Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

Let’s play a game.....

Without mentioning any other party and there wrong doings. How will having SF in Government benefit Ireland?

We won't have to listen to and be lectured by, Shane Ross? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

We won't have to listen to and be lectured by, Shane Ross? :P

That’s cheating lol. I liked his accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Let’s play a game.....

Without mentioning any other party and there wrong doings. How will having SF in Government benefit Ireland?

I think it will benefit almost all of the country in every possible way.

More affordable rent/housing.

More money for public services.

Simples.

Maybe it won't benefit millionaires or corporations and I'm delighted with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

bubblypop wrote: »
    It has bounced back, full employment.
    Crime is crime, are many young people worried about it? Maybe if they didn't consume so much cocaine.....
    Health has always been an issue for whatever government has been in.
    Again, not usually something young people are overly worried about

So, what are the young people angry about?

See the post just after yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

bubblypop wrote: »

So, what are the young people angry about?

Not having a place to live / be able to buy a house.

Have you been under a rock?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Simples.

Maybe it won't benefit millionaires or corporations and I'm delighted with that.

Where is the money for those things going to come from?

That’s cheating lol. I liked his accent.

So, what did Shane Ross ever give Ireland- a west Brit accent? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Let’s play a game.....

It will benefit us because we will get to see how their fake promises can't be delivered. Hopefully before they do to much damage to the economy with their targeting of the job creators to pay for it.

The I am alright Jack mentality.

Why does this poster thing so many young people have left and continue to leave Ireland?

Out of touch that poster is under some big rock alright.

Simples.

Where do the find the money for it. I heard their manefesto will cost billions extra then we already spend?

Or am I wrong with the cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Simples.

and how can they fund that?

and if it is the rich, why would the rich stay and not move to London

and if they leave how can they make up for the budget deficit?

or should they borrow more and put it on the next generation?

or did you not think about underlying financials behind their policies but just what they said?

So, what did Shane Ross ever give Ireland- a west Brit accent? :D

He pissed off Unions which I found funny

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Sure if that's what the public wants (and by public, I mean 24% of people that were willing to take a big punt for the rest of us)

With an attitude like that we can be broke in no time. Hope we get rid of Apple and Google by the end of the year. Those fat cat companies should be run out the door.

Those bastard companies with their employment and taxes!

What we need are more people on the dole and free houses!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Where do the find the money for it. I heard their manefesto will cost billions extra then we already spend?

Or am I wrong with the cost?

Well we will be down half a billion when they get rid of property tax, so not sure how we will build any houses...I guess all those fat cat bankers will pay for it... Or something

Where do the find the money for it.

Let's assume, just for a minute, that you're a taxpayer.

And, if you are- be very very worried- because, you'll pay in bucketloads. But it's too late now.

So, start with phoning the council and tell them that you'd like a house like, what Mary Lou McDonald grew up in, round about Orwell Road, Dublin 6, just a short walk from the Luas- they'll roll the red carpet for you- guarantee it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,499 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Amazing how people are complaining about Sinn Fein and their links to terrorism etc.

How about we look at the terrorism caused by Fianna Fail in the crash. People killing themselves due to actions taken by FF.
    Rate-of-Suicide-per-10000-2005-to-2016.png

People committing suicide for whatever reason is a tragedy, for sure... though many of us have suffered tragedy, difficulties in life yet never thought suicide was a valid reaction.

Sinn Fein and their cohorts in the IRA are known to murder people over decades, politicians excused it, some have even done time for criminal acts. Themselves having fed into the narrative of terror and intimidation.

Time will tell but I can see this as a low for our country regardless as to if they can form a government.

There are plenty of houses for sale in the country. Not everyone is simply entitled to live where they want.
    You live where you can afford.

Ask Mary Lou McDonald to buy you a house on Orwell Road Dublin- that's where she came from- I'm sure she'll be able to afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

GreeBo wrote: »
    Well we will be down half a billion when they get rid of property tax, so not sure how we will build any houses...I guess all those fat cat bankers will pay for it... Or something
    Or maybe FF and FG could coalesce and keep them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

So the 500,000 young people have nowhere to live??

Wow that's some massaging figures of the 10,000 homeless we hear about.

Let's assume, just for a minute, that you're a taxpayer.

