Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

theballz wrote: »
    I’m bitter that my hard work in getting to a point where I make such a salary (that will continue to rise) will be taxed to fund leeches and welchers who are not prepared to work as hard as I have.

Either way I’ll be okay and likely have a higher salary by the time it comes into affect. Doesn’t mean I am happy supporting low income earners who lack ambition.

Grow up.

502379.JPG

Man..the tone of those celebrating this kind of says it all really..It's pretty depressing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Obviously not ‘sussed’ enough to run more than 42 candidates, and give themselves an actual chance of forming a government... but maybe they didn’t want to form a government, after all the answers are always easier when you're in opposition!

That’s why I hope FF or FG don’t bail SF out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

BanditLuke wrote: »
    So that rules Labour out so.

There is talent within their ranks but Brendan Howlin as leader was a fûckup. I think he’s a decent enough guy, good politician but hmmmmm no real charisma, no leadership, not a personality you’d buy into, you just can’t see him leading the country. 57/160 seats filled, not a single one has gone to labour.

29 confirmed for SF, 29 for all the others.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

That’s the problem.

I work in the IT world. People are absolutely deluded if they think for one second that Facebook, Google etc wouldn’t pull the plug from Ireland. They would do it in a heart beat.

That will result in massive job loss with full scale immigration in that sector.

But hey, some single jacinta on the dole in tallaght will be given a house for her 4 kids.

The clare people are after electing one of them for Sinn Fein - 5 kids no job doesn’t pay the landlord sued county council! Omg my livelihood and my kids depending on this !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

That’s the problem.

I work in the IT world. People are absolutely deluded if they think for one second that Facebook, Google etc wouldn’t pull the plug from Ireland. They would do it in a heart beat.

That will result in massive job loss with full scale immigration in that sector.

But hey, some single jacinta on the dole in tallaght will be given a house for her 4 kids.

Jesus I'd hate to have your outlook on life.

The clare people are after electing one of them for Sinn Fein - 5 kids no job doesn’t pay the landlord sued county council! Omg my livelihood and my kids depending on this !

Jesus Christ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Oh so you do public transport? Grim.

You genuinely come across as an unrelatable and insufferable character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Jesus I'd hate to have your outlook on life.

You wouldn’t be trying to sponge off people like me if you did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

A lot of sobbing into handkerchiefs in this thread by uncompassionate rich people, landlords, free market capitalists, and resentful slave-grubs. You gotta laugh.

Throw in the scapegoating of a certain section of society and that would sound 100% authoritarian, particularly when referring to 76% of the electorate.

You wouldn’t be trying to sponge off people like me if you did.

Worked all my life since i left school. Is that all you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭con747

I’m bitter that my hard work in getting to a point where I make such a salary (that will continue to rise) will be taxed to fund leeches and welchers who are not prepared to work as hard as I have.

Either way I’ll be okay and likely have a higher salary by the time it comes into affect. Doesn’t mean I am happy supporting low income earners who lack ambition.

Grow up.

You get up early to i suppose, you hard worker. Keep blowing that trumpet.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Brilliant, soon to be an AH legend, too perfect. :D

Worked all my life since i left school. Is that all you have?

Well you seem incredibly bothered (jealous) by My income and seem to insinuate that I am greedy for not being prepared to pay a “few hundred extra” in tax.

I suggest you go back to school, educate yourself and maybe you won’t be so bitter with your hands out.

con747 wrote: »

I don't get up early but I work. Guess I'm a sponger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Well you seem incredibly bothered (jealous) by My income and seem to insinuate that I am greedy for not being prepared to pay a “few hundred extra” in tax.

I suggest you go back to school, educate yourself and maybe you won’t be so bitter with your hands out.

Nobody's jealous of your income. Get over yourself. Nobody cares

Lol never said a word about your income.

Actually I've just realized you are on a wind up, carry on.

Bye

If you need to brag about it..........

Nobody's jealous of your income. Get over yourself. Nobody cares

you definitely care.

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ..

Wish it was Jesus Christ can hardly save us now , few fine politicians gone even if u weren’t gone on them !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

you definitely care.

Yeah won't be able to sleep tonight with the jealousy. Oh jesus i also have to get a train in the morning. The horror

• Registered Users Posts: 19,635 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I may have this incorrect, but I've just done a bit if googling re: GDP per capita.

It appears to be way higher in the Republic than it is in Northern Ireland (where, incidentally SF are actually in power).

Just got me thinking, if Sinn Fein did achieve their ultimate goal of a unified Ireland, how would they balance this? And would all the people who are so happy they've given their vote to a promise of loads more public spending (ha!), be happy for a hugely disproportionate amount of that public spending to go over the border?

Wish it was Jesus Christ can hardly save us now , few fine politicians gone even if u weren’t gone on them !

Yeah..the whole swing-gate seems mild in comparison..

con747 wrote: »

As a self-confessed SF voter, what time do you get up to draw your benefits? :pac::pac::pac:

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I may have this incorrect, but I've just done a bit if googling re: GDP per capita.

It appears to be way higher in the Republic than it is in Northern Ireland (where, incidentally SF are actually in power).

Just got me thinking, if Sinn Fein did achieve their ultimate goal of a unified Ireland, how would they balance this? And would all the people who are so happy they've given their vote to a promise of loads more public spending (ha!), be happy for a hugely disproportionate amount of that public spending to go over the border?

Sure a couple of the "high" earners posting here could cover that.

Obviously not ‘sussed’ enough to run more than 42 candidates, and give themselves an actual chance of forming a government... but maybe they didn’t want to form a government, after all the answers are always easier when you're in opposition!

That’s a good point, if SF were ‘having’ to be in power, ended up having to cow tow to their terrorist mates, which they would or will certainly, they could become unelectable here for decades... if they did end up in government every single move will be scrutinized, they can’t fûck up...you know they would though... they have not the experience or self discipline or the ability to say no to a certain army council.

Yeah..the whole swing-gate seems mild in comparison..

I’m afraid swing gate put the ball in motion , she has a lot to answer for !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

swarlb wrote: »
    Sinn Fein or the IRA DO think they have ownership of our history....
    I read a post here on a thread about the rugby match yesterday...
    The poster referred to another poster as part of the D4/Tan/WestBrit elite....
    ...over a feckin' rugby match ??? I can certainly guess who he voted for.

I've no problem with people voting for individuals who can do some good within the community, but to blanket vote for a party, simply as a protest against everything else is a waste of a vote.

Regardless, lets see how it plays out...
    If they do get in, and Mary Lou is in line to present a bowl of shamrock to Trump... maybe they will
    Build tens of thousands of affordable houses...
    Cut and keep rents to an affordable level....
    Build the Childrens Hospital on time, and within budget...
    Cut trolley waiting lists to Zero...
    Provide a decent public transport system....for ALL the country...
    etc...etc...etc...

You assume it's a protest vote.
    TBF we could say the same for anyone who didn't vote FG.
    So anytime I meet an arrogant blow hard I can assume I know who he voted for?
    They would need try very hard to undo the damage FG have done in housing and likely the NCH is on track at this stage, I mean its had a blank cheque up to now.

• Advertisement

As a self-confessed SF voter, what time do you get up to draw your benefits? :pac::pac::pac:

I rise at the stroke of noon and have my brunch before my afternoon nap.

Advertisement