Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

elperello wrote: »
    Change the Constitution to allow employment contracts to be set aside?

You sure?

I think you know what I mean. I'm sick of hearing government ministers saying that they can't do things because of legal reasons when the vast majority of the populace want it done. The legal profession are the next crowd that require a good shake up in this country. The Trioka said it needed to be done. Enda Kenny said he would. Another thing that FG failed to tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Farrell in Fingal looks safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

SF Minister for Health elected on first count in Dublin Fingal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

almostover wrote: »
    I pay 5% of my salary into my pension, if I didnt I'd be left with the state pension and not a penny more.

Yeh and you will be left with a pension pot far bigger than what you put in.

My company are too miserable to pay towards a pension and also I don't have the right to join a union. I'll swap you

You have the right to join a union, if you decide to or not is up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

is_that_so wrote: »
    Farrell in Fingal looks safe.

I'm surprised at that I was out last weekend having coffee in Malahide and he was having lunch and whinging about how hard the election was going

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

elperello wrote: »
    That was 2011.
    But your point is still valid.

Of course. Typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

statesaver wrote: »
    JOE LOUGHNANE SOL-PBP Galway West gets 437 votes.

For fcuk sake

437 votes for an anti-semetic drug dealing woman assaulter, I don't want to hear a word about 'how could anyone vote for the healey-rays' from the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Still wonder why Fionnán Sheehan is with that rag the Indo, money must be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,157 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

GOD getting 1500+ honestly what are people thinking.
    Will she now piss off?! I doubt it.

Alan Farrell...give me a break!

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    What percentage of your gross are pension/prd/asc?

I don't have payslip to hand but about 17-19% doing calculations in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Hurrache wrote: »
    Still wonder why Fionnán Sheehan is with that rag the Indo, money must be good.
    Hate that rag with a passion.

Unreal the surplus that SF have.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    You have the right to join a union, if you decide to or not is up to you.

No I don't. Unionised workers not allowed in the multinational company that my company contract to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Sf not running second candidates in many constituencies was a serious mistake. They won by a bloody landslide in many !!!

Major strategy fail they could potentially have been the majority party in a coalition.

Now they either have to go in to a major coalition or be the minor party propping up FF most likely

Or stay in opposition and do nothing.

437 votes for an anti-semetic drug dealing woman assaulter, I don't want to hear a word about 'how could anyone vote for the healey-rays' from the left.
    That story only broke late in the day now to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Straw man alert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Radser on RTE1. Impressively cool and in control.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'm surprised at that I was out last weekend having coffee in Malahide and he was having lunch and whinging about how hard the election was going
    They have a quota and Reilly vote will get him over the line. Probably tougher but he needs to man up!

almostover wrote: »
    I pay 5% of my salary into my pension, if I didnt I'd be left with the state pension and not a penny more.

PRD/ASC is seperate from my pension contributions. SEPERATE!

gmisk wrote: »
    GOD getting 1500+ honestly what are people thinking

Extremist politics sells to a very small minority.

Rita Harrold got 201, better than I expected but luckily a good thrashing.

• Advertisement

Ah here, don't use the Healy Rays as an example of anything;)

I don't have payslip to hand but about 17-19% doing calculations in my head.

That's a bit mental alright. Between my company and I I put 18% into my pension

Do you pay normal prsi and usc and get tax breaks on pension contributions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

And LV unequivocal about not speaking to SF. Principled.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I wouldn't defend her in any sense, in fact I condemn her all the time, but if clear ghettoisation in places like Balbriggan isn't addressed, parts of Dublin Fingal are going to have more to worry about than Gemma O'Doherty.

That story only broke late in the day now to be fair

only the woman beating part, the rest we already knew, for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Peter Casey wishes he was as good a politician as Gemma. Under 500 in Dublin and 1,100 in Donegal. :pac:

The fringe right and fringe left that the right whingers here use as examples of the "crazy left" are all getting battered.

When you champion Casey and then consider the likes of Joe Loughnane a "poster boy" for the left you are so badly out of reality its actually concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Major strategy fail they could potentially have been the majority party in a coalition.

Now they either have to go in to a major coalition or be the minor party propping up FF most likely

Or stay in opposition and do nothing.
    Especially as it was obvious in the past 6 weeks they would do very well, FFG coming out with huge election promises and the electorate going umm you've been in power for years why couldn't you do this then?
    Excuse in leaders debate was "We weren't in power, we had a confidence and supply agreement"

Radser on RTE1. Impressively cool and in control.
    Stop trying to make "Radser" happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I think you know what I mean. I'm sick of hearing government ministers saying that they can't do things because of legal reasons when the vast majority of the populace want it done. The legal profession are the next crowd that require a good shake up in this country. The Trioka said it needed to be done. Enda Kenny said he would. Another thing that FG failed to tackle.

I can only go on what you write.

You can't go changing the Constitution because you think a few DJs are overpaid.

Agree about legal profession.

• Advertisement

My company are too miserable to pay towards a pension and also I don't have the right to join a union. I'll swap you

I worked my arse off to get to where I am. I have two post-graduate masters that I did part time whilst also working full time. I also had to pay for them myself to further my career.

Advertisement