Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

That retired FG chairperson guy on RTE is some spoofer

Such is his ability to dodge questions he should have run his election himself

The Secretary General who replaced him is another spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Adam's looking like the coach of the local under 9 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

gmisk wrote: »
    With 3 seats? He had a decent shot.
    He is a 21/22 year old student lol
    Nah , he can't really as there are too few transfers elsewhere. Biggest non-party FF/FG vote is Greens at under 2K and Canney is ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

McMurphy wrote: »
    There's Gerry on the telly with an Antrim GAA top on him :D
    His opening line cuala bualadh!!! Lol

Which of them was saying that?

Racking my brain at the time trying to remember. He was on Radio 1 but I was sorting out the kids in the bath so distracted a little!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Lots of issues to be sorted out first Gerry before thinking about a United Ireland referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

McMurphy wrote: »
    Continuing on a naivety trajectory, it would be extremely foolish to assume that SF would allow themselves to be mudguards for anyone in any hypothetical arrangement.

Extremely foolish indeed.

Well SF have all the answers regarding housing, Slainte Care will take care of Health for the next ten years. They should put their money where their mouths are, if they did, they would rise exponentially in my estimation.

Mudguards? Afraid more like.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Nah , he can't as there are too few transfers elsewhere.
    Let's see, still an amazing result regardless.
    I think the want left vote left message has gotten across.
    A 22yo student pretty much unknown getting that many first preferences is pretty remarkable

statesaver wrote: »
    Did i hear Miriam brother is struggling

same thing happened jim corr, it cant be easy

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did i hear Miriam brother is struggling

I didn't hear that but could be awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,418 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i would be very disappointed if SF dont go into government.

the people have voted for them, there own fault they arent in a stronger position.

they should go in and fix housing and health like they say they can.

if they spend anothere term throwing insults after getting the vote they got it will show them up as not been interested in governing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Lots of issues to be sorted out first Gerry before thinking about a United Ireland referendum.

Yes he listed all the stuff they’re going to solve as well. Total spoofer but let’s see it in action now in real government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

the people have voted for them, there own fault they arent in a stronger position.

So an FF/FG/SF coalition then ?

they should go in and fix housing and health like they say they can.

if they spend anothere term throwing insults after getting the vote they got it will show them up as not been interested in governing.

the voters never punish a critical opposition, and i dont think any party is looking at the next term of govt and relishing an easy ride

road_high wrote: »
    Yes he listed all the stuff they’re going to solve as well. Total spoofer but let’s see it in action now in real government

The true goal of unification shining through. Anything else is just tactic to get to that target.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You're meant to be making the process easier and cheaper. Not the opposite

I made those suggestions to be in place for two elections, to match both systems, and allay any fears.

Then use voting machines for all future elections, which would produce a fully accurate result immediately. I don't care if some people are dishonest enough to put their name on the list in two constituencies. It was a big deal for some here. So no need for the fingerprints.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

road_high wrote: »

Aye. They're going to be playing senior hurling now :D Lets see do they have the ability for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

gmisk wrote: »
    Let's see, still an amazing result regardless.
    I think the want left vote left message has gotten across.
    A 22yo student pretty much unknown getting that many first preferences is pretty remarkable
    It won't change and should wrap up moderately quickly.

So an FF/FG/SF coalition then ?

A government of unity i think is the best way out for all of them. Natural opposition built in, but not a policy passed due to all the in fighting it would bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That's always where SF fall down most.

They think a UI is a major issue for the electorate here - it isn't!

Besides, as comments in this thread prove, many are nowhere near ready to let go of the old hatred and prejudices (which isn't the same as ignore or forget the things that happened) and actually try to move forward on the issues thst would need to be addressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just wondered, and forgive my ignorance, what would happen if no agreement is reached regarding the formation of the next Government?

Can the Prez just order them to go and get themselves sorted or what?

Aye. They're going to be playing senior hurling now :D Lets see do they have the ability for it.

They have a mandate. To sort health, housing and as the dear leader says rip offs. They should be in both cabinets this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Just wondered, and forgive my ignorance, what would happen if no agreement is reached regarding the formation of the next Government?

We go again......

Hurrache wrote: »
    A government of unity i think is the best way out for all of them. Natural opposition built in, but not a policy passed due to all the in fighting it would bring.

With each of the three getting an 18month Taoiseachric? If they did it, they would effectively all guarantee themselves power in eternity, as there would be no viable opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Second general election

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

The true goal of unification shining through. Anything else is just tactic to get to that target.

I would have thought a goal for any Irish person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

Mary Regan is very pretty.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Besides, as comments in this thread prove, many are nowhere near ready to let go of the old hatred and prejudices (which isn't the same as ignore or forget the things that happened) and actually try to move forward on the issues thst would need to be addressed.

It’s a nice idea and wanted long term but they were elected on bread and butter issues

Totally spot on.
    UI majority do not give a toss...northern Ireland would be a financial drain for a start.
    For context, I am originally from a really republican area in northern Ireland.

I think housing health more of a reason for their massive vote this time though.

• Advertisement

Its big enough - for many its a distinct no-no, and a threat to the 26 county state would be treated vary warily.

Advertisement