Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

articulate? very. But impressive?

Listening to him now understood why housing is a mess. Completely out of touch with reality like most FG hardline supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Wow, strong words from Eoghan Murphy against SF.

It's Eoghan Murphy , not known for his grasp of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

is_that_so wrote: »
    Murphy speaks well. Shouldn't have been in Housing but articulate and impressive.

And completely dead eyed and full of bluster. Definitely not someone with empathy for those who need him to do his job properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Wow, strong words from Eoghan Murphy against SF.
    That's the D4 set for ya - every spoken word and campaign idea they come out with is total incompetence
    he's a silly boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I will credit him for standing firm on the no SF policy, no backtracking anyways

Unlike the snakey Mehole Martin :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I will credit him for standing firm on the no SF policy, no backtracking anyways
    Its not a smart move to be completely ruling anything out until the seats are filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Neither have SF.

Pal, do you seriously think that these issues can be solved without screwing you for tax, because the Shinners supporters certainly won’t be asked to pay.

One way or the other, you.....will......pay

We have the 3rd highest cost per capita for health care. Of course we can solve these without screwing people for tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Its not a smart move to be completely ruling anything out until the seats are filled.

It is principled though. Not all parties can claim that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

articulate? very. But impressive?
    If you're looking at a candidate to vote for, yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,138 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Eoghan Murphy making a fool of himself here
    He always seems annoyed and a tad stuck up...as in why are you asking me this?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Eoghan Murphy is arrogant and wrong. Where is his evidence that any one holds sway over SF apart from the electorate?

Just keep the vulture finds happy i suppose Eoghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,010 ✭✭✭✭listermint

And when SF stick to not going to Westminster it's .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

We have the 3rd highest cost per capita for health care. Of course we can solve these without screwing people for tax

If the centre right parties hadn't the stomach to take on the public service unions in the health sector do you really think a left wing party will?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How can a FG person possibly be arrogant?

Its stupid, FG can about turn on their stance just for an opportunity at power.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,010 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If the centre right parties hadn't the stomach to take on the public service unions in the health sector do you really think a left wing party will?

Did the unions build the children's hospital or was it a steering group comprised of consultants ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,932 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thomas Gould SF as expected písses it in Cork North Central.

13,811 first preference votes. 10356 were needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

lmimmfn wrote: »

While I agree in principle you can't mock Martin for backtracking and then criticise Murphy for doing the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Well you could just pay off the staff and /or improve their terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

rob316 wrote: »
    He's a great young fella know him years. A dedicated public representative and undoubtedly a future SF leader.

The problem with SF for me is that while they have some very capable candidates like O'Laoighre and Eoin O'Brion, they have the likes of Dessie Ellis who was imprisoned in Portlaoise for terrorism. A man whose gang welcomed him into an election count centre by signing rebels songs. SF are moving away from their troubled past but there are too many villains still at the coalface in the party for me to trust them.

What troubles me is that some candidates will be elected on the back of the SF surge who were badly rejected at the last local election. I'd be concerned about their capabilities in office.

I'm hoping now that FF and FG get their act together and form a grand coalition. If I were a betting man I'd put money on a FF & Greens coalition with FG propping it up in a confidence and supply agreement.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Did the unions build the children's hospital or was it a steering group comprised of consultants ?

Nice whataboutery. I'm talking about reform in the health service which the unions block.

How?

While I agree in principle you can't mock Martin for backtracking and then criticise Murphy for doing the opposite
    Everyone knew Martin would backtrack, besides he's the leader Eoghan isint, I. E decision isint his to make

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Eoghan Murphy is arrogant and wrong. Where is his evidence that any one holds sway over SF apart from the electorate?

Just keep the vulture finds happy i suppose Eoghan.
    He doesn't say it's true but he believes it to be the case as I imagine do the rest of FG. It's up there with GA was not in the IRA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

Well you could just pay off the staff and /or improve their terms and conditions.

Pay them with what money? I'm all for improved services and pay for public servants. But I'd doubt the electorate will front up the extra taxation for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

bison-yes.gif

Yeh , more money from the magical money tree that SF think produces endless cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A "grand coalition" would be a great way to completly bury FF and FG after one more election.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

almostover wrote: »

I'm hoping now that FF and FG get their act together and form a grand coalition. If I were a betting man I'd put money on a FF & Greens coalition with FG propping it up in a confidence and supply agreement.

I'd actually like to see SF as the minority party in government and what they actually deliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Paul Donnelly, in the same constituency as the Taoiseach has almost 4000 surplus votes whilst leo himself has not got enough on the first count.

You couldn't make this shît up.

Advertisement