Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

theballz wrote: »
    My life is amazing. I work hard and have done for years. I just don’t want my hard work to paying for welchers and people who couldn’t be arsed to make something of themselves “coz” that’s not right.

Get over yourself and learn to spell.

"Coz" isn't a mispelling you nincompoop. Now go back to your sixty hour weeks in your rented house with no family or friends, slave-bot. Sin Fein isn't to blame for your poor life choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

This sounds awesome

How would she do this though?

Also, im confused. Who is winning? Leo Varadkar and Micheal Martin both won seats but on like 5th counts were as Mary Lou won on first count. Does this mean any of them could be taoiseach? Who's in the lead and how can Mary Lou decide to form a government with other parties who arent elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

omega man wrote: »
    That’s a fairly big chip on your shoulder there, it must be a tough burden in life.
    Instead of knocking the posters success story you should look at your own shortcomings.

I'm doing grand thanks mate. I was on the dole, I went back to Uni too as a mature student and i'm in a good job.

Getting off the dole and into a good job didn't turn me into a dickhead though thankfully, so although I'm not on 130k a year I feel I've a much better life than someone on 130k who's bitter about paying a few extra bob in cash if it helps public services and gets someone a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

GreeBo wrote: »
    A few hundred?
    Erm.... Maths?

Don’t try reason with a clown mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

So 11.2bn in extra expenditure... And zero indication at all where this comes from?

This...I don't give a **** who's in government but even I know when Ive no money left I can't pay for stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Don’t try reason with a clown mate.

I guess you'd actually have to pay tax to understand it!

"Coz" isn't a mispelling you nincompoop. Now go back to your sixty hour weeks in your rented house with no family or friends, slave-bot. Sin Fein isn't to blame for your poor life choices.

“Slave-bot”
    “Nincompoop”
    “Coz”

No friends or family apparently, yet I’ve made poor life choices and still end up “rich.”

Your post summarises the state of our country and the reason a clueless party got the votes they did today.

Terrifying times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

SF are going to be building me a cheap as chips house.Hopefully in Malahide. Portmarnock or Howth. **** knows who’s gonna pay for it but who cares. Woop Woop.

This...I don't give a **** who's in government but even I know when Ive no money left I can't pay for stuff

We had no money but we found it for the banks didn't we.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Now I see how civil wars start fat cats and their supporters only support voting and elections when they maintain the status quo.

You can feel the nastiness and butt hurt on this thread.

I myself did not vote Sinn Fein but I accept the result of the election.

• Advertisement

True that lol

How would she do this though?

Also, im confused. Who is winning? Leo Varadkar and Micheal Martin both won seats but on like 5th counts were as Mary Lou won on first count. Does this mean any of them could be taoiseach? Who's in the lead and how can Mary Lou decide to form a government with other parties who arent elected?

No idea but SF seem to have politics sussed.

I'm all ears mate, can't wait for your explanation and we'll see can I understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

I'm doing grand thanks mate. I was on the dole, I went back to Uni too as a mature student and i'm in a good job.

Getting off the dole and into a good job didn't turn me into a dickhead though thankfully, so although I'm not on 130k a year I feel I've a much better life than someone on 130k who's bitter about paying a few extra bob in cash if it helps public services and gets someone a house.

Fair play to you, honestly.
    However it’s easy for you to say that about someone else’s hard earned money. Doesn’t make them a dickhead either. Just comes across as jealousy, that all.

I'm all ears mate, can't wait for your explanation and we'll see can I understand it.

It starts with paying tax. Try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Amazing how people are complaining about Sinn Fein and their links to terrorism etc.

How about we look at the terrorism caused by Fianna Fail in the crash. People killing themselves due to actions taken by FF.
    Rate-of-Suicide-per-10000-2005-to-2016.png

And then we have the Fine Gael lads, forcing a whole generation to pay extortionate rents, preventing them from creating a family or moving on with their life.

Right now I'm staring in my room at a ceiling all mouldy, because a landlord has never come to see the house or will not answer calls yet the rent increases 4% every year! The oil boiler leaking fumes for months, potentially leaking carbon monoxide.

Shameful.

It's absolutely disgraceful how selfish people are to claim people are stupid to vote SF. I've heard people say the young people are just doing it because that's what young people do. Clearly all you people complaining about SF doing well are homeowners with your perfect little corportate job and house bought at a stage where the value of the house has increased now.

Fine Gael and Fianna Fail have completely ruined the lives of a generation in the last decade.

Maybe you want the landlord to wipe your arse too. Too many people want to be provided with a good life. To you I say go and get it for yourself because no political party can/will give it to you - certainly not SF

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

For your first lesson I suggest you look at percentages and how they work.

omega man wrote: »
    Fair play to you, honestly.
    However it’s easy for you to say that about someone else’s hard earned money. Doesn’t make them a dickhead either. Just comes across as jealousy, that all.

