Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Interesting on rotating taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I like Adrian Kavanagh but I wish he wouldn't do these instant seat calculations - as they can be all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I made those suggestions to be in place for two elections, to match both systems, and allay any fears.

Then use voting machines for all future elections, which would produce a fully accurate result immediately. I don't care if some people are dishonest enough to put their name on the list in two constituencies. It was a big deal for some here. So no need for the fingerprints.

Tha'ts an horrific thought.
    leave the paper and pencil and the counting experience alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I always think that if there is such a thing as lizard people then Frank Flannery is a nailed on contender

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Tha'ts an horrific thought.
    leave the paper and pencil and the counting experience alone.

The money saved could be used for the homeless, and to reduce the TV licence fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

road_high wrote: »
    It’s a nice idea and wanted long term but they were elected on bread and butter issues

Thats people buying the dummy. SF concern about bread and butter issues is only a tactic in the 32 county core value. SF havent a clue how to solve those issues. Its a strange state of affairs for a parties angle for claiming they will solve issues is that they are totally inexperienced.

The money saved could be used for the homeless, and to reduce the TV licence fee.

Now now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

limnam wrote: »
    I would have thought a goal for any Irish person.

Gonna have to disagree with you here, reunification for the sake of reunification is a terrible idea.

Economically it's not sustainable and I can envision a return to the chaos we saw before the GFA.

I personally would vote against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Why do SF feel the need to waive the tri colour in the count centre interviews/photo shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Mary Lou is incapable of leading this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Would some kind soul tell me how to bloody Multiquote doh! I tried it and nothing appears in the reply box.

Luddite I'm not, but I'm sure I'm just missing something basic.

Edit.... maybe I have to single quote the post first, then add multiquote. Sorry for annoying you all, will try that and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I would have thought a goal for any Irish person.

I disaagree. We have enough problems here now we aren't solving, without taking on that headache.

Besides, the only reason it's come up at all in recent times was because NI didn't want to leave the EU with Brexit. I'm not sure that would be enough of a reason for either side in the end.

It's a nationalist fantasy that tends to dim significantly in the face of what it would actually mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Why do SF feel the need to waive the tri colour in the count centre interviews/photo shots?

And why do they feel the sing rebel songs like “get out you Black and Tans?”

Reality starting to kick in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I see no issue with that

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Didn't realise that Thomas Bryne FF was in a cliffhanger.

Martin really is gonna come under pressure. He is the big loser here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thomas Byrne changing his tune a bit, he didn't flat out say they wouldn't partner up with SF.

Would some kind soul tell me how to bloody Multiquote doh! I tried it and nothing appears in the reply box.

Luddite I'm not, but I'm sure I'm just missing something basic.
    Click the + icon to select the posts you want then hit reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McMurphy wrote: »
    Paddy Power not offering me a cash out on any of my bets.

Also - they had the bets you could place capped, wouldn't let me put anything more than 26€ down.

Well thats interesting McMurphy because Im not getting offered cash out either and Ive both FF-FG and FF-SF backed as the next government. Ive also been tracking odds for about a year now and have never seen FF-SF at 14/1 as JohnnyFlash is claiming he backed them at. I have them at 7/1 from about 8 or 9 months back. And like you say many bets in the political markets are capped.

So it would be good if JohnnyFlash could put up a screen shot of his 100 euro bet 14/1 and the cash out. Just so we know he is not talking sh1te.

Thomas Byrne changing his tune a bit, he didn't flat out say they wouldn't partner up with SF.
    Ah the bould Thomas Byrne. Great man to have near a mic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

We could also considering reducing the wages of the overpaid RTE crew.

Would love to see the end of Joe Duffy cleaning up hundreds of thousands of year for trop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,404 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Maybe because it's the national flag I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

To ask a noob question when does counting stop for the day?

I’m guessing 6pm and return tomorrow

Or do they keep going till late tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thomas Byrne after being asked where it went wrong for FF considering the big predictions for them?

He answered, listen back if you don't believe me, "I think people didn't see enough of an clear differential between us and FG" no shlt Thomas.

Asked about SF coalition, shaky answer for sure.

They want back in govt at any cost, there's no doubt about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Can someone please advise me on why I am unable to post an image? I go through the motions as guided by a post on the matter but it doesn't appear. Do I need special privilege?

That Gerry Adams interview lifted the mask off SF. Their goal is ,a 32 county republic. It's gonna hurt them big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

We could also considering reducing the wages of the overpaid RTE crew.

Would love to see the end of Joe Duffy cleaning up hundreds of thousands of year for trop.

Duffy is not an employee of RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I disaagree. We have enough problems here now we aren't solving, without taking on that headache.

Besides, the only reason it's come up at all in recent times was because NI didn't want to leave the EU with Brexit. I'm not sure that would be enough of a reason for either side in the end.

It's a nationalist fantasy that tends to dim significantly in the face of what it would actually mean.

For all the SF attempts to bury the terrorism element with lines about it being in the past, why can they not do so with something that is even a further 50 years in the past. The island was partitioned. Part is republic, part is a Kingdom. Accept it, and let the distant past be the distant past.
    But no. They only like to try to bury (!) the past that suits them as an unpleasant truth and reminder to people of the true SF nature.

mikemac2 wrote: »

Early hours of tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Why do Fine Gael landlords let them live rent free in their head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

mikemac2 wrote: »

They'll go on later, it's up to the retuning office to decide. If they think they'll get a count through soon they'll often continue on late enough before breaking for the night.

Advertisement