issues of housing, homeless and health are generally where FG has been seen to fail and pushed the electorate away.

The reason some party hasn't come along to target the demographic you suggest is even given how prone politics is to fairytale promises this would be a bridge too far. There isn't given current fiscal restraints some magic bullet that allows any party to start making promises to those sections that their burden will be less. Who you choose to blame and see as the reasons for that situation are up to you. Shouting about red herring issues that you think can be fixed and rain money from the sky to give middle-income households huge tax breaks shows just as much delusion as you think is exhibited by your words 'the loony lefties'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How long should we give SF to make up their minds. Three years?

Well seeing as Leo was pleading for more time to do the things he has suddenly become so passionate about (health and housing) 9 years might be a reasonable assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    UCD seat prediction (very very early) is interesting though (may have got one or two of the smallefr figures wrong)

FF 39-46
    FG 35-40
    SF 36-40
    G 9-14
    L 4-7
    SD 2-6
    SPBP 2-3

Alison O Connor completely correct - FF FG even on the election program are completely in denial

Not exactly putting their necks on the line with those margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

If this ends in another election they need to make sure they don't hold it on the weekend again. Too many young idiots got out to vote.

Yes, because that's democracy isn't it? I assume you didn't have a problem with young people voting when the results were to your liking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

VinLieger wrote: »
    Evil wicked bitch

There was a cartoon doing the rounds the time of the Tuam babies story, it had the Devil phoning up Terri and telling her she'd gone to far and that he couldn't be associated with her any more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Some FF potential TDs are starting to lower the ropes to climb down to the possibility of working with SF.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Not exactly putting their necks on the line with those margins.
    With the complete uncertainty of SF transfers they are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Hurrache wrote: »
    Some FF potential TDs are starting to lower the ropes to climb down to the possibility of working with SF.

I don't know why this would be a surprise for anyone, MM cannot be the only FF leader never to be leader of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

First actual results coming in now!
    Galway east

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Charlie Flanagan on 10%, sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yurt! wrote: »
    I think SF have a far better chance of ameliorating the housing pressures many are under rather than FG or FF. O'Brion's housing proposals and their overall approach to housing is flat-out better than the other two.

Health is another barrel of badgers.

Will O’Broin tax his supporters for sorting the housing.

Not a chance.

‘We will solve the housing problem, but you won’t have to pay,

Let’s get real here.

Advertisement