Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

I am lost with regards much of where your anger lies. Our debt burden is generally why tax is so high. The main reasons for that debt burden aren't a mystery. The social welfare issue is red herring stuff especially considering our current rate of unemployment. The issues of housing, homeless and health are generally where FG has been seen to fail and pushed the electorate away.

The reason some party hasn't come along to target the demographic you suggest is even given how prone politics is to fairytale promises this would be a bridge too far. There isn't given current fiscal restraints some magic bullet that allows any party to start making promises to those sections that their burden will be less. Who you choose to blame and see as the reasons for that situation are up to you. Shouting about red herring issues that you think can be fixed and rain money from the sky to give middle-income households huge tax breaks shows just as much delusion as you think is exhibited by your words 'the loony lefties'.

Not angry at all.

You think it's too much to ask to want a relatively competent alternative to vote for ?

You think we have as good as it gets?

Didn't think I was asking for much *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Calhoun wrote: »
    I don't know why this would be a surprise for anyone, MM cannot be the only FF leader never to be leader of the country.

It's not coming from him though, party officially is still no deal, but some of his foot soldiers are getting restless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Come on the Shinners. Unbelievable results coming in for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Not exactly putting their necks on the line with those margins.

It's mad even on RTÉ the two representatives of FG and FF who it's fair to say this election isn't their first day out were very hesitant to be drawn on number of seats. The last seat in a lot of constituencies will be down to the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hurrache wrote: »
    Some FF potential TDs are starting to lower the ropes to climb down to the possibility of working with SF.

Which of them was saying that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

McMurphy wrote: »
    Well seeing as Leo was pleading for more time to do the things he has suddenly become so passionate about (health and housing) 9 years might be a reasonable assumption.

We should threaten to stop their wages. That got SF to finally agree the coalition in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

gmisk wrote: »
    First actual results coming in now!
    Galway east
    Probably as you were. No SF seat there.

First actual results coming in now!
    Galway east

result- no result yet ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ferriter on the air..... should be a fairly biased contribution.

Nice little earner up the road foot in every camp....... uhmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

is_that_so wrote: »
    Probably as you were. No SF seat there.
    Louis ohara over 7k second on first count....still think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cashed out my €100 bet on a FF/SF government. Backed it at 14/1. In to 3/1 favourite now. Made a few quid.

What bookies were offering 14/1 and when did you lay it? Have never seen it any greater than 8/1 with Paddy Power

Which of them was saying that?

Well I saw Michael martins favourite TD John McGuinness talking about it and not ruling it in or out. Although that could him saying the opposite of michael Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Simon Harris reelected by the people of Wicklow.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yeah, look at FF & FG combined totals, especially FF. They have a quota. They should exchange transfers to pass SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Continuing on a naivety trajectory, it would be extremely foolish to assume that SF would allow themselves to be mudguards for anyone in any hypothetical arrangement.

Extremely foolish indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Be careful what you wish for if you earn over 35k.

Sure as shooting their own support base won’t be hit.

Trust me on that.....

two comments as asides

id shift miriams tectonic plates

and what the **** is frank flannery doing on here? do i not recall him shunted out in disgrace or am i totally gone mad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Where will the transfers come from, i wonder ?

two comments as asides

id shift miriams tectonic plates

and what the **** is frank flannery doing on here? do i not recall him shunted out in disgrace or am i totally gone mad?
    He's good on this stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

you could be like me and many of friends and family who feel that we have no representation. As a middle class PAYE worker on a relatively decent salary I just feel shafted by every one of them. SF think I'm not paying enough tax, the loony lefties think we should be giving the layabouts more money for scratching themselves, and FF/FG just let business and money dictate how they run things.

Where is the party that represents those of us who want to work, pay our mortgage, raise our families, and avail of decent public services? The vast majority of the population genuinely has nobody that really represents them (and no SF are absolutely not the answer).

The reason we have layabouts is because of FF/FG policies and auction politics. All the scumbag types, go back to their grandparents time. Irish Sugar in Thurles is one example here. Have to be careful not to identify these people. Grandpa loses his job in 1989 and no replacement industry ends up on JSA long term. His daughter can't get work but is housed by Thurles town council and has numerous children to maximise income because what else is there for her to do? Her children go into criminality and do the same thing and the circle continues.

You complain about having to subsidise these people when it was FF and FG who put these people in this situation in the first place. Irish sugar was profit making btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Destroy the information. Get everyone to fingerprint in five years time or whenever the next election is.

You're meant to be making the process easier and cheaper. Not the opposite

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What bookies were offering 14/1 and when did you lay it? Have never seen it any greater than 8/1 with Paddy Power

Paddy Power not offering me a cash out on any of my bets.

Also - they had the bets you could place capped, wouldn't let me put anything more than 26€ down.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

is_that_so wrote: »
    Yeah, look at FF & FG combined totals, especially FF. They have a quota. They should get exchange transfers to pass SF.
    With 3 seats? He had a decent shot.
    He is a 21/22 year old student lol

Simon Harris reelected by the people of Wicklow.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!

Nobody bar the ceann Comhairle has been reelected yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Trust me on that.....

Was a tongue in cheek comment, as WWN link proves!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Did i hear Miriam brother is struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

McMurphy wrote: »
    Continuing on a naivety trajectory, it would be extremely foolish to assume that SF would allow themselves to be mudguards for anyone in any hypothetical arrangement.

Extremely foolish indeed.

The people voted for them to go into power. Not to sit on the sidelines whinging. County hurling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Trust me on that.....

I earn more than that and would happily pay more tax if the cost of the living was lowered

• Advertisement

There's Gerry on the telly with an Antrim GAA top on him :D

Advertisement