Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Billcarson

devnull wrote: »
    Martin isn't ruling out going in with Fine Gael or Sinn Fein.

At the same time he's talking about morals and principles being important.

Someone in Fianna Fail lying, there's a surprise.

Anyone who voted for FF, look what you have done now, they were and always have been the dishonest party.

They haven't change, they were and always will be frauds.

Thankfully people see through that nowadays .

strandroad wrote: »
    100% children seen in the childrens hospital will be unemployed.
    Still no need to build such a large private practice into it at an enormous cost. Let private consultants build a private hospital next door, if they can afford it that is.

No space unfortunately, that land is earmarked for maternity hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Martin wimping out on the No SF position. Chancer! :)

I think he's contemplating full coalition with FG; so if he restated the party line on SF but not FG, that might give the game away...

85063527_2655906801182848_8968385016811749376_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=xowkC2Nn2t4AX-tHet1&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=a09e9c54634b33f93da2c60caf062e6e&oe=5ECEA66A

I'll get over Harris & Mary Mitchell O'Connor being returned as long as that aloof toff receives the swinging axe. Those of us down the country won't lament his absence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

No space unfortunately, that land is earmarked for maternity hospital.

So let them build wherever they want. Why is the state obliged to be their landlord?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He wants to be Taoiseach and he'll do whatever it takes to not go down as the first FF leader not to be Taoiseach.

Indeed, putting the country first apparently.

FF haven't changed, still the same arrogance and party before country that almost destroyed this country. They simply cannot be trusted and the fact that the electorate falls for it as well makes me very sad.

He's basically a dishonest politician, lying out of his arse to get people to vote for him, he cannot be trusted to keep his promises and if he cannot do this, what else will he lie about in the time to come.

Dark days for this country, we have a charlatan soon the be in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

2 seats probable in Dublin MidWest for SF.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Eoin does come across well i must say

So let them build wherever they want. Why is the state obliged to be their landlord?

It's a revenue stream for the state. To fund all the unemployed people who get their healthcare for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

How does the surplus work? Where do they get it from? Is it random from the full vote?

• Advertisement

I'll get over Harris & Mary Mitchell O'Connor being returned as long as that aloof toff receives the swinging axe. Those of those down the country won't lament his absence.

I agree, he was not only openly useless, he was actively hurting his portfolio.

It's a revenue stream for the state. To fund all the unemployed people who get their healthcare for free.

Not when the hospital costs what it costs to build.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hmm FG could get 2 in DL, good considering the events around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lol John Waters in Dun Laoighire with 925 votes. The Irish Freedom Party with 116.

Not when the hospital costs what it costs to build.

Don't get me wrong. The building of the children's hospital is a massive scandal and probably deserves a tribunal. It was on the major failings of FG but unless Ireland goes to a NHS model. We will always have private parts of public hospitals. St James has three such wards (P1,P2 and P3)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,564 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Shane Ross gone. Delighted. Came across as a spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Let FF and SF coalesce. See who is the Real Republican Party, oh and I suppose if it happens, SF will relish the portfolios of Health and Housing in order to fulfil their promises.

Anyway, it is what it is, and that's democracy for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

How does the surplus work? Where do they get it from? Is it random from the full vote?
    If a candidate receives more than the quota, their surplus ballot papers are transferred to the remaining candidates.

The surplus is transferred in proportion to how many second (or lower) preferences the other candidates received in the elected candidate’s vote. If the second preference candidate on any ballot is either already elected or has been eliminated, then the third preference is used, and so on.

If a candidate is elected at the first count, then all of their votes are used to calculate the proportion of surplus that will be given to each candidate.

For example:

Candidate A receives 6000 first preference votes at the first count. The quota is 5000. A is elected with a surplus of 1000 votes.

Out of A’s 6000 total votes, 30% gave their second preference to B, and 20% gave their second preference to C.

B receives 300 votes (30% of 1000) and C receives 200 votes (20% of 1000)

Where a candidate reaches the quota after the first count, only the ballot papers that brought them over the quota are examined (the votes that were transferred from the previous count).

If 2 or more candidates are elected at the same time, then the surplus of the candidate with the largest vote is distributed first.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/elections_and_referenda/voting/proportional_representation.html#l500e1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Martin wimping out on the No SF position. Chancer! :)

I told yis they're starting to lower the ropes since early this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

SF will relish the portfolios of Health and Housing in order to fulfil their promises.

And Justice according to Mary Lou.

She all ready has the ministers picked.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I've no problem with them using hospitals, I don't see any SF been a stronger minister for health but I could see Eoin O Broin doing good work in housing.

Until we see a minister close a dozen hospitals we will know we dont have a strong minsiter for health. Until the people accept that closing a dozen hospital is required to improve the performance of the health service, no minister will try to do so.

IF.... FF and SF join up, who do you think would be good in the Brexit role? I have no idea.

As long as SF don't get near Justice, I could live with them joingin forces. Can you imagine the Cabinet meetings, skin and hair flying!

But I think it will be FF and FG + a raggle taggle. Keep it steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Boggles wrote: »

She was very fast to name names wasn't she ? Might want to stall the digger just a bit.

Until we see a minister close a dozen hospitals we will know we dont have a strong minsiter for health. Until the people accept that closing a dozen hospital is required to improve the performance of the health service, no minister will try to do so.

Which hospitals would you propose closing? Why 12 specifically? That's 25% of all hospitals under the HSE. What are you going to do with all these employees?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Micheal knows he has to take s f because he wont make it as taoiseach otherwise

Spoofer of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

That's most definitely not a no from Martin

Let the back-tracking begin

lmimmfn wrote: »
    We go again......
    theballz wrote: »
    Second general election
    Boggles wrote: »

Army Council would be thrilled for SF to get the Justice portfolio. That's what they REALLY want, forget about housing for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

IF.... FF and SF join up, who do you think would be good in the Brexit role? I have no idea.

As long as SF don't get near Justice, I could live with them joingin forces. Can you imagine the Cabinet meetings, skin and hair flying!

But I think it will be FF and FG + a raggle taggle. Keep it steady.

Well. The people want sf. We can’t pick and choose what they are “let” near. There will be consequences but that’s democracy as they say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Is f g out of the running folks as largest party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That guy on the panel said the same thing as one of the posters here while ago - Michael Martin doesn’t want to go down as the only FF leader never to be Taoiseach, hence will be willing to speak to SF

Advertisement