Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hurrache wrote: »
    Not really and they will not have the numbers at all. It's like Gerry putting himself up for Taoiseach - optics for the supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Soulsun wrote: »
    Does SF really wanna be in govt this time round?

I think so, listening to MLM and Pearse Doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Michael Lehane predicting FF 41 Fg 39 SF 37.

Just a bare majority for FF-FG; how do they flesh it out if they make some arrangement between the two? Get the Greens on board, or do a few side deals with Healy Reas, Lowry etc.?

Get Social Democrats or labour over the greens. Rural Ireland wont want going in and improving the environment

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Why do SF feel the need to waive the tri colour in the count centre interviews/photo shots?

It's the national flag?

:rolleyes:

It's been hilarious to see all the pearl clutching attempts to try an knock the Shinners on this thread, but the above is plumbing new depths indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Mary Lou monsoon according to Cormac O hara to which Mary Lou who was being interviewed was slightly assumed but confused as was I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Michael Lehane predicting FF 41 Fg 39 SF 37.

Just a bare majority for FF-FG; how do they flesh it out if they make some arrangement between the two? Get the Greens on board, or do a few side deals with Healy Reas, Lowry etc.?

FF leading an FG confidence and supply, with Labour and the Greens and maybe Soc Dems in Govt. Total about 105.

The outgoing Govt has shown that trying to include independents is as disastrous as it is unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Lol. It’s not about “wanting”. You go in on a mandate of so called change and get a mandate you no longer have the luxury of sitting on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Can't stand Kelly - an egotistical, preening git
    I dont think anyone can!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

gmisk wrote: »
    Brendan Howlin congratulations to SF candidate.
    Very upfront about poor performance of labour.
    He is a decent straight shooter imo.

Jan OSullivan gone?! She was a useless minister for education delighted.

Agree about Brendan Howlin, labour got my number 2 based on him and the candidate running in my constituency - sounded genuine...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not really and they will not have the numbers at all. It's like Gerry putting himself up for Taoiseach - optics for the supporters.

Yeah, I edited my post I misread it as saying she wants to form a government with the big 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

thats what howlin got his dig in about. "The days of not wanting to be in govt are over for them" essentially what he said.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that assertion i

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Terry Prone's face would turn milk sour

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Check out the SIPO report from the 2016 election. For all the talk about corruption in the main parties, it was the mostly the non party and micro party members who were referred to the Gardai.

https://www.sipo.ie/reports-and-publications/election-reports/Dail-General-Election-of-26-February-2016.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

road_high wrote: »
    Lol. It’s not about “wanting”. You go in on a mandate of so called change and get a mandate you no longer have the luxury of sitting on the fence.

I hope they go in. Then their pixie dust promises can really be put to the test. I can't wait for all the free money we're going to get.

Tony EH wrote: »
    It's the national flag?

:rolleyes:

It's been hilarious to see all the pearl clutching attempts to try an knock the Shinners on this thread, but the above is plumbing new depths indeed.

I don't see it as pearl clutching, a genuine question as none of the other Irish parties do it. We know they're all Irish, don't need a kit or flag to tell us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

gmisk wrote: »
    I dont think anyone can!!!

Oh pleeeeeeeese let him get f****d.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well thats interesting McMurphy because Im not getting offered cash out either and Ive both FF-FG and FF-SF backed as the next government. Ive also been tracking odds for about a year now and have never seen FF-SF at 14/1 as JohnnyFlash is claiming he backed them at. I have them at 7/1 from about 8 or 9 months back. And like you say many bets in the political markets are capped.

So it would be good if JohnnyFlash could put up a screen shot of his 100 euro bet 14/1 and the cash out. Just so we know he is not talking sh1te.

I think there might be a wee bit of spoofing going on.

One of my bets however is pretty much a sure thing, the other.... We'll just have to wait and see.

IMG-20200209-155730.jpg

leahyl wrote: »
    Agree about Brendan Howlin, labour got my number 2 based on him and the candidate running in my constituency - sounded genuine...
    Glad I am not the only one tbh.
    I gave labour candidate here a high preference as well Rebecca Moynihan.
    They have some excellent people but as a party seem to have totally lost their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

I don't see it as pearl clutching, a genuine question as none of the other Irish parties do it. We know they're all Irish, don't need a kit or flag to tell us that.

