Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

glasso wrote: »
    the top 5% of earners pay twice as much tax as the sum total of the bottom 75% of earners

not sure how SF intend to squeeze much more out of that lemon.

These people are also the most likely to leave the country to avail of more favourable tax regimes in other jurisdictions.

These SF morons don't understand any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

SF 29

Others 33

Hitchens wrote: »
    Mary Lou looked radiant tonight on tv

She'd make a lovely "Miss Orwell Road"

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    This is a dark day for this country.

A bunch of greedy idiots voted for a party of economically illiterate terrorist sympathisers because living in one of the most prosperous countries in the world apperently isn't enough for them so they want more free **** paid for with someone elses money.

A nation of cretins.

Yes, because someone who's paying €2000 a month between rent/mortgage and childcare so they can commute to Dublin for hours a day for work with no end and no improvement to their lot in sight, is a greedy, leeching, generational Social Welfare alchholic idiot who just wants some of Sinn Fein's magic money tree so they can buy more Jack Daniels with it.

It is exactly this kind of attitude that has led to people voting for Sinn Fein in droves, despite all the things the Provos and dissident Republicans, that can't be fully decoupled from Sinn Fein, have done. And as long as enough of you think like this, enough you cannot see the inequality in this country and think that everyone has it fine just because you do, nothing will change with the establishment parties. And FG/FF will continue to fall down the drain until they have to pack in the Civil War politics and become the one party in the hope of clinging onto power for another couple of decades.

And you're too stupid to see it, so you're just going to blame everyone who voted for the bad Republican monsters who hide under your bed with their Semtex, Armalites and backwards economic policies instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭con747

Most people with disabilities can be and do be employed, in my experience- "unable" is limited to a very few, taking overall stats into consideration.

I think you're now disrespecting people with disabilities, but that doesn't really surprise me, coming from a day-time TV aficionado.

Amazing how a certain number of posters here assume anyone who does not agree with their ideology of politics and the fact they do not vote for the same two parties is branded unemployed and lazy and watches daytime tv. I have better things to do than suffer this biased sh-te.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

RonanG86 wrote: »
    Yes, because someone who's paying €2000 a month between rent/mortgage and childcare so they can commute to Dublin for hours a day for work with no end and no improvement to their lot sight, is a greedy, leeching, generational Social Welfare alchoholic idiot who wants some of Sinn Fein's magic money tree.

It is exactly this kind of attitude that has led to people voting for Sinn Fein in droves, despite all the things the Provos and dissident Republicans, that can't be fully decoupled from Sinn Fein, have done. And as long as enough of you think like this, enough you cannot see the inequality in this country and think that everyone has it fine just because you do, nothing will change with the establishment parties. And FG/FF will continue to fall down the drain until they have to pack in the Civil War politics and become the one party in the hope of clinging onto power for another couple of decades.

And you're too stupid to see it, so you're just going to blame everyone who voted for the bad Republican monsters who hide under your bed with their Semtex, Armalites and backwards economic policies instead.

2 questions:
    1. Why have kids if you can’t afford childcare?
    2. Why work in Dublin if you have to commute for hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

A bunch of greedy idiots voted for a party of economically illiterate terrorist sympathisers because living in one of the most prosperous countries in the world apperently isn't enough for them so they want more free **** paid for with someone elses money.

A nation of cretins.

Get a grip of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

What is it with the west Brit contingent here that they spout the unionist narrative on the Northern Troubles. There’s lots of dead on both sides. Lots of civilians. Lots of children. I lived through them. I voted SF number 1. The Troubles are over. The Brits who murdered their way through Ireland and their unionist lackeys are getting on with their political lives. It’s 23 years since the GFA. People need to move on. The people have spoken. And the people are the only ones to listen to.

con747 wrote: »
    Amazing how a certain number of posters here assume anyone who does not agree with their ideology of politics and the fact they do not vote for the same two parties is branded unemployed and lazy and watches daytime tv. I have better things to do than suffer this biased sh-te.

Eh sorry now, but SF didn't post the babble that i quoted- you did- so stop blaming SF for your posts. Whatever horrors are about to unfold, thank goodness we don't have to take into account your posts.

Yes, because someone who's paying €2000 a month between rent/mortgage and childcare so they can commute to Dublin for hours a day for work with no end and no improvement to their lot in sight, is a greedy, leeching, generational Social Welfare alchoholic idiot who wants some of Sinn Fein's magic money tree.

