Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I may have this incorrect, but I've just done a bit if googling re: GDP per capita.

It appears to be way higher in the Republic than it is in Northern Ireland (where, incidentally SF are actually in power).

Just got me thinking, if Sinn Fein did achieve their ultimate goal of a unified Ireland, how would they balance this? And would all the people who are so happy they've given their vote to a promise of loads more public spending (ha!), be happy for a hugely disproportionate amount of that public spending to go over the border?

NI have a disproportionate public sector workforce, propped up majorly by...the UK Government - the prostitute Assembly Members only went back into power recently because of the threat that their UK pimps would withdraw funding - both DUP and SF - you couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

This is a dark day for this country.

A bunch of greedy idiots voted for a party of economically illiterate terrorist sympathisers because living in one of the most prosperous countries in the world apperently isn't enough for them so they want more free **** paid for with someone elses money.

A nation of cretins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

con747 wrote: »
    I rise at the stroke of noon and have my brunch before my afternoon nap.

Ur dead right , u didn’t make the rules u only abide by them -fair play to u !
    Ur clever than whole lot put together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Strumms wrote: »
    That’s a good point, if SF were ‘having’ to be in power, ended up having to cow tow to their terrorist mates, which they would or will certainly, they could become unelectable here for decades... if they did end up in government every single move will be scrutinized, they can’t fûck up...you know they would though... they have not the experience or self discipline or the ability to say no to a certain army council.

Dissidents are a worry. The IRA signed up to a peace agreement. Also...you ready....if there was an IRA and if SF are in.....they wouldn't be terrorists ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

I may have this incorrect, but I've just done a bit if googling re: GDP per capita.

It appears to be way higher in the Republic than it is in Northern Ireland (where, incidentally SF are actually in power).

Just got me thinking, if Sinn Fein did achieve their ultimate goal of a unified Ireland, how would they balance this?

The fact that Sinn Fein haven't a breeze how they'll do this probably means nobody here will either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Just goes to show how civic minded and noble in spirit all the Fianna Fail/Fianna Gail voters are when their go-to insult is to accuse anyone that disagrees with them of being secretly unemployed. Absolutely vile.

I rise at the stroke of noon and have my brunch before my afternoon nap.

why are you dragging "theballz" down with their honest posting?

What do you fear from someone like "theballz" and other's like them? People who can withdraw their valuable services from Ireland, in an instant - their tax, their PRSI contributions, their knowledge- and transport it into a totally different economy over night- think about that for a second, as you scratch your nether-regions and reach for your remote control to watch daytime TV.

Because if enough "thebaliz" leave Ireland, you won't have a tin can to piss in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bill 2.0 wrote: »

A bunch of greedy idiots voted for a party of economically illiterate terrorist sympathisers because living in one of the most prosperous countries in the world apperently isn't enough for them so they want more free **** paid for with someone elses money.

A nation of cretins.

A Fine Gael man? The bluster and condescension is a give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dissidents are a worry. The IRA signed up to a peace agreement. Also...you ready....if there was an IRA and if SF are in.....they wouldn't be terrorists ;)

How much support would SF give to the Gardai, Army and the courts against dissidents ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

A nation of cretins.
    Bye bye Regina.

Waves hands!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Just goes to show how civic minded and noble in spirit all the Fianna Fail/Fianna Gail voters are when their go-to insult is to accuse anyone that disagrees with them of being secretly unemployed. Absolutely vile.

Yep. It's really stupid just to dismiss people like that. I don't like SF at all but you would be very stupid as a political party to ignore the issues which have meant this popularity.

Also the unemployment rate is 5 per cent yet SF got about 24 percent of the vote. Obviously not all Marget cashes looking for free houses.

Terrorists don't know how to run a country.

You can't rob banks, run protection rackets or launder diesel to plug up the budget deficit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭con747

What do you fear from someone like "theballz" and other's like them? People who can withdraw their valuable services from Ireland, in an instant - their tax, their PRSI contributions, their knowledge- and transport it into a totally different economy over night- think about that for a second, as you scratch your nether-regions and reach for your remote control to watch daytime TV.

Because if enough "thebaliz" leave Ireland, you won't have a tin can to piss in.

And who the hell are you to say I watch daytime tv all day? You have no idea how much I contribute to the tax base of this corrupt country to see it constantly wasted.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

A Fine Gael man? The bluster and condescension is a give away.

Well ur not a Sinn Fein man , there’s a lot of long words in that sentence for a shinner to take in ! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Yeah it’s a bit odd , aren’t they continually banging on about “ full employment “?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

A nation of cretins.

/end thread

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Yeah it’s a bit odd , aren’t they continually banging on about “ full employment “?!

Full employement in this country takes into account the 4-ish% of gougers in the "workforce" that will never hold down a job other than whatever petty crime they are involved in.

And who the hell are you to say I watch daytime tv all day? You have no idea how much I contribute to the tax base of this corrupt country to see it constantly wasted.

three fiddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Mary Lou looked radiant tonight on tv

Full employement in this country takes into account the 4-ish% of gougers in the "workforce" that will never hold down a job other than whatever petty crime they are involved in.

And what about the % of disabled people or mentally ill who are unable to be employed?

• Advertisement

Because he needs people like me to fund his public housing and to get him an extra 10er on his dole.

theballz wrote: »
    Because he needs people like me to fund his public housing and to get him an extra 10er on his dole.

I most likely walked over people like you getting were I am I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Masteryos

A nation of cretins.

You might want to cut down on the salt there, it ain't good for your health.

the top 5% of earners pay twice as much tax as the sum total of the bottom 75% of earners

not sure how SF intend to squeeze much more out of that lemon.

And what about the % of disabled people or mentally ill who are unable to be employed?

They aren't counted in the unemployment figures. Everyone knows this.

Most people with disabilities can be and do be employed, in my experience- "unable" is limited to a very few, taking overall stats into consideration.

I think you're now disrespecting people with disabilities, but that doesn't really surprise me, coming from a day-time TV aficionado.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I know people i work with who voted SF. My sister is an engineer and voted SF. My da i also suspect, he's on a giant pension.

It's not just dole heads. Or they only would have five or six per cent.

Maths not a strong point. I think

You probably tried to take my wallet whilst you were at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Hardly our biggest and brightest if his intellectual contribution to this thread is anything to go by.

• Advertisement

They aren't counted in the unemployment figures. Everyone knows this.

Don’t try reason with uneducated people. They have no idea what they are talking about

Advertisement