Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Need Zappone and Mary Mitchell out too....pity Harris is going to make it and Sinn Fein voters shouldn't have shoved in Smith.
    Zappone is screwed...Mary Mitchell in big trouble going to be close!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

When will we all have to pledge allegiance to the army council ?

Not sure about that but according to Eoghan Harris the ethnic cleansing will begin in the morning. All Shinners are to assemble in their town square at 9am to get it underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

No. An FF/FG coalition is what both those parties are effectively saying.

They shouldn't. They should let SF at it and watch them crash and burn. FG should change leader and move right.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

threeball wrote: »
    Coveney holds all the cards now. He should be the new leader within a month. Should have been the choice on day one.

Coveney would be a likable leader. He's one of the rare FFG's that isn't smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Of course he and FG will.

Michael Martin has led his party into an impossible situation. SF know it and FG know it too.

Those two will sit and let him squirm for a while and take the flak from his party internally. And you can be positive sure that is happening.

That’s the first time I’ve ever agreed with you Frankie.

FF have a crisis of identity. What are they? FG can pivot back to the centre-right, SF can do the left wing stuff, and FF???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Coveney holds all the cards now. He should be the new leader within a month. Should have been the choice on day one.

Can't see how he does?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No. An FF/FG coalition is what both those parties are effectively saying.
    They are not saying anything apart from FG not dealing with SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

https://twitter.com/NewstalkFM/status/1226465421869666304?s=20

#change

SF voters are already complaining about the behaviour of SF candidates.

They shouldn't. They should let SF at it and watch them crash and burn. FG should change leader and move right.
    They can't let them at it....they won't have the numbers even with a few other parties

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Is Paschal Donohue gone? I'm flicking in and out, can't keep up. Thanks and grateful for info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not sure about that but according to Eoghan Harris the ethnic cleansing will begin in the morning. All Shinners are to assemble in their town square at 9am to get it underway.

What will he say if his beloved Mickey Martin goes back on his word on coalition with SF? His head will probably explode before he gets the chance to say anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hurrache wrote: »
    Have you ever been outside of Ireland? Because no matter what your reply is to this question, you either haven't, are being completely disingenuous for the craic, or simply lying.

You think Grenfell is the only high-rise out of all European capitals or something?

Sometimes you just have to admit to yourself when you're wrong instead of going full idiotic

I've travelled the entire world. I'd garner I've lived and travelled to more places that you.

I won't be taking any guff from someone who thinks brid Smith is toxic.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭limnam

huh

There's nothing likable about him at all.

He;d put the country to sleep

Is Paschal Donohue gone? I'm flicking in and out, can't keep up. Thanks and grateful for info.
    Nope he is safe will get seat...just miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sounds like God isn't happy with what we've done, the thunder and lightning had started just waiting on the locusts.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    FFG found billions of taxpayer money for a children's hospital that keeps increasing in cost, is in the worst location and a national broadband plan which luckily DOB is involved in, I'm sure SF can't be any worse than that.

They didn't find billions of euros. They took it directly from the health budget. It will be a great hospital once it's up and running but the billions of euro could have been better spent on their existing hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Fg have been sent a gift if varadkar is gone and Coveney won’t be up to much either. They need to nail it with a replacement. Coveney is weak and will be LV Mark 2. Can you see him up there standing up for workers who have deserted fg ? No , me either. He will be on rte , apologizing for not delivering thousands of 4eva homes overnight for single mother Margaret, the salt of the earth dub and her two “ angles “ Chardonnay and Sauvignon blanc!

That’s the arrogance that has the shinners at the top of the vote. It's all the electorates fault nothing to do with the actions or lack of, of ffg.

Arrogance how. I'm not a member of any political party, I've voted for most of them down the years. It's an observation. Paddy is a bit thick when it comes to this stuff. We're all over the place, left one day, right the next, give us services, no give me all my tax back. You couldnt keep us happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

gmisk wrote: »
    Nope he is safe will get seat...just miserable

Ah the poor crathur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Feel it’s a bad day for Ireland but to be fair, the people have spoken. It would be a bad move for FF/FG to go in together now. The people want SF.

Might as well let them in. They won’t achieve even a quarter of the things they’re promising.

Protest votes rarely end well.

Au contraire, it is quite obvious the people want FG/FF.
    But they're too committed to looking after 'their own people' to ever water down the goodies for their side.

• Advertisement

No logic whatsoever to this claim. They seem to be doing OK, there is a drop in FPVs and as a consequence some second seats will go but not a terrible performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

That’s the first time I’ve ever agreed with you Frankie.

FF have a crisis of identity. What are they? FG can pivot back to the centre-right, SF can do the left wing stuff, and FF???

See lads if ye two can agree. Surely Martin and Mary Lou will come to a compromise. And I'd imagine.they will have a few self serving independents looing at the chance to prop them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

And if FG were a democratic party he would have the top job but the fg leadership didn't even respect the wishes of the ordinary fg members when they appointed the great leader. No wonder they are happy to shaft the rest of us.

Sounds like God isn't happy with what we've done, the thunder and lightning had started just waiting on the locusts.
    Locusts be grand, great source of protein!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

is_that_so wrote: »
    They are not saying anything apart from FG not dealing with SF.

And FF not dealing with SF. And no confidence and supply.
    So the only reasonable option left, and lets face it, its been coming for decades once the civil war generation all died off, is a proper FG FF coalition. As a prelude to a full merger when the conditions are opportune. The terrorists will have to wait out a little more, and similarly, have their true convicted murderers retire from the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

listermint wrote: »
    I've travelled the entire world. I'd garner I've lived and travelled to more places that you.

I won't be taking any guff from someone who thinks brid Smith is toxic.

Lol.
    Knowing when you're wrong, and are able to admit it, is a normal step most people take in early adulthood/late teens. You'll feel a sense of relief when you get to that point of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sinn Fein have a massive overflow in a fair few constituencies.
    Waterford and Dublin Bay North around 10,000 each I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Fg have been sent a gift if varadkar is gone and Coveney won’t be up to much either. They need to nail it with a replacement. Coveney is weak and will be LV Mark 2. Can you see him up there standing up for workers who have deserted fg ? No , me either. He will be on rte , apologizing for not delivering thousands of 4eva homes overnight for single mother Margaret, the salt of the earth dub and her two “ angles “ Chardonnay and Sauvignon blanc!

Well he certainly took the bland centrist line in the leadership election, hard for him to reinvent himself as a right-wing firebrand now...

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Au contraire, it is quite obvious the people want FG/FF.
    But they're too committed to looking after 'their own people' to ever water down the goodies for their side.
    People don't know what they want but they seem to be clear what they didn't but they could end up with that anyway!

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »

I think there's a lot more to him than Varadkar who spent more time admiring Justin Trudeau than doing what he should be doing. FG need to offer an option for the working person and self employed. If you pay the piper you should call the tune. When those people are looked after everyone's boat will rise.

Advertisement