Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Grim enough day here.

FG and FF have to make a deal now. Alternative option is re election and SF will run double the candidates and get a majority and run the country into the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The Green Ossian Smyth is correct.
    FF and FG changed the whole conversation in the campaign to Sinn Fein.
    It literally was all about SF the last two weeks. Nothing else got a look in.

FF and FG's attempted bad branding of SF backfired fantastically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Lowry topping the polls in Tipp. We really do get what we deserve in this country

I apologise on behalf of my fellow boggers - they know not what they do.
    is_that_so wrote: »
    Kelly in Tipp under pressure?

Hope so. I'll never forget his salivating red face when he got in by the skin of his teeth in 2016 - the face of a man who'd just been given the keys to the kingdom, public representation the furthest thing from his mind.

Surprised there was only one SF candidate in Tipp, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

leahyl wrote: »
    What is it with Michael Lowry? What am I missing?

Butter wouldn’t melt, seriously nice bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

gmisk wrote: »
    He is very knowledgeable he seems to have been a bit screwed over by the electoral boundary changes?
    He said as much earlier in the day and was very matter of fact about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gone very under the radar today with the Sinn Fein surge but the greens and climate activists must be very dissapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Grim enough day here.

FG and FF have to make a deal now. Alternative option is re election and SF will run double the candidates and get a majority and run the country into the ground
    Its a fantastic day, FFG can go shove their arrogance up their.....

Who's the SF chap? Not exactly warm and cuddly.
    Chris Hazzard MP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭klose

I've never met anyone in tipp with anything good to say about alan Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He said as much earlier in the day and was very matter of fact about it.
    Ah ok missed that, I quite like him tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The Green Ossian Smyth is correct.
    FF and FG changed the whole conversation in the campaign to Sinn Fein.
    It literally was all about SF the last two weeks. Nothing else got a look in.

I think when people saw how badly FFG hated them, they voted for them to piss off FFG.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

devnull wrote: »
    001392af-614.jpg?ratio=1.56

FF have this by several seats sadly, the exit poll was a poor one and not representative of the electorate and those responsible need to look at their methodology and how they are selecting people to ask since it was lopsided and has basically shown up all those who were working on it - must do better next time.

If it was reflective you'd expect that graph to resemble more the 2016 result but it doesn't, it suggests those who were polled at the exit poll were not a proper cross section of the population and there were a far bigger share of people who voted Fine Gael in the exit poll which would suggest the FG vote is over estimated and FF and SF under estimated.

Those responsible for the poll appear to be trying to save face by still believing their poll rather than admit that their poll is flawed - that graphic alone shows a major failure in the exit poll getting a reliable cross section of voters that is reflective of the electorate.

Exit poll looks pretty much bang on. You'd swear they overestimated everyone by a wide margin. FF were 22.2% in the exit poll and are heading for 22.1%. FG within the margin and SF very slightly over the margin.

Add RTE and the implosion was complete. It actually galvanised people to vote for SF in droves, ordinary citizens who are fed up of being spoken down to. Good for them I say.

Many driveways freshly upgraded with tarmac? Google streetview to investigate.......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Matt Carty and Heather Humphries on first count say tallies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jan O'Sullivan looks done.

yep, only 2,700 votes, she is toast
    Kelly in Tipp under pressure?

Wondering the same, 7,800 odd but needs 13,600. Doubt he is that transfer friendly either though he did do good work on the cervical cancer scandal so might be okay

ricero wrote: »
    Gone very under the radar today with the Sinn Fein surge but the greens and climate activists must be very dissapointed
    Honestly my own feeling was the Greens did well in the last election as a protest vote, the FFG scrambled for green policies.

in this election, if he gave 1 smithwicks to 1 man with a job , he would have promised and delivered more for the working person than every other party combined.
    Is a Smithwicks over a fiver now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

Grim enough day here.

Is it not up to SF with the most votes to form a government and implemented their policies? FF are now saying that they could work with SF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

gmisk wrote: »
    Alan Kelly probably in as well zzz

He was really quiet during the campaigning I thought. Obviuosly he's going to oust howlin now. Good in itself. A pointless party at this stage. Kelly should alienate people totally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,137 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Top class local representation.

He applies businesslike organisation to politics.

Five county councilors in his team mean nothing moves that he is unaware of.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/tipperary-county-council-michael-lowry-s-team-takes-five-seats-1.3890492

Chris Hazzard MP
    He is pretty sharp...the accent might not make him seem too cuddly I guess..not a requirement tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

ricero wrote: »

I'd say wait for the transfers. SF are exceeding the quota in lots of constituencies and I think them extras will likely transfer to the Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Anyone know what's going on in Dublin Bay North, no results yet and according to Twitter some form of adjudication is going on ???

Looks like FG are quite happy to be in opposition, i. e. It's a mess now you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

elperello wrote: »
    Top class local representation.

He applies businesslike organisation to politics.

Five county councilors in his team mean nothing moves that he is unaware of.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/tipperary-county-council-michael-lowry-s-team-takes-five-seats-1.3890492

Cheers, wonder why everybody seems to give out about him so....

He was really quiet during the campaigning I thought. Obviuosly he's going to oust howlin now. Good in itself. A pointless party at this stage. Kelly should alienate people totally.
    Yep I think you are right he was bidding his time....not likeable at all...he would be a disaster as labour leader I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I'd say wait for the transfers. SF are exceeding the quota in lots of constituencies and I think them extras will likely transfer to the Greens.

I think Irish Voters are sharp enough.

Not much point me switching to an EV if a small chinese factorys emissions in one day are the eqiluivalent to one year in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

blackcard wrote: »
    Is it not up to SF with the most votes to form a government and implemented their policies? FF are now saying that they could work with SF?

It will come down to seats. In a lot of constituencies they are so far ahead on first preferences because they only ran one candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

blackcard wrote: »
    FF are now saying that they could work with SF?

Martin saying he doesn't go round ruling things in or out the day after an election. Somebody should go back to see if he took this line in 2016...

Advertisement