Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,056 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Looks like FG are quite happy to be in opposition, i. e. It's a mess now you try.
    Happy or just facing the reality ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

ricero wrote: »
    Gone very under the radar today with the Sinn Fein surge but the greens and climate activists must be very dissapointed
    If they take 10 or so seats they'll be happy. But need a new leader to expand their reach outside the cities

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Looks like FG are quite happy to be in opposition, i. e. It's a mess now you try.

Got that impression watching Leo's interview on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Lining up nicely to be a hung dail one would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I think Irish Voters are selfish enough.

Not much point me switching to an EV if a small chinese factorys emissions in one day are the eqiluivalent to one year in Ireland.

Fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,137 ✭✭✭✭elperello

gmisk wrote: »
    Yep I think you are right he was bidding his time....not likeable at all...he would be a disaster as labour leader I think

No love for him in the outgoing PP.
    Jan O'Sullivan proposed him last time and she's gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

SF topping the votes nationwide so far
    23.7%, FF second, FG third

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

At least they are not backtracking on a vehemently held stance of not going into government with SF.
    FF on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'd say wait for the transfers. SF are exceeding the quota in lots of constituencies and I think them extras will likely transfer to the Greens.
    In Dublin West a lot of them just died. Gino Kenny got very few in transfers. You'd expect that pattern to repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Grim enough day here.

FG and FF have to make a deal now. Alternative option is re election and SF will run double the candidates and get a majority and run the country into the ground

People are going way overboard on this. It would not happen. They might get more. Maybe 10. But majority is a different league altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Highly doubt SF want to be in this time around as they know the money is not there to pull off all the crap they promised.I think it was all meant to be a build up for the next one but the people now want “change”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I honestly can't understand the "shock" at how well SF have done.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Waiting for the numbers was the impression I got and will deal with things then. They only have one very clear red line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Another worldwide recession on the way. They will wait and pick up the pieces from a FF SF populist government running the economy down the ****ter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

People are going way overboard on this. It would not happen. They might get more. Maybe 10. But majority is a different league altogether.

Absolutely. Majority is out of equation. But comfortably largest party. Ffg is absolutely unacceptable given the outcome and landslide sf vote when they only ran one candidate in every constituency?

Gone very under the radar today with the Sinn Fein surge but the greens and climate activists must be very dissapointed

I’m wondering did that remark by Eamon Ryan a while back that people in rural areas could share transport as a solution to cut emissions cause a backlash? I know it went down v badly at home (Mayo). Greens remaining a party of the idealistic city dwellers for now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

I think Irish Voters are sharp enough.

Not much point me switching to an EV if a small chinese factorys emissions in one day are the eqiluivalent to one year in Ireland.

No point except for the cheaper fuel bills and cleaner air of course

Good point indeed. I was thinking they might get about another 5 than they will. But they have been swamped by the SF mania/nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,137 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I think Irish Voters are sharp enough.

Maybe a bit of exaggeration there, no?

Majority would have to be in all age groups and there is little hope they can shift the over 65s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Absolutely. Majority is out of equation. But comfortably largest party. Ffg is absolutely unacceptable given the outcome and landslide sf vote when they only ran one candidate in every constituency?

Its the only option for safe government yet almost completely ensures destruction for one of them next time round, so we get a second election or SF now or SF later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

I honestly can't understand the "shock" at how well SF have done.

Is it normal for people to be unable to get elected in a local election then to top the poll in a national election shortly after?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭threeball

I doubt they will ever have a day like this again. Reality will set in fairly quickly over the next few weeks. The reason they have got so many over the line so early is that they only have one candidate per constituency. Spit that vote and it opens a different can of worms that doesn't work out so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Jim O'Callaghan just gone up in my estimation

klose wrote: »
    I've never met anyone in tipp with anything good to say about alan Kelly

Yet oodles with goog things to say about Lowry. WTF is wrong with them down there. Lord, I despair for this country sometimes. As a free state, has it ever really gotten anything right ?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why did SF run so many single candidates with no running mates? Seems like such a wasted opportunity with all these transfer votes from the first preference winners.
    It was based on the local results of last year. They didn't see this coming, nobody did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Another worldwide recession on the way. They will wait and pick up the pieces from a FF SF populist government running the economy down the ****ter

Maybe the tax payer can benefit from a crash , in a way. They can buy it all up for afforablw housing for a pittance , instead of selling it for a pittance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why did SF run so many single candidates with no running mates? Seems like such a wasted opportunity with all these transfer votes from the first preference winners.

I'd say they didn't think they'd get so much support

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Lucinda Creighton...blast from the past! Wasn't she big pals with Leo at one stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

No point except for the cheaper fuel bills and cleaner air of course

It’s because of the greens the air is toxic due to every single car in the country being diesel

Advertisement