Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Sinn Féin doesn’t own that song. That song can be applied to Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil. Though I think the former would be more fond of the God saved the queen. Fine Gael had a chance of a seat here in Tipperary, they cannot fathom how sick to the stomach some of the elderly people here in Tipperary felt about commemorating the RIC/Auxiliary given what their fathers and mothers were put through in Liberty Square Thurles in retaliation. Look up the sack of Thurles and Dermot Morgan’s (Father Ted) grandfather who was on Thurles Urban District council at the time.
    The planned RIC commemoration by FG and insisting it will happen regardless of the negative publicity and what the population thought was a major own goal by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

maccored wrote: »
    let the whinging commence from the ABSF people

Have you just woke up?
    They've been whinging since 22.01 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,139 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

not once, not once at all, it says a hell of a lot when working people have literally so few options that the god damn IRA look attractive. The only thing ill give them is that they were anti-carbon tax increases which would benefit low earners but that was it.
    We haven't agreed on a lot of things seemingly on this thread but we can agree on that.
    People were desperately looking for a viable alternative to FF and FG they couldn't see any other option so went for SF. They have some very good politicians but I can't quite see past their history and links to the IRA. It's a sad state when there are zero realistic alternatives at least where I live.

I have said here a few times I couldn't vote for SF (at least not a high preference) but I seriously considered it I am from a staunch republican area of Northern ireland originally.

• Leo in denial there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mary Hanafin proving she's no longer electable yet again. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Leo in denial there

He always is tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Varadkar clearly ruling out talking with SF on RTE News.

I'm guessing he's hoping FF do a dirty with SF, FG opposition/rebuild

OR

FG/FF majority/minority coalition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

pjohnson wrote: »
    A "grand coalition" would be a great way to completly bury FF and FG after one more election.

It has great merit :
    • Politically it is a match.
    • It is the most accurate representation of the political will of the Irish.
    • Neither party has to bend on their stated no SF deal committment.
    • It keeps redundant terrorists and TDs under the influence of a foreign country out of the parliament.
    • It reduces the national embarassement and negative perception abroad of electing terrorists to government.

Its all good.

I think Leo will have to bend and let MM be Taoiseach. And he should do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,139 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Leo in denial there
    Three big parties sure we are all great...all smiles.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I'm over the moon about that.
    the neck of her

• Advertisement

How's Charlie Flannagan doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

gmisk wrote: »
    We haven't agreed on a lot of things seemingly on this thread but we can agree on that.
    People were desperately looking for a viable alternative to FF and FG they couldn't see any other option so went for SF. They have some very good politicians but I can't quite see past their history and links to the IRA. It's a sad state when there are zero realistic alternatives at least where I live.

I have said here a few times I couldn't vote for SF (at least not a high preference) but I seriously considered it I am from a staunch republican area of Northern ireland originally.

My voting scheme is always the same : vote for whoever will give me the most tax cuts , except if it comes with a strong catholic vendetta or open borders , so Renua obviously out , there was nobody offering any tax cuts, let alone me choosing who does the most. It was the only reason I gave peter casey the vote the last two goes, nobody cutting taxes, atleast he's having a go at wasteful spending on travellers.

This election nobody was calling for spending cuts, nobody for tax cuts, there was no financial sensibility in any dimension and no effort to ease the burden on working people at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

PRD/ASC. My friend.

Guess what? PRD, pension related deduction, ASC, additional superannuation contribution, are not taxes. In the private sector I have to pay into my pension also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

gmisk wrote: »
    FG constantly said about helping people who get up early to work....that definitely didn't pan out.

Yep, should have looked after the middle more. The Brexit affected budget last was a missed opportunity. Should have went ahead with plans for raising the marginal rate and maybe gave some sort of tax allowance for people paying childcare.

Personally they seemed out of touch when they were heralding the paternity leave. It's ****e, who can live on 200 odd a week when you need extra money the most. It should match your average wage like they do in most European countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

namloc1980 wrote: »

Music to my ears. I'd forgot about her. Now hopefully I will never hear her name being mentioned ever again.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Paul Donnelly, in the same constituency as the Taoiseach has almost 4000 surplus votes whilst leo himself has not got enough on the first count.

You couldn't make this shît up.

OK, its embarrasing - yet another constituency will a poor quality voting. Quite a day of shame for Ireland today and its desire to be a modern, sophisticated, mature country. You can recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Varadkar clearly ruling out talking with SF on RTE News.

I'm guessing he's hoping FF do a dirty with SF, FG opposition/rebuild

OR

FG/FF majority/minority coalition
    It really depends on the seats. A C&S is far more likely but I reckon FG would like FF to pull in some other mudguards. A FF/SF deal they will have nothing to do with.

And I will repeat no party here has the balls to take the hard decisions to reform the system because the public service unions will be out on strike and will turn the electorate against any party that tries

i.e. the Irish dont really really want a better health service. So why give out about governmnets or ministers for not changing it ? People dont want it to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

The first thing the sinners should cut is the rte license fee to a fiver. Be a nice up yours to them.

Twatter not happy with Eoghan Murphy.
    Again.

OK, its embarrasing - yet another constituency will a poor quality voting. Quite a day of shame for Ireland today and its desire to be a modern, sophisticated, mature country. You can recover.
    Everyone is wrong except you haha

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I gave peter casey the vote the last two goes,

Time to stop talking about Yellow Pack Trump.

He has proved beyond any doubt now that he is completely irrelevant.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It really depends on the seats. A C&S is far more likely but I reckon FG would like to FF to pull in some other mudguards. A FF/SF deal they will have nothing to do with.
    Yep, I just get the feeling they'd be happy enough if it was FF/SF it turned out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Zetor19 wrote: »
    The first thing the sinners should cut is the rte license fee to a fiver. Be a nice up yours to them.

Would be better if it was scrapped altogether. It's past its sell by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I didn't vote any preference for Sinn Féin and my message to you would still be 'f**k off you patronising w**kbag.'

Caitriona Perry with a lovely tribute to her friend Keelin Shanley on the news there

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Twatter not happy with Eoghan Murphy.
    Again.
    It's never happy unless it's got something to be outraged about. Is it a reaction to his reelection or his comments?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

i.e. the Irish dont really really want a better health service. So why give out about governmnets or ministers for not changing it ? People dont want it to change.

what kind of health service do you have in your country ?

Advertisement