Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sdanseo wrote: »
    Not wanting to is arrogant and undemocratic as Brendan Howlin just effectively pointed out, albeit in different words.

The SF members chanting "come out ye black and tans" in the RDS is an unfortunate side effect of their popularity and shows them up as what they really are: a shower of scumbags. There are some exceptional cases - Eoin O Broin seems to be a very capable and sensible politician for example.

But be under no illusion, SF are not winning this election based on their republic ideals, they are doing so because of a lack of any other meaningful protest vote. That's crucially important as we move forward.

Sad to see some decent politicians that may lose seats across the board.
    Stephen Donnelly could have been a very capable FF leader in the next decade or so, someone to pull the party out of the quagmire and into the 21st century but may not get a seat. Noel Rock, again leaving aside party preference by all accounts a very decent politician also looks like he will lose out.
    Noel Rock seems to be a victim of boundary changes to his constituency. It's nothing he can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I am so happy that the people of Ireland are abandoning the FFG cartel.
    I just wish we had more options outside those 2 parties.
    I think we've crossed the Rubicon now and am hopeful for better politics in the future.

After 20 years of voting FG I am now a Social Democrat voter. It feels good!
    Agreed, this is good for Irish politics, maybe FFG might tone down their arrogance now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I am so happy that the people of Ireland are abandoning the FFG cartel.
    I just wish we had more options outside those 2 parties.
    I think we've crossed the Rubicon now and am hopeful for better politics in the future.

After 20 years of voting FG I am now a Social Democrat voter. It feels good!

A democratically elected government are hardly a cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

limnam wrote: »
    This is probably why SF are doing so well

The things people choose to pick up on.

I'm sure there's plenty of holes in SF you can have a crack of.

Waving a tri-colour is not one of them.

It's gas, I get attacked for pointing out other issues about them, I get attacked for not pointing out out other issues about them.

BTW, I didn't raise the flag thing, someone else did.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

pjohnson wrote: »
    Peter Casey succesful in Donegal.

1,142 votes 1.5%

Peoples champion.

Any word on his 'soul sister' Verona. You'd imagine SF wave wouldn't lift her...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Noel Rock seems to be a victim of boundary changes to his constituency. It's nothing he can do about it.
    Not my constituency but I get the impression passing through that he's constantly organising information meetings for people and taking stances on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Any word on his 'soul sister' Verona. You'd imagine SF wave wouldn't lift her...
    Under 5 percent in tallies I think

I don't believe the majority of people who voted SF want a 32 county republic. It's economic suicide.

I don't believe the majority of people who voted SF want a 32 county republic. It's economic suicide.
    That decision has to be put to the people anyway so regardless of what any party thinks or wants we have the final say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So is building the most expensive public hospital in the world and having a large section of it for private practice only.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

I wouldn't think it was part of this election or something people are expecting to happen tomorrow.

But I don't think I've ever met an irish person in my life that doesn't want it at some point.

They'll turn up soon I'm sure.

Cork north west we have a first count.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

gmisk wrote: »
    Brendan Howlin congratulations to SF candidate.
    Very upfront about poor performance of labour.
    He is a decent straight shooter imo.

Jan OSullivan gone?! She was a useless minister for education delighted.

I thought Brendan did well in the leaders debates.

I wouldn't think it was part of this election or something people are expecting to happen tomorrow.

But I don't think I've ever met an irish person in my life that doesn't want it at some point.

I don't want it ever.

No one elected on the first count in Cork North West.

So is building the most expensive public hospital in the world and having a large section of it for private practice only.

Hmmm. This is different. Having private practice helps pays the bills that the long term unemployed (who use use the hospital's the most) don't pay.

I don't want it ever.

As I said.

They'll turn up.

You prefer the queen to rule part of your country?

I don't believe you're Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You won't have met any Northern Unionists then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Why so? Will North people decline to pay taxes? North already economically advanced. It not destroyed out ruin we be taking over. 

elperello wrote: »
    You won't have met any Northern Unionists then ?
    They get to have their say on the matter also

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Hmmm. This is different. Having private practice helps pays the bills that the long term unemployed (who use use the hospital's the most) don't pay.

How dare they use hospitals

As I said.

They'll turn up.

You prefer the queen to rule part of your country?

I don't believe you're Irish.

It's not part of my country. I was born in the Republic of Ireland. Northern Ireland isn't my country. It just happens to be on the island of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Is there any preliminary list of first-count elected candidates?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dublin Rathdown on now.
    Ross looks out.

It's not part of my country. I was born in the Republic of Ireland. Northern Ireland isn't my country. It just happens to be on the island of Ireland.

hehehe

Get out of it.

You're not Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

I think we'll hear the whole Wolfe Tones album before the day is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

A peculiar and unpopular view, but you are welcome to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

I have no problem with the tri colour but the Catalan flag, Jesus lads.

Didn't spot the Palestinian flag but more than likely it is there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ross is gone by the looks of it, he can't get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

road_high wrote: »
    Hear hear. He came in on a mandate of “looking after those who work” but did very little for us in reality- we needed and a deserved a healthy tax cut last budget. Instead they liked the carbon tax and gave a Xmas bonus to people that never even vote FG.

We need better services and infrastructure, not tax cuts.

Advertisement