Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Thats people buying the dummy. SF concern about bread and butter issues is only a tactic in the 32 county core value. SF havent a clue how to solve those issues. Its a strange state of affairs for a parties angle for claiming they will solve issues is that they are totally inexperienced.

Absolutely SF haven’t a notion how to solve these or indeed particularly care. They are populist anarchy. But the people want it so let them have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

theballz wrote: »
    And why do they feel the sing rebel songs like “get out you Black and Tans?”

Reality starting to kick in now.

If you don't know the answer to that, you must be just home from a vacation to the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well isn't it a case of FF needing to work out which is the lesser of two evils politically.

Micheal Martin and his party might have diverging views on that, FF could descend into civil war if they are not the largest party...

Speaking of which odds on FF to have the most seats have moved out a shade but still 1/4. Surely Paddy Power must have this sussed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

theballz wrote: »
    And why do they feel the sing rebel songs like “get out you Black and Tans?”

Reality starting to kick in now.

Its their murderous violent mentality, still hung up on events of a hundred years ago. Some of their voters getting a little bit more educated on what they really voted for yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That Gerry Adams interview lifted the mask off SF. Their goal is ,a 32 county republic. It's gonna hurt them big time.

That's their official stance, it's hanging there with its ass out since their formation. Its never been hidden as an objective!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That Gerry Adams interview lifted the mask off SF. Their goal is ,a 32 county republic. It's gonna hurt them big time.
    How so? The voting done, and everyone knows what Adams position would be.

Dublin bay south is going to be very interesting!
    Two seats prob up for grabs (other two pretty much nailed seemingly)
    Eoghan Murphy
    Kate o connell
    Jim o Callaghan

One of them likely to miss out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

Hurrache wrote: »
    Duffy is not an employee of RTE

Who's paying his wages now?

Insert pretty much any RTE presenter then...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

limnam wrote: »
    We could also considering reducing the wages of the overpaid RTE crew.

Would love to see the end of Joe Duffy cleaning up hundreds of thousands of year for trop.

When potential policies are coming down to this populist bullsh1t then you know we're in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Its their murderous violent mentality, still hung up on events of a hundred years ago. Some of their voters getting a little bit more educated on what they really voted for yesterday.
    This is getting tiring

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

lawred2 wrote: »
    Maybe because it's the national flag I suppose..

You don't see the other parties at it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No Shít Sherlock?

Who's paying his wages now?

Insert pretty much any RTE presenter then...

He's a contractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Not angry at all. You think it's too much to ask to want a relatively competent alternative to vote for ? You think we have as good as it gets? Didn't think I was asking for much *shrug*

I certainly hope this isn't as good as it gets and the only reason I included you in that post was that you seemed to agree with the previous poster whom you quoted with your reply. I thought his post was incredibly Me Fein. I want a party that will look after my section of society better. Looking at specific issues related to yourself and wanting a party that takes them more seriously and fixes your issues is just more divisive politics.

I don't think we do a good job of making happy societies. That can be seen at the **** it vote in Britain, America, Ireland etc. Those votes aren't tied to a particular demographic but it is a general discontent and a vote for change. People are literally crying out all over the world that they don't want the same **** anymore. They will vote for anything different in the absence of the choice that makes sense.

They're a republican party, Irish unification has been one of their main goals (pretty much their cornerstone) since their existence.

I'd like to see a UI in my lifetime, but both the timing and it's approach needs to be done extremely carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Duffy is not an employee of RTE

That's irrelevant no? He may be on some kind of self employed contract but he (or his company) is still being paid by RTE

Mary Lou coming in to count like a rockstar with Michelle O Neill!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

He's a contractor.

Who pays his wages?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

gmisk wrote: »

Wearing her Labour colours....

The squirming is palpable

Any other foreign politicians invited ?

Or is this a reminder of where SF's real roots are - abroad.

• Advertisement

denfmcburd wrote: »
    You should all check out Agent Smith (@TheMan07296274) on Twitter, been looking at his feed all morning he’s really telling it like it is.

This election is historical.

Hi Agent Smith.

Lol, try harder

That's irrelevant no? He may be on some kind of self employed contract but he (or his company) is still being paid by RTE

It's important to differentiate between their normal full time staff, people like you and I, and those coining it via their own companies.

The people that others use as a stick to beat RTE with aren't normally RTE employees. It's always been disingenuous..

All Ireland party...did you miss that message?
    That's odd they say it a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I laughed out loud, I can almost smell your desperation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

FF/FG still playing civil war politics from 100 years ago.

I laughed out loud, I can almost smell your desperation
    I spat out my tea in laughter

It's important to differentiate between their normal full time staff, people like you and I, and those coining it via their own companies.

The people that others use as a stick to beat RTE with aren't normally RTE employees. It's always been disingenuous..

But surely it's their high wages (The big names, be they on contract or not) that is the issue for people?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,404 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Fireball81 wrote: »
    You don't see the other parties at it....

Fairly sure I've seen it

• Advertisement

All Ireland party...did you miss that message?
    That's odd they say it a lot...

The Irish feeling they still need UK involvement in their governance ?

Advertisement