Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

blackcard wrote: »
    Neither of those have been in government.
    The poster asked for TDs not ministers

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Lowry topping the polls in Tipp. We really do get what we deserve in this country

Don't be surprised by that. He always gets elected down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ricero wrote: »
    Gone very under the radar today with the Sinn Fein surge but the greens and climate activists must be very dissapointed

The Greens big problem in this campaign was that they werent able to set the green agenda. They wanted to talk about climate change but instead in the debates they ended up constantly explaining about reducing the national herd and increasing carbon tax. Neither went down well with the electorate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

People want change. And if we dont get it this time and are forced to vote again, like lisbon or nice, i think most will stick to their guns this time around.

No. They will be even more galvanized against ffg. I hope at run more candidates and we have second election. Where people would be angry going out like last election to vote between those two clowns with no difference, that isn’t the case , when serious change, unbelievably, is one more vote away.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

listermint wrote: »
    I'd be hard pressed to listen you your opinion on it considering your love in for Casey. Folks your listening to would be in the absolute minority. Probably all mad for casey too

Its not an absolute love for casey, its a dislike of the people casey called out. Ive always said id like a propper candidate with experience to say the same things.

Would be from a balance of people, is it a majority - no, is it a tiny portion of people - no, but this idea that everyone just likes catherine murphy or considers her a good poilitican is nothing resembling the truth, a lot of people do, but shes not free from criticism or dislike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has it ever happened that politicians who lose their seats in a local election top the polls in such numbers ?

Nope, nothing adds up here bar a severe protest vote. SF were in the best position to take advantage having sufficient party presence whilst not having pished of the electorate before like the greens. They suddenly became the answer to all ills. No questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Hard to believe FG couldn't fix the housing problem. I can understand the health system that's always been a mess but housing. How hard can it be really?
    Has to be one of the easiest policies to loose an election over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Idbatterim wrote: »
    No. They will be even more galvanized against ffg. I hope at run more candidates and we have second election. Where people would be angry going out like last election to vote between those two clowns with no difference, that isn’t the case , when serious change, unbelievably, is one more vote away.

Exactly. Best thing SF can do is stay away. Let FFG at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its not an absolute love for casey, its a dislike of the people casey called out. Ive always said id like a propper candidate with experience to say the same things.

Would be from a balance of people, is it a majority - no, is it a tiny portion of people - no, but this idea that everyone just likes catherine murphy or considers her a good poilitican is nothing resembling the truth, a lot of people do, but shes not free from criticism or dislike.

As I said..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I think it's too close and sad as I am to say it I think another election would be better for stability, I don't mean FFG stability but if there's a coilition for parties to rethink their strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

What's up with Shane Ross's accent? Where in England is he from?

People want change. And if we dont get it this time and are forced to vote again, like lisbon or nice, i think most will stick to their guns this time around.

Maybe if we have to go again because of a hung dail. If SF go in to government I could see them dropping back down to labour levels. People want change but not sure what change they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

gmisk wrote: »
    The poster asked for TDs not ministers

The question was to name Td's who had been in government who were popular. Doherty or Murphy haven't been td's in a party that was in government

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Lowry FFS, I just can't........

becuse - he's Mike Lowery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu2gVjiE6Uw&feature=youtu.be&t=95

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

With both FF and FG ruling out SF it's incumbent on them to go in together. That would be a brilliant result for SF.

Lord Lowry of Tipperary. I've seen it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,978 ✭✭✭Big Ears

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Agreed but my own feeling is the electorate are burnt out by independents, Ross( where to start with him) , Haely Rae's and focus on local politics.
    I can see a lot of SF transfers going to independents/Green though.

Oh your most definitely right about that !
    But that's the bit that's easier to see in hindsight that the vote is done, rather than a few days ago.

The likes of Lowry/Healy Rae's might have pissed off voters in other constituencies, but still doing excellent in their own.
    The likes of Ross on the other hand while previously popular, has been shown up after a spell in government.

If anything it highlights the fact that FG suffered from not having a minority partner to sacrifice, in the way the PD's, Greens and Labour were under previous FF/FG governments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Exactly. Best thing SF can do is stay away. Let FFG at it again.

Or we’ll let Sinn Fein in to build the free houses and screw the working class even more than we are already !
    I hope ff/ fg let them at it , they’d want to make a better job than they did in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

becuse - he's Mike Lowery

Hahaha everytime I hear him mentioned I think of that film

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Its not an absolute love for casey,

Let him go lad, he is irrelevant, how many elections do you to see him destroyed in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Dub Bay North
    SF 21000
    10,000 surplus
    JAysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Hard to believe FG couldn't fix the housing problem. I can understand the health system that's always been a mess but housing. How hard can it be really?
    Has to be one of the easiest policies to loose an election over.

It's a problem all over the Western World with housing becoming unaffordable for the average worker. Hard to solve when we are so Dublincentric and all the jobs are concentrated in a small geographic area

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

blackcard wrote: »
    No. Shortfall keeps changing parties.

Labour and SocDems is hardly 'keeps changing parties'

Boggles wrote: »
    Let him go lad, he is irrelevant, how many elections do you to see him destroyed in?

im not the one who keeps bringing him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Dub Bay North
    SF 21000

JAysus

Mary Lou must feel like me when I've stuck a tenner on a horse which comes in a 16/1 and I suddenly realise I should've stuck €20 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

im not the one who keeps bringing him up.

You don't have to defend him every time someone brings him up, do you?

Let him go, no one is buying his nonsense, he is an absolute delusional cretin who thought he could be the Big Bad Orange Man of Ireland.

He is a sweaty incoherent mess who has been told several times now to Fúck Off!

Wicklow
    SF 17000+

the amount of sinn fein party members in fulltime employment has just expanded by atleast 1000%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

This is unbelievable. SF topping every poll.

Advertisement