Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

That's most definitely not a no from Martin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

threeball wrote: »
    She's poisonous. Hope to never see her again.

Downside is she will be back teaching. And that is frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

limnam wrote: »
    I wouldn't think it was part of this election or something people are expecting to happen tomorrow.

But I don't think I've ever met an irish person in my life that doesn't want it at some point.

They'll turn up soon I'm sure.
    I feel the majority opinion is that its a nice idea but they aren't willing to pay €10,000 a year each to subsidise the North like the uke does at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

MMoC is not the top polling FG candidate in her constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Martin already changing his mind!!! Ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 69,215 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Martin wimping out on the No SF position. Chancer! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

seannash wrote: »
    Not that peculiar, we cant afford to take on the 6 counties.
    The simplistic view that "wont they pay taxes like the rest of us" is reflective of the lack of understanding of how much it would cost us to unite.

As an ideology im all for it, just not right now whilst our own services are a disaster and housing issues. Lets get our own house in order first without putting more burden on us

I was replying to a poster who said he would "never" want it to happen. That most certainly is a peculiar and minority view. I never said it was a priority at this point in time for people in the Republic.

We've high employment so that's not very many.
    One of the many flaws with FG/FF was trying to pass any problems off as being the fault of a very small minority, 'dem dat don't want to work'. While ignoring the plight of the majority who do.

80-90% of patients I would see would be unemployed. To be fair, I work in a city centre hospital so I presume this would be less in a hospital in a more desirable area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

He's after fairly backtracking there.....

• Advertisement

Always been a spoofer has Micheál, not one bit suprised that he’s rowing back on his “promise” not to go into govt with SF

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

'In the national interest'.
    He actually said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Sinn Fein seat in Meath West.

So 2 SF seats out of two seats announced.
    Toibin maybe and then FF v FG for the last seat. FG have 2 here to back up Damien English and might just have the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

The new FF members post 2011 want snouts in the trough. He’s backtracking

He's after fairly backtracking there.....

Unbelievable. He should be run out of FF never mind anywhere else. He led them to a disaster really.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Martin isn't ruling out going in with Fine Gael or Sinn Fein.

At the same time he's talking about morals and principles being important.

Someone in Fianna Fail lying, there's a surprise.

Anyone who voted for FF, look what you have done now, they were and always have been the dishonest party.

They haven't change, they were and always will be frauds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

has to go, the FF membership couldnt possibly stand behind him after that, the idea was that they would never do a deal with the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

In Galway east, Ciaran Cannon FG likely to lose his seat to running mate Pete Roche who will get alot of surplus from Sean Canney Ind and transfers from Donagh killilea FF. SF polling well despite having a candidate no one ever heard off. That's why I don't think this is a real day of change. The protest vote is a real factor. People are voting for anything labelled SF.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    'In the national interest'.
    He actually said that.

See my posts debating this with Safesurfer...I said last week he would do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Jaysus that's some u-turn form Mehole. Monty Burns rubbing his hands. Would sell his granny to be the next Taoiseach

elperello wrote: »

Once they realise the economic suicide of it all. They'd cop on. 60% roughly of people in NI work in public sector. They are propped up by loans from Westminster. How are we going to employ all these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    MMoC is not the top polling FG candidate in her constituency.
    Not surprising as she's the only real candidate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

80-90% of patients I would see would be unemployed. To be fair, I work in a city centre hospital so I presume this would be less in a hospital in a more desirable area.

100% children seen in the childrens hospital will be unemployed.
    Still no need to build such a large private practice into it at an enormous cost. Let private consultants build a private hospital next door, if they can afford it that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,609 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

85063527_2655906801182848_8968385016811749376_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=xowkC2Nn2t4AX-tHet1&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=a09e9c54634b33f93da2c60caf062e6e&oe=5ECEA66A

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Didn't take Martin long to start backing down.

This time next week he'll be talking about how a FF/SF government would be ideal for change and it was his idea all along.

See my posts debating this with Safesurfer...I said last week he would do it.

Absolutely, had no doubt that he’d do a u-turn

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

has to go, the FF membership couldnt possibly stand behind him after that, the idea was that they would never do a deal with the devil.

They will do anything to get in power and feather their own cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

devnull wrote: »
    Martin isn't ruling out going in with Fine Gael or Sinn Fein.

At the same time he's talking about morals and principles being important.

Someone in Fianna Fail lying, there's a surprise.

Anyone who voted for FF, look what you have done now, they were and always have been the dishonest party.

They haven't change, they were and always will be frauds.

He wants to be Taoiseach and he'll do whatever it takes to not go down as the first FF leader not to be Taoiseach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

Why wouldn't you want to be involved with the most popular party in the state?

The question is does the most popular party in the state want to do business with a turncoat?

Advertisement