Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,404 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ross is gone by the looks of it, he can't get in.

HUZZAH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

theballz wrote: »
    Mary Lou is incapable of leading this country.

The people paying extortionate rents and those on hospital trolleys have just said that about Varadker/Mairtin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

We need better services and infrastructure, not tax cuts.

Haven't seen much of those in the last 9 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

North Kildare looks like

SD 1
    SF 2
    Frank O'Rourke FF 3
    James Lawless FF 4

FG not returning any TDs for the constituency at all.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Peter Casey succesful in Donegal.

1,142 votes 1.5%

Peoples champion.

Good old Peter. Remember many on Boards being so excited about him after a certain presidential election. “New dawn, had the ear of the people etc”. Last we’ll hear of this guy most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

If FF/FG dont start delivering on housing and health it will be a SF gov in 4 years imo, they ignore the results at their peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

We need better services and infrastructure, not tax cuts.

This will require tackling the public service unions, something none of the parties seem keen to do.

Infrastructure barely came up at all, Metro North, Dart underground, Limerick to Cork, rail electrification, barely a footnote.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Could be two FG seats or 1 FG & 1 FF.

A peculiar and unpopular view, but you are welcome to it.

I would say the majority of people born in the Republic of Ireland do not have an interest in a united Ireland. So it wouldn't be unpopular.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The counts are coming in now. All the polls opinion or exit are grand but this is the senior hurling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

astrofool wrote: »
    This will require tackling the public service unions, something none of the parties seem keen to do.

Infrastructure barely came up at all, Metro North, Dart underground, Limerick to Cork, rail electrification, barely a footnote.
    People vote on what annoys them most, not what the media consider the failings of government.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If FF/FG dont start delivering on housing and health it will be a SF gov in 4 years imo, they ignore the results at their peril.

Houses will get built, health will stay the same, spending on health just gets absorbed by the inefficiencies in the system. Next health minister will be enemy #1 in a few years time (building houses is easy, but takes a few years to get started, so next government get the bounce of the current policies).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't want it ever.

Well you're in a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I hope Coppenger follows Ross...

statesaver wrote: »
    How dare they use hospitals

I've no problem with them using hospitals, I don't see any SF been a stronger minister for health but I could see Eoin O Broin doing good work in housing.

Sinn Fein seat in Meath West.

So 2 SF seats out of two seats announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Yessssss thank you people!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McMurphy wrote: »
    I think there might be a wee bit of spoofing going on.

One of my bets however is pretty much a sure thing, the other.... We'll just have to wait and see.

IMG-20200209-155730.jpg

Yeah I think JohnnyFlash is spoofing on this 100 euro 14/1 bet on FF-SF and he now seems to have vanished from the thread. Funny that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

astrofool wrote: »

I disagree, perhaps it was not spelled out but Lab/Green/SD votes are votes for infrastructure and disastrous Shane Ross is out. Even SF votes could carry an element of infrastructure related protest vote seeing how FG/FF have not delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

I would say the majority of people born in the Republic of Ireland do not have an interest in a united Ireland. So it wouldn't be unpopular.

I agree, most people won't give a toss about a united Ireland if there's any chance it hits them in the pocket. Which it would. They'd have even less interest in any chance of loyalist violence.

Anyway this result is a massive step backwards for a united Ireland. Sinn Fein will never deliver a UI. It will be down to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Hmmm. This is different. Having private practice helps pays the bills that the long term unemployed (who use use the hospital's the most) don't pay.

Well now sf are there thru can slash the costs and re think the whole thing to work for “the people “. Sf are fighting last weeks battles still- their mandate is “change” not a raking over of past issues of others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

A peculiar and unpopular view, but you are welcome to it.

Not that peculiar, we cant afford to take on the 6 counties.
    The simplistic view that "wont they pay taxes like the rest of us" is reflective of the lack of understanding of how much it would cost us to unite.

As an ideology im all for it, just not right now whilst our own services are a disaster and housing issues. Lets get our own house in order first without putting more burden on us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Hmmm. This is different. Having private practice helps pays the bills that the long term unemployed (who use use the hospital's the most) don't pay.

We've high employment so that's not very many.
    One of the many flaws with FG/FF was trying to pass any problems off as being the fault of a very small minority, 'dem dat don't want to work'. While ignoring the plight of the majority who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The leader of (probably) the party with most seats, and odds-on the next taoiseach.
    The expected next leader of the same party
    The deputy leader of the current party in government, and more than likely the new leader as well.

All beaten by a 30yo shinner

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

This poll from yesterday says different.

https://www.thejournal.ie/ge2020-border-poll-4999083-Feb2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

MM on RTE now boosting up his party's performance. Wonder who is sharpening the knives in FF HQ now.

Actually opening the door very very slightly to SF as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

I hope Coppenger follows Ross...

She's poisonous. Hope to never see her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I think the one thing people need to take away from this is that, not allot has changed in the country, the world wont end tomorrow or any time soon in Ireland and if anything it might see each of the parties learning and improving on the bad parts we don't like about them

Please stop the nonsense people that voted aren't stupid thicko's, the onus is on the individual parties to sell their message in a meaningful way that resonates with the electorate.

We are lucky enough to live in a country where we get to vote in a fair democratic process.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    MM on RTE now boosting up his party's performance. Wonder who is sharpening the knives in FF HQ now.

John McGuinness probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Fann Linn wrote: »

Hopefully allot of people, the big mistake FF has continued to make is to keep the relics of the past in place.

Advertisement