And, if you are- be very very worried- because, you'll pay in bucketloads. But it's too late now.

So, start with phoning the council and tell them that you'd like a house like, what Mary Lou McDonald grew up in, round about Orwell Road, Dublin 6, just a short walk from the Luas- they'll roll the red carpet for you- guarantee it! :p

Does it make a difference if I’m a high earner (loaded) on 40k a year?

The I am alright Jack mentality.

Why does this poster thing so many young people have left and continue to leave Ireland?

Out of touch that poster is under some big rock alright.

Young people did leave, in the recession, in huge numbers.
    The country has bounced back, there is not huge numbers of people emigrating at all now.
    This poster has perfect vision thanks. I can see exactly how things are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Amazing how people are complaining about Sinn Fein and their links to terrorism etc.

How about we look at the terrorism caused by Fianna Fail in the crash. People killing themselves due to actions taken by FF.

And then we have the Fine Gael lads, forcing a whole generation to pay extortionate rents, preventing them from creating a family or moving on with their life.

Right now I'm staring in my room at a ceiling all mouldy, because a landlord has never come to see the house or will not answer calls yet the rent increases 4% every year! The oil boiler leaking fumes for months, potentially leaking carbon monoxide.

Shameful.

It's absolutely disgraceful how selfish people are to claim people are stupid to vote SF. I've heard people say the young people are just doing it because that's what young people do. Clearly all you people complaining about SF doing well are homeowners with your perfect little corportate job and house bought at a stage where the value of the house has increased now.

Fine Gael and Fianna Fail have completely ruined the lives of a generation in the last decade.

And that generation hasn't forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

I think the demise of fine Gael and fail is purely down to the middle classes just not bothering with polictics.. my parents and their friends were all out campaigning for local candidate's when they were in their 20s/30 and in some cases still to this day.. none of their kids care about politics.. I feel like the absence of their children being as involed in polictics has led to a vaccum which has been filled by sinn Fein and others. When we were kids even mentioning sinn fein was always hushed..there was understanding that they were equated to the ira..

Everyone knows the housing situation is ****, health is **** but it's obvious none of those things are a rapid fix. Do people not think the current government would not like them to be better? Of course I want to pay less tax, I'd like a better health system, cheaper houses..the reality is if sinn Fein go into government they will compromise... Their ideas will.be costed by the civil service and they will have to play with real money instead of Monopoly money.

Things won't change at all..so what will the electorate say in 5 year's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

It's absolutely disgraceful how selfish people are to claim people are stupid to vote SF. I've heard people say the young people are just doing it because that's what young people do. Clearly all you people complaining about SF doing well are homeowners with your perfect little corportate job and house bought at a stage where the value of the house has increased now.

Fine Gael and Fianna Fail have completely ruined the lives of a generation in the last decade.

Hey and I for one never said 'don't vote Fianna Fail or Fine Gael'.

I haven't forgotten how Fianna Fail fecked up the economy, or.. everything that the following poster says
    the EU / corporatist lapdogs who despite being supposedly right wing want to tax you more and more for living in your own house that they had nothing to do with the building of in the form of property tax and broadcasting charges, mandatory private bin collection service. Who knows what other annual charges into the 100s of euros for simply existing FFG had planned to reveal to us once they obtained a fresh 5 year mandate to tear into

All that. Some people have short memories and say that you should forget what a party says or does. I don't. That's the exact reason why I think voting SF is stupid.

I4C
    Greens
    Independents
    People B4 Profit
    AAA
    Renua (yes, even Renua)
    Social Democrats
    IA

you had quite a range to pick from without having to go for the sleazy greased up provos in suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

A lot of sobbing into handkerchiefs in this thread by uncompassionate rich people, landlords, free market capitalists, and resentful slave-grubs. You gotta laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,499 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s a real shame that labour are in such disarray, the country is crying out for a competent left of center, hard working and intelligent alternative.

A lot of sobbing into handkerchiefs in this thread by uncompassionate rich people, landlords, free market capitalists, and resentful slave-grubs. You gotta laugh.

What do you need to earn to be classified as rich. I just want to see if I fit in that bracket?

• Advertisement

Yes they think people like us should not be allowed to vote.

Advertisement