Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

Stheno wrote: »
    Ah if you are including usc I pay with my company contribution approx 22% in that case between pension and usc

Grosss/year would be 80ishK. But net would be 44kish. That would be including pension contributions deducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

easypazz wrote: »
    Easy say that now but when you have candidates who couldnt get elected in local elections topping polls you can see why they didnt see this coming.

the shinner in kildare south isnt even at the count and has been on holiday for weeks is what im hearing, topped the poll. Even they couldnt see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

thats his pager for when they need him to do their bidding. Glows blue every time he has to ram another tax down our throats or re-run a referendum.

What additional taxes has Leo imposed? What referendum has he re-run?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Both SF candidates elected on the 1st count in Louth! Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

I'm sure that will be his next stop

On the ball there. Leo would do very well for himself in Brussels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Both SF candidates elected on the 1st count in Louth! Wow.
    That was expected.

Jan O'Sullivan looks done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Is that the best FG HQ can come up with?
    That it's Bailey's fault?
    And nothing to do with housing, health, insurance and all the other issues which were aired on vox pop, opinion polls etc?

Who are you calling FG HQ you little pup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Hurrache wrote: »
    Surely not on RTE as everyone is saying that RTE are the establishment trembling at the thoughts of FG losing support?
    Generally they are biased but he did a great job there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

One SF vote there (O Snodaigh i think) got over 2x the quota in 1st prefs. Crazy stuff. Fionnan Sheehan on RTE thinks SF may have left some 6 seats or so behind by not having a 2nd candidate in some areas.

No SF candidate in my constituency which has always been carved up between FF and FG with everyone else far behind. Given what is happening elsewhere today if SF had put someone on the ballot paper they would probably have topped the poll.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    That was expected.

Was it? Since when? All the pre election analysis had them getting the second candidate over the line in the 4th or 5th seat in a bit of a dogfight.

Yesss Ross'y me boy ughhh can't hear ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lol Shane Ross couldn’t hear Claire Byrne - she didn’t hang around waiting for him anyway

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

FF all over the shop. Thomas Byrne saying they want to lead the next govt but again ruling out a coalition with FG and won't do business with SF. Deluded.

FF have this by several percent sadly, the exit poll was a poor one and not representative of the electorate and those responsible need to look at their methodology and how they are selecting people to ask since it was lopsided and has basically shown up all those who were working on it - must do better next time.

If it was reflective you'd expect that graph to resemble more the 2016 result but it doesn't, it suggests those who were polled at the exit poll were not a proper cross section of the population and there were a far bigger share of people who voted Fine Gael in the exit poll which would suggest the FG vote is over estimated and FF and SF under estimated.

001392af-614.jpg?ratio=1.56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Shane Ross looking a little wounded.

leahyl wrote: »
    Lol Shane Ross couldn’t hear Claire Byrne - she didn’t hang around waiting for him anyway
    On now, lovely

First time I've ever agreed with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Can we give Shane Ross some consoling penalty points as he departs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

doesnt get to make motorists lives miserable anymore,

Quite literally, on your bike shane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

statesaver wrote: »
    Joe is known for all 3 though

Yeah and? No one attempted to defend him by pointing at the Healy-Raes

• Advertisement

devnull wrote: »
    FF have this by several percent sadly, the exit poll was a poor one and not representative of the electorate and those responsible need to look at their methodology and how they are selecting people to ask.

If it was reflective you'd expect that graph to resemble more the 2016 result but it doesn't, it suggests those who were polled at the exit poll were not a proper cross section of the population and there were a far bigger share of people who voted Fine Gael in the exit poll which would suggest the FG vote is over estimated and FF and SF under estimated.

001392af-614.jpg?ratio=1.56

Eh, you do realise that SF have actually outperformed the exit poll and are now the biggest party by 1st preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I think you know what I mean. I'm sick of hearing government ministers saying that they can't do things because of legal reasons when the vast majority of the populace want it done. The legal profession are the next crowd that require a good shake up in this country. The Trioka said it needed to be done. Enda Kenny said he would. Another thing that FG failed to tackle.

This. Anyway likes of Tubs are not personally contracted, their companies are so they are not entitled to the same protections as an employee anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

is_that_so wrote: »
    FF were a single party government for most of the existence of the State right up to Reynolds.
    As in coalitions.

Was it? Since when? All the pre election analysis had them getting the second candidate over the line in the 4th or 5th seat in a bit of a dogfight.
    More or less since we got last poll. Early polls did suggest a dogfight but once their support rose it was a shoe-in.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Eh, you do realise that SF have actually outperformed the exit poll and are now the biggest party by 1st preferences.

That's what I said if you read my post....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Can we give Shane Ross some consoling penalty points as he departs :D

Tbf he's taken his beating with good grace

Delighted Ross is gone. Utterly useless as Transport Minister.

• Claire Byrne and cans

A good sunday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Ross was transport minister. What did he do to progress Dublin metro ? Nothing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Newstalk will be in meltdown tomorrow, coleman in the morning and the welsh tax dodger in the afternoon.

Advertisement