Fianna Fail have been blue in the face telling us that they are the Republican Party for years now. I suppose SF need to be seen to be even more republican.

That and it's kind been their unofficial flag for decades

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Nothing wrong with holding the tricolour.id hold it with pride.
    Did you see the brits holding their Union Jack last week?did you query them aswell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Get Social Democrats or labour over the greens. Rural Ireland wont want going in and improving the environment

Any of those parties liable to pull the thing down on a 'point of principle' though. Healy Reas etc. just want a few goodies for their constituents, will want to keep the show on the road as long as possible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mary Lou playing a blinder. Has them all on strings.

Fianna Fail have been blue in the face telling us that they are the Republican Party for years now. I suppose SF need to be seen to be even more republican.

That and it's kind been their unofficial flag for decades

But it's the country's, and all of ours, official flag.

mary lou thinks that ff and fg are beholden to too many interests

jesus, look im trying to play nice on the big day, but we all know who sf are beholden to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Not wanting to is arrogant and undemocratic as Brendan Howlin just effectively pointed out, albeit in different words.

The SF members chanting "come out ye black and tans" in the RDS is an unfortunate side effect of their popularity and shows them up as what they really are: a shower of scumbags. There are some exceptional cases - Eoin O Broin seems to be a very capable and sensible politician for example.

But be under no illusion, SF are not winning this election based on their republic ideals, they are doing so because of a lack of any other meaningful protest vote. That's crucially important as we move forward.

Sad to see some decent politicians that may lose seats across the board.
    Stephen Donnelly could have been a very capable FF leader in the next decade or so, someone to pull the party out of the quagmire and into the 21st century but may not get a seat. Noel Rock, again leaving aside party preference by all accounts a very decent politician also looks like he will lose out.

ricero wrote: »
    Mary Lou playing a blinder. Has them all on strings.
    She is very bullish rightly so!
    Especially after results in locals and euros, and then now, why wouldn't she!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I am so happy that the people of Ireland are abandoning the FFG cartel.
    I just wish we had more options outside those 2 parties.
    I think we've crossed the Rubicon now and am hopeful for better politics in the future.

After 20 years of voting FG I am now a Social Democrat voter. It feels good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Its their murderous violent mentality, still hung up on events of a hundred years ago. Some of their voters getting a little bit more educated on what they really voted for yesterday.

When you challenge other folk awareness of the North, i wonder about your own judgment. If you learned the history- the provisional IRA appeared to protect the Northern Ireland catholic communties in late 1969.  The catholics in Belfast sought a non-violent way to resolve the status quo and what they got back instead was violence.  The RUC and Unionists started burning out catholic homes across Belfast and the Unionist controlled RUC start beating up men and women for marching in the streets and live was just **** for ordinary people. So unfortunately when one side would not accept another side position about human rights, an armed wing formed, to bring about transformation in the North.. 

sdanseo wrote: »
    Not wanting to is arrogant and undemocratic as Brendan Howlin just effectively pointed out, albeit in different words.

The SF members chanting "come out ye black and tans" in the RDS is an unfortunate side effect of their popularity and shows them up as what they really are: a shower of scumbags. There are some exceptional cases - Eoin O Broin seems to be a very capable and sensible politician for example.

But be under no illusion, SF are not winning this election based on their republic ideals, they are doing so because of a lack of any other meaningful protest vote. That's crucially important as we move forward.

Sad to see some decent politicians that may lose seats across the board.
    Stephen Donnelly could have been a very capable FF leader in the next decade or so, someone to pull the party out of the quagmire and into the 21st century but may not get a seat. Noel Rock, again leaving aside party preference by all accounts a very decent politician also looks like he will lose out.

my attitude to great people in ff or sf is

dont be in sf or ff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

This is probably why SF are doing so well

The things people choose to pick up on.

I'm sure there's plenty of holes in SF you can have a crack of.

Waving a tri-colour is not one of them.

Advertisement