Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hurrache wrote: »
    Smith is a horrible person, no matter her politics. She brings a toxic element into debate.

That's who I was referring to, a horrible person.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Idbatterim wrote: »

That doesn’t need to be the case and these were others are contributing a fortune to government coffers and they need to be housed somewhere. You can build high rise for all incomes like most countries do. Probably best not for social housing though in my opinion

Name a country with high rises in the centre of the capital city that has all incomes in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

SF with this much support are dangerous with regards border poll. I don't want us been dragged down by Northern Ireland.

How so? The UK Secretary of State to NI decides if/when a border poll should happen, not SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

"Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport Shane Ross has become one of the first high profile casualties of the 2020 General Election."
    https://www.rte.ie/news/election-2020/2020/0209/1114127-election-count/

Winston Churchtown is a gonner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I can't see where Sinn Fein think all this money will come from, they do realise our economy is built on sand. We have one of the most unsustainable economies in the world. Their approach should be fun to watch.

Is the Northern Bank still around or is that still invested in the provos pension pot since the GFA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

SF with this much support are dangerous with regards border poll. I don't want us been dragged down by Northern Ireland.

SF can't call a border poll. No Irish government has control over the calling of a border poll

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Mary Mitchel O'Connor still in líne to keep her seat,she never was someone who came across as sensible, putting it politely.

The highlight of her political career

Chy1t3jXAAA4knX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I can't see where Sinn Fein think all this money will come from, they do realise our economy is built on sand. We have one of the most unsustainable economies in the world. Their approach should be fun to watch.
    FFG found billions of taxpayer money for a children's hospital that keeps increasing in cost, is in the worst location and a national broadband plan which luckily DOB is involved in, I'm sure SF can't be any worse than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

threeball wrote: »
    Not governments fault. That's down to ABP which is independent. Another thing that people throw at political parties which they can do shag all about.

Wrong. This particular issue is to do with legislation and dcc who have done nothing but hold this City back , cost billions in investment and we can throw them top of the heap for responsibility for this housing crisis ! Abp are approving way higher residential buildings , beside Ronan’s sales force development , for to eoghan murphys guidelines. So higher is his fine of residential , not commercial. Lol! Irish planning

listermint wrote: »
    Name a country with high rises in the centre of the capital city that has all incomes in it.

London, Paris, Berlin, Rome...

Unless you think the poster means the one building? I don't think that's the point they were making though.

• Advertisement

I wasn’t saying all incomes in the one building, although that may exist but the Austrian model which is great , opens this state owned accommodation to all , no segregation...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Coveney ruling out Sinn Fein as well...and saying confidence and supply very unlikely.

There is gonna be another election isn't there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

When will we all have to pledge allegiance to the army council ?

Let’s say a small prayer that Mary Lou stays on the sidelines again with the excuse that FFG wouldn’t negotiate with terrorists.

Hopefully this result will put the frighteners on FFG to actually do their jobs properly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

You can be prudent and invest in the future. You can be prudent and not leave everything to the market to solve. FG didn't strike a balance

They got a good few things wrong but this country is miles from the abyss we face. The Irish electorate is all over the place in what they want. It's no wonder our politicians have no plan. Put half a plan in place and paddy fcuks you out on your ear before it can grow legs.
    I nearly hope SF get in to government as it's no more than we deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

London, Paris, Berlin, Rome...

Unless you think the poster means the one building? I don't think that's the point they were making though.

You mean the stuff built in the 60s that a load of people died in two years ago?

Try again and be serious this time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,137 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Smith is a horrible person, no matter her politics. She brings a toxic element into debate.
    That's who I was referring to, a horrible person.

Down with "horrible" people.

Only "nice" people should be allowed as TD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The highlight of her political career

Chy1t3jXAAA4knX.jpg

I think she could be in trouble there. She has a lead for the final seat of 146 and 6000 SF votes to transfer. I think Devlin may overtake her. She sounded very worried on RTÉ .

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

gmisk wrote: »
    Coveney ruling out Sinn Fein as well...

Of course he and FG will.

Michael Martin has led his party into an impossible situation. SF know it and FG know it too.

Those two will sit and let him squirm for a while and take the flak from his party internally. And you can be positive sure that is happening.

Feel it’s a bad day for Ireland but to be fair, the people have spoken. It would be a bad move for FF/FG to go in together now. The people want SF.

Might as well let them in. They won’t achieve even a quarter of the things they’re promising.

Protest votes rarely end well.

Best election ever, Ross out!!!!!

• Advertisement

Emer Currie who is the running mate for Leo isn't going to get a 1/4 quota and I think that means her expenses won't be re-imbursed.

You mean the stuff built in the 60s that a load of people died in two years ago?

Try again and be serious this time

Have you ever been outside of Ireland? Because no matter what your reply is to this question, you either haven't, are being completely disingenuous for the craic, or simply lying.

You think Grenfell is the only high-rise out of all European capitals or something?

Sometimes you just have to admit to yourself when you're wrong instead of going full idiotic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Coveney ruling out Sinn Fein as well...and saying confidence and supply very unlikely.

Maybe leaning on FF to agree to full coalition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

No. An FF/FG coalition is what both those parties are effectively saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Feel it’s a bad day for Ireland but to be fair, the people have spoken. It would be a bad move for FF/FG to go in together now. The people want SF.

Might as well let them in. They won’t achieve even a quarter of the things they’re promising.

Protest votes rarely end well.
    If they deliver a quarter of those things that would already be a massive improvement on FF and FG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

Coveney holds all the cards now. He should be the new leader within a month. Should have been the choice on day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Best election ever, Ross out!!!!!

Need Zappone and Mary Mitchell out too....pity Harris is going to make it and Sinn Fein voters shouldn't have shoved in Smith.

Coveney holds all the cards now. He should be the new leader within a month. Should have been the choice on day one.
    Doesn't look like it will be Leo anyway lol

No. An FF/FG coalition is what both those parties are effectively saying.

With varadkar gone. Another election might suit sf and Fg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

The Irish electorate is all over the place in what they want. It's no wonder our politicians have no plan.

That’s the arrogance that has the shinners at the top of the vote. It's all the electorates fault nothing to do with the actions or lack of, of ffg.

Advertisement