Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Exit Poll 10 pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ShaneU wrote: »
    Michael Martin 1/5 to be back as Taoiseach

He had a poor show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    UCD seat projection
    FF 45
    SF 37
    FG 36
    L 6
    SPBP 5
    G 10
    SD 5
    Ind 16

Which basically says FF+FG+a little un.
    Greens preferably.

I am happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I understand that politics is a rough business and all that and you can agree or disagree with a political party or not. The amount of people on social media who are taking pleasure in a TD losing their seat is unfortunate. I mean the person might be the biggest ****ehawk walking gods green earth but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

With all this election coverage I can’t stand the sight of many mostly fg TDS. Please god another election and let them lose more seats. Get rid of varadkar too

• Registered Users Posts: 40,057 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Greens preferably.

I am happy with that.

Will the greens get 10 seats ? Seems a bit high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Greens preferably.

I am happy with that.

Don’t think so. FG look headed for opposition and content with that. They don’t have a mandate to govern- that’s the winning parties today responsibility now

Liking that jesters hat behind the Kerry podium. Strong message about their position as national poltical jokers in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

road_high wrote: »
    SF have a mandate to govern - while I’m sure they’d just love to play out yet another round of hurling on the ditch, they’re potentially the lead party and given a big mandate to implement that manifesto they’re elected to deliver.
    While I’m sure they love another election after opposing everything and everyone else the time has now come to govern. It’s supposed to be about the people and not how the SF can grow further.

i never said anything different.
    24.7% of voters want SF in govt, that is a fact.
    Finding partners is the rather difficult part when the other main players are flat out refusing to supply the numbers.

My views on what's good or bad for SF the party was an addendum, my own thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

Dole.

If that's the case those TDs not re-elected will vote Sinn Fein next time out too!!! United ireland here were come!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Are you claiming 25 % of the people in this country are students?
    No but that is where the social media push came from , they flooded instagram, facebook etc with "vote for change" ask them what change and they cant give you a straight answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Greens preferably.

I am happy with that.

Still can't see that happening - Confidence and supply in reverse. Doubt Leo will step down from taoiseach to tanaiste just to stop Sinn féin getting into government.

Gerry and the army council are the electoral strategists :D
    Is he subject to internment enforced by SF enforcers so that he can't get within earshot of an open microphone and do damage for the next few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Greens preferably.

I am happy with that.

Are you satisfied Martin isn't even considering the SF option?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,236 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Greens preferably.

I am happy with that.

Political suicide down the road, and FG know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

I want more money in my pocket. It's why I didn't vote Sinn Fein and don't want them in Government.

It may astonish you, and the fellah that quoted Margaret Thatcher up the thread, but not everyone in Ireland votes according to how many pennies they can squander away at the expense of other people. You and all the other fools that vote for FF & FG are dinosaurs who are on the way out.

And yes, before you ask, so very predictably, I do work.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

UCD seat projection
    FF 45
    SF 37
    FG 36
    L 6
    SPBP 5
    G 10
    SD 5
    Ind 16

SF+L+SPBP+G+SD+Ind

1 seat short of a government.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Idbatterim wrote: »
    With all this election coverage I can’t stand the sight of many mostly fg TDS. Please god another election and let them lose more seats. Get rid of varadkar too

That’s very immature. Lots of TDs I can’t stand but I have to accept that they have a democratic mandate from others. We just had an election yesterday. Why would we need another?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

UCD seat projection
    FF 45
    SF 37
    FG 36
    L 6
    SPBP 5
    G 10
    SD 5
    Ind 16

If SF beat FG seat count they get to be lead opposition no matter what. They could also go into coalition with FF and know they could demand a lot and FF know if there is another election SF improve by 5-10? TDs.

Don’t think so. FG look headed for opposition and content with that. They don’t have a mandate to govern- that’s the winning parties today responsibility now

All elected TD have a mandate to govern. Thats what their constituencies decided. After that, it which political grouping can agree and form a government. You cant exclude them or read into the result a conclusion that isnt there just becuase you would not like them to be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jos28 wrote: »
    My understanding is that ALL ballot papers are examined again.

For example:

Candidate A receives 6000 first preference votes at the first count. The quota is 5000. A is elected with a surplus of 1000 votes.

Out of A’s 6000 total votes, 30% gave their second preference to B, and 20% gave their second preference to C.

B receives 300 votes (30% of 1000) and C receives 200 votes (20% of 1000) etc

Thanks - what I thought but wasn't entirely sure.

• Advertisement

BTW, that's FF who will have the largest amount of seats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Be interesting to see when all these students do qualify into good jobs how they will feel being taxed to the hilt with SF.

If the students had real brains they would see that , but in there cotton bud , I phone little world everything should walk into them !

• Registered Users Posts: 69,236 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Is he subject to internment enforced by SF enforcers so that he can't get within earshot of an open microphone and do damage for the next few days?

He's been on RTE telly and radio. World hasn't imploded or ended. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I understand that politics is a rough business and all that and you can agree or disagree with a political party or not. The amount of people on social media who are taking pleasure in a TD losing their seat is unfortunate. I mean the person might be the biggest ****ehawk walking gods green earth but still.

No sympathy at all for most of them

They have had 4 years to do a job. They had all that time to either put pressure on their party to change policy, had the opportunity actually show their constituency that they are working for them and will walk away with a not insubstantial TD pension.

Do we get a pension or golden handshake for getting sacked from a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

Greens preferably.

I am happy with that.

Greens should stay out. The next election could be a big one for them. 5 more years of next to no climate measures and possibly as SF vote imploding.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    If SF beat FG seat count they get to be lead opposition no matter what. They could also go into coalition with FF and know they could demand a lot and FF know if there is another election SF improve by 5-10? TDs.
    And there will be no junior party this time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭blackcard

I want more money in my pocket. It's why I didn't vote Sinn Fein and don't want them in Government.

I would prefer SF to go into government now as a junior partner rather than as a senior partner ina few years. SF have been more extravagant in their promises, their plans are unsustainable and people will see them for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

But how do they decide which 2000 votes they use if they got 10000 in first count thereby elected and the said 2000 to be distributed!
    For example say 8000 was the quota and 6000 of them had a second preference ?

I always thought that they go through every paper and award a percentage
    accordingly. However, LeinsterDub points out that Irish electoral law provides, in effect, for a random selection of papers to pass to continuing
    candidates. Further preferences on these papers may affect the final outcome of the election

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1581284240821

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

It’s looking quite that they will be in some capacity so it’s probably time to discuss why they would be ‘disastrous’ maybe with some context given versus FF/FG.

I will honestly tip my hat to you if you can come up with anything other than IRA terrorism.

Well the sight of a convicted bomb-maker who was linked to making bombs that killed innocent men, women and children in the mainland UK signing rebels songs at an election centre today seems to be the start of the disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    FF gave a commitment not to have anything to do with FG.

Well if the alternative is giving SF a second election, they'll soon change their tune.

Advertisement