Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I think Maria Bailey had a major influence on the the FG vote and the overall general election.
    There was a rumour she would not support Harris in the Feb 5 confidence vote which forced Leo to trigger an election.
    A government will always get hammered in an election at the end of January when people are broke and fed up of winter.
    Leo wanted a May election.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,158 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

only the woman beating part, the rest we already knew, for a long time.
    I didn't tbh. But he isn't in my area

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Leo saying politicians should tell the truth. Just like he did when he claimed he'd look after people who got up early in the morning and abolish the USC. Principled my arse.

It's only SF who promise things they can't deliver though, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

Yeh and you will be left with a pension pot far bigger than what you put in.

Or nothing as was the case for many private pensions that matured during the last crash

Stheno wrote: »
    That's a bit mental alright. Between my company and I I put 18% into my pension

Do you pay normal prsi and usc and get tax breaks on pension contributions?
    I'll check when I get in tomorrow. Our pay slips are electronic. I was including USC in my calculations. It comes out of the same thing on my pay slip. I'm not sure if I get tax breaks. I presumed just because I'm working for the HSE that it would all be standardised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

gmisk wrote: »

He is bigged up to be some kind of "Galway Druglord King of the Left" but in reality he has always been lurking at the bottom of polls without being in an arsés roar of getting elected for anything. NUIG elections included.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Radser on RTE1. Impressively cool and in control.

The old FG refrain 'we need to do this and we need to do that'. Ye had 9 yrs. Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Leo so predictable.....zzzzz.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Leo making sure he has his eu badge on to impress his pals in Brussels

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I think Maria Bailey had a major influence on the the FG vote and the overall general election.
    There was a rumour she would not support Harris in the Feb 5 confidence vote which forced Leo to trigger an election.
    A government will always get hammered in an election at the end of January when people are broke and fed up of winter.
    Leo wanted a May election.

Is that the best FG HQ can come up with?
    That it's Bailey's fault?
    And nothing to do with housing, health, insurance and all the other issues which were aired on vox pop, opinion polls etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,158 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

pjohnson wrote: »
    He is bigged up to be some kind of "Galway Druglord King of the Left" but in reality he has always been lurking at the bottom of polls without being in an arsés roar of getting elected for anything. NUIG elections included.
    Ah right no idea about him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Straw man alert

Joe is known for all 3 though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not exactly the kind of candidate you'd want in a party.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/people-before-profit-suspension-964097

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'll check when I get in tomorrow. Our pay slips are electronic. I was including USC in my calculations. It comes out of the same thing on my pay slip. I'm not sure if I get tax breaks. I presumed just because I'm working for the HSE that it would all be standardised.

Ah if you are including usc I pay with my company contribution approx 22% in that case between pension and usc

One SF vote there (O Snodaigh i think) got over 2x the quota in 1st prefs. Crazy stuff. Fionnan Sheehan on RTE thinks SF may have left some 6 seats or so behind by not having a 2nd candidate in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

pjohnson wrote: »

The only candidate who can run in an SU election boasting "over 15 years of university experience"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Is that the best FG HQ can come up with?
    That it's Bailey's fault?
    And nothing to do with housing, health, insurance and all the other issues which were aired on vox pop, opinion polls etc?
    Eh that poster is no great fan of FG. You obviously never visited the Maria Bailey thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah right no idea about him

Most dont. But it seems hes been appointed the poster boy the right use to make the left look bad.

Even tho the "lefties" voting barely acknowledge his existence he is somehow the posterboy for all lefties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭tritriagain

ricero wrote: »

I'm sure that will be his next stop

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Looks like the exit poll underestimated SF vote share, which is incredible.

Also the turnout looks to be down on 2016. All the talk of queues at polling stations yesterday indicating a massive turnout was a bit premature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

blackcard wrote: »
    In 2001, Labour won 37 seats. Where are they now? I think it is now time for SF to step up to the plate and go into government. If they do well, brilliant.

The difference for the first time ever in this country, there will be no junior party.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Sf not running second candidates in many constituencies was a serious mistake. They won by a bloody landslide in many !!!

Yeah it looks that way. But I dont think anyone could have predicted they would do so well today, they were hammered in the local elections only a few months back. A second election this year would be a very dangerous prospect for FF/FG if SF were given the opportunity to run more candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ricero wrote: »

thats his pager for when they need him to do their bidding. Glows blue every time he has to ram another tax down our throats or re-run a referendum.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I’m glad he didn’t lose his seat. He is not the cause of this crisis !
    But he's fcking well annoying.

And LV unequivocal about not speaking to SF. Principled.

As if FG will have a bargaining chip to work with, now that they're established as a tainted entity. It will be at the discretion of FF or Sinn Fein. On your bike Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Listening to Leo V on RTE. He completely ruled out FG/SF.

They also said that SF have probably left 8 seats on the table by not running more candidates. (judged by quota excesses)

I can't understand why SF would even go in with FF. Just fail to form a government, run more candidates and SF will get it with the greens and maybe a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The difference for the first time ever in this country, there will be no junior party.
    FF were a single party government for most of the existence of the State right up to Reynolds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

One SF vote there (O Snodaigh i think) got over 2x the quota in 1st prefs. Crazy stuff. Fionnan Sheehan on RTE thinks SF may have left some 6 seats or so behind by not having a 2nd candidate in some areas.

Easy say that now but when you have candidates who couldnt get elected in local elections topping polls you can see why they didnt see this coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Lol great question for Eoghan Murphy, "Your own failure as housing minister"

Surely not on RTE as everyone is saying that RTE are the establishment trembling at the thoughts of FG losing support?

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything about the racist trucker Verona yet, how's she doing?
    Wexford Count 1: MYTHEN, SF 18,717* HOWLIN, LAB 9,223 BROWNE, FF 8,058 D'ARCY, FG 6,472 KEHOE, FG 6,337 BYRNE, FF 6,145 V MURPHY, IND 5,825 SHEEHAN, FF 4,366 CARTHY, IND 3,024 ROSEINGRAVE, GP 2,028 CODD, AON 1,518 MCDONALD, FF 1,351 WADDING, SOL-PBP 1,116 O'SHEA, I4C 825

Advertisement