Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

almostover wrote: »
    Pay them with what money? I'm all for improved services and pay for public servants. But I'd doubt the electorate will front up the extra taxation for it!

I'll repeat the 3rd highest spending on health by GDP in the world. We can do better

Yeh , more money from the magical money tree that SF think produces endless cash.

Nope by savings and efficiency. You know those buzz words the right loves until it about improving the life of poor people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

McMurphy wrote: »
    Paul Donnelly, in the same constituency as the Taoiseach has almost 4000 surplus votes whilst leo himself has not got enough on the first count.

You couldn't make this shît up.

Joan Burton with 2000 votes, pompous idiot should have retired

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Nope by savings and efficiency. You know those buzz words the right loves until it about improving the life of poor people

everyone in liberty hall just shuddered a bit and said 'not on my watch'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

The people are dead right .. Fine Gael for too long has only looked after the rich and Dublin ... Fianna Fáil have been confused as to what their party should be ... Sinn Fein are right , our country should be united and don’t let the rich get richer on the back of the ordinary people suffering !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,138 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

How much would RTE save by ditching the Angelus? :)

I'll repeat the 3rd highest spending on health by GDP in the world. We can do better

And I'll repeat.... How? GDP isn't a great metric by the way in relation to how much Irish people are taxed. You should be using GNI*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

And I will repeat no party here has the balls to take the hard decisions to reform the system because the public service unions will be out on strike and will turn the electorate against any party that tries

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

gmisk wrote: »
    The things you feel you need to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

McMurphy wrote: »
    Paul Donnelly, in the same constituency as the Taoiseach has almost 4000 surplus votes whilst leo himself has not got enough on the first count.

You couldn't make this shît up.

Same happened in MM and Howlins constituency. All knocked into second place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

hurler32 wrote: »
    The people are dead right .. Fine Gael for too long has only looked after the rich and Dublin ... Fianna Fáil have been confused as to what their party should be ... Sinn Fein are right , our country should be united and don’t let the rich get richer on the back of the ordinary people suffering !

The only people who got more while FG were in power was the "most vulnerable"

Ask Erica and Maggie.

That's what FG done wrong, looked after wasters.

is_that_so wrote: »
    The things you feel you need to worry about!
    I am injecting a bit of humour chill out
    I pay my tv license :)

And I'll repeat.... How? GDP isn't a great metric by the way in relation to how much Irish people are taxed. You should be using GNI*

How what? Dutch style Healthcare. Tell private consultants to looks after themselves. Every other European country does this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

It is principled though. Not all parties can claim that.

A pity they werent so principled when they vowed not to put another red cent into the banks. Remember that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

Cool, so SF are going to take on the unions to get the necessary savings and efficiency in the health service?

How what? Dutch style Healthcare. Tell private consultants to looks after themselves. Every other European country does this

Dutch style healthcare is a good system. But we would need to tax higher to facilitate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

gmisk wrote: »

They'd only replace it with a ad for Dermot Bannon

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

Micheal Martin is going back on his word before the day is out. Open to talking to sinn fein now. He'd sell his family to become taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

hurler32 wrote: »
    I presume you eventually want to stop suffering and become rich!

almostover wrote: »
    Cool, so SF are going to take on the unions to get the necessary savings and efficiency in the health service?

This is rather annoying. I get taxed more than people in the private sector.

• Advertisement

And I will repeat no party here has the balls to take the hard decisions to reform the system because the public service unions will be out on strike and will turn the electorate against any party that tries

Every party has agreed to sláinte care. So I guess we'll find out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gannon's going to need a lot of help from Mary Lou's surplus to get elected in Dublin Central

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Haha@Ross

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/state-among-highest-spenders-on-health-per-person-in-oecd-1.3547256%3fmode=amp

Irish health spending per person is the 7th highest spending in the OECD. We spend plenty on health as it is. We need to spend it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

People; "Sinn Fein are not the IRA."

**SF wins lots of seats**

SF starts to sing "Come out ye Black and Tans, come out and fight me like a man
    Show your wife how you won medals down in Flanders
    Tell them how the IRA made you run like hell away"... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

The only people who got more while FG were in power was the "most vulnerable"

Ask Erica and Maggie.

That's what FG done wrong, looked after wasters.

And what are SF going to do about them? Further soften the bed for the ***** is what - stop talking out of your hole

They'd only replace it with a ad for Dermot Bannon
    Dermot Bannon would just have someone starring at a pergola and a cold glass box extension

All the Shinners with the tricolour are cringey as ****. Embarassing. Like those losers celebrating brexit day.

Dutch style healthcare is a good system. But we would need to tax higher to facilitate it.

Probably but it certainly wouldn't be 2500 per year tax increase which is what health insurance costs me to avail of our ****e health system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

SF need to steady the ship now - the extremely hard bit starts trying to hold onto what they've won.
    They need to steer carefully.
    If they don't manage to arrange a govt with any party then FF/FG or whoever can will have had the kick up their lazy holes/massive warning to turn their full attention to the housing crisis and the working people struggling with an out of control cost of living and a rental market that takes a socially damaging amount of their paychecks each month.

Advertisement