It is jealously. These guys think they are insulting me but if anything it’s a pad on the back. Jealousy is a beautiful form of flattery.

Now I see how civil wars start fat cats and their supporters only support voting and elections when they maintain the status quo.

You can feel the nastiness and butt hurt on this thread.

I myself did not vote Sinn Fein but I accept the result of the election.

I’m delighted with the result. Most of us are in for a great time.

I don’t know what I was thinking voting for the other crowd.

It starts with paying tax. Try it.

I do and I'd be happy paying a bit more for better public services.

• Advertisement

Oh so you do public transport? Grim.

Sinn fein won't give them to you unfortunately.
    Your tax money will go to house people who don't pay taxes

It is jealously. These guys think they are insulting me but if anything it’s a pad on the back. Jealousy is a beautiful form of flattery.

Ha ha, what are talking about man -

You're the one who came on this thread whingeing about maybe having to pay some more tax on your 130k.

You're bitter mate, not me.

I'm absolutely over the moon :D

I love my country. I’ve had plenty of opportunities to leave but stayed. If things go as SF want them to then I will now certainly leave.

Thank you for the kind words.

take me with you:P

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious- I can see big corporates pulling out over the coming months if SF get into power and that's far from scaremongering- its probably fact. And then we'll know all about poverty, homelessness and unemployment.

Look, hopefully it's a huge wake-up call to FF and FG and others to get their act together - we've huge social issues that those parties haven't tackled - While Mary Lou McDonald has come from comfortable middle class on Orwell Road Dublin 6, her predecessors were very much from working class backgrounds- she's trolling the people of Ireland in her middle class background world, hoping they take the bait- and they took it.

Fool me once, shame on you- fool me twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,581 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

No idea but SF seem to have politics sussed.

Obviously not ‘sussed’ enough to run more than 42 candidates, and give themselves an actual chance of forming a government... but maybe they didn’t want to form a government, after all the answers are always easier when you're in opposition!

Oh so you do public transport? Grim.

You're definitely trolling so?

'Oh I was working class too once .. cry cry ..'

Then turn into a snob?

You're full of ****e.

Maybe you have a decent job put you were never working class or struggling.

Now you're twisting that we have a real left wing force in Ireland.

Ha ha, what are talking about man -

You're the one who came on this thread whingeing about maybe having to pay some more tax on your 130k.

You're bitter mate, not me.

I'm absolutely over the moon :D

I’m bitter that my hard work in getting to a point where I make such a salary (that will continue to rise) will be taxed to fund leeches and welchers who are not prepared to work as hard as I have.

Either way I’ll be okay and likely have a higher salary by the time it comes into affect. Doesn’t mean I am happy supporting low income earners who lack ambition.

Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Obviously not ‘sussed’ enough to run more than 42 candidates, and give themselves an actual chance of forming a government... but maybe they didn’t want to form a government, after all the answers are always easier when you're in opposition!

You hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

I love my country. I’ve had plenty of opportunities to leave but stayed. If things go as SF want them to then I will now certainly leave.

Thank you for the kind words.

I've read your posts, and fair dues to you . But looking at how you perceive your current situation, you highlight that you can't afford to buy a house and rents are exorbitant. That's coming from someone on 130k a year !!!

Now let's take that, imagine, someone earning 3.5 times the average wage cant afford to buy a house. How have we come to this, and how or who is going to fix it ? FF ? FG ? SF ?

None of them as it stands currently. SF's success will serve us all well in the long run, buy giving ffg the kick up the ass they needed. This was about ending the status quo the duopoly, this was middle Ireland saying, why can't we afford our own houses, why are we looking at co living, why are we paying and working half our lives just to pay for childcare.

Who is finally going to grow a pair and sort this out ?

I voted just 4 votes on my ballot paper, 2 of them first preference went to FG, and the other 2 to SF!!! Can you believe that ? What the actual feck!!

By the way, I hope the very first thing Mary Lou says to FF, is no coalition iwth FF while Martin is head. Get him out.

• Advertisement

take me with you:P

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious- I can see big corporates pulling out over the coming months if SF get into power and that's far from scaremongering- its probably fact. And then we'll know all about poverty, homelessness and unemployment.

Look, hopefully it's a huge wake-up call to FF and FG and others to get their act together - we've huge social issues that those parties haven't tackled - While Mary Lou McDonald has come from comfortable middle class on Orwell Road Dublin 6, her predecessors were very much from working class backgrounds- she's trolling the people of Ireland in her middle class background world, hoping they take the bait- and they took it.

Fool me once, shame on you- fool me twice...

That’s the problem.

I work in the IT world. People are absolutely deluded if they think for one second that Facebook, Google etc wouldn’t pull the plug from Ireland. They would do it in a heart beat.

That will result in massive job loss with full scale immigration in that sector.

But hey, some single jacinta on the dole in tallaght will be given a house for her 4 kids.

Advertisement