Gotcha. They want to keep more of their high wages for fun stuff while "someone else" pays for all the boring cost-of-living stuff that comes with living in a powerhouse economy so they voted for the party that understands economics about as poorly as they do themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    What is it with the west Brit contingent here that they spout the unionist narrative on the Northern Troubles. There’s lots of dead on both sides. Lots of civilians. Lots of children. I lived through them. I voted SF number 1. The Troubles are over. The Brits who murdered their way through Ireland and their unionist lackeys are getting on with their political lives. It’s 23 years since the GFA. People need to move on. The people have spoken. And the people are the only ones to listen to.

It doesn't suit their agenda to be impartial.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

A nation of cretins.

You can always leave.just like we had to when your party of choice drove the economy off the cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

A nation of cretins.

You can always leave.just like we had to when your party of choice drove the economy off the cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Strumms wrote: »
    There is talent within their ranks but Brendan Howlin as leader was a fûckup. I think he’s a decent enough guy, good politician but hmmmmm no real charisma, no leadership, not a personality you’d buy into, you just can’t see him leading the country. 57/160 seats filled, not a single one has gone to labour.

Brendan Howlin and labour are the party of the public sector. He and labour blew it as far as i am concerned when he was out in charge of public sector reform.

theballz wrote: »
    2 questions:
    1. Why have kids if you can’t afford childcare?
    2. Why work in Dublin if you have to commute for hours?

And here's more of it. "Look at me! I'm so clever, I have simplistic solutions for everyone."

Maybe the only jobs in your sector that your qualified for and actually want to do, are in Dublin. Maybe you're in your 30s and have been putting up with this crap for the best part of a decade and your options are coalescing to "have kids and be crippled with childcare costs" or "don't have kids, ever".

Or are we going to suggest that our wonderful economically prosperous country with full employment should simultaneously be a dystopia where if you want to have kids you need to live an ultra frugal lifestyle out the arsehole of the rural Ireland so your housing costs are cheap and hope the local Centra can provide you with enough hours to stop you from getting cabin fever?

Btw, none of this applies to me, personally. I don't have kids. I don't live or work near Dublin and my mortgage is about €600 a month. But just because I'm fine, doesn't mean everyone else is.

These are real problems, and dismissing all Sinn Fein voters are greedy freeloaders who want the government to provide everything for them and tax anyone who ever did a day's work out of existence to pay for it, is completely delusional. You might as well believe in leprechauns.

Oh just in case anyone's interested, I voted for Labour personally. But I understand a vote for SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Gotcha They want to keep more of their high wages for fun stuff while "someone else" pays for all the boring cost-of-living stuff that comes with living in a powerhouse economy so they voted for the party that understands economics about as poorly as they do themselves.

You "bold" one word and consider it a "Gotcha" moment?

I'm honestly embarrassed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Strumms wrote: »
    How much support would SF give to the Gardai, Army and the courts against dissidents ?
    I sometimes wonder how long it took before FG/Cumann na nGaedheal stopped throwing stuff like this at FF. Was it before or after they interned and executed Republicans in the 40s some twenty years after the Civil War?

SF recognised the legitimacy of Leinster House in 1986. They signed up to the GFA in 1998 with subsequent decommissioning and endorsing of policing. They are part of the government of the North on behalf of Westminster. They regularly meet British royals and lay wreaths to British soldiers. Just last week they were helping recruit for the PSNI/RUC. They regularly call on people to give information to the police with regards to Republican/dissident related activity.

So, considering that we are over 30 years since they accepted the legitimacy of the state and over 20 since they accepted British rule in the North, what further action will they have to take before FG and FF will accept them?

KWAG2019 wrote: »

I've been here for the last hour and have only seen people criticising SF economic policies- but if it suits YOUR agenda, why not spout absolute rubbish and fake news.

Me, I think SF will bankrupt the country- and the fact that they never showed on their website throughout the election, nor still show on their website, how they are going to fund all of their election promises, means they're a pack of idiots who shouldn't be put in charge of the Republic of Ireland.

Nothing about murders, rapists, drug running, drugs, cigarette and fuel smuggling etc etc- sorry to disappoint you :(

I did point out that Mary Lou McDonald is from off Orwell road, Dublin 6, one of the most exclusive addresses in Ireland- and that she's essentially trolling the most vulnerable people in Ireland to vote for total and utter economic destruction.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your little rant ;)

Link below in the likely even you never even visited the site before voting::)

https://www.sinnfein.ie

You "bold" one word and consider it a "Gotcha" moment?

I'm honestly embarrassed for you.

I didn't bold any words. This is bolding.

Try to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

I posit;

Let SF have power, let them at it.

Lets see how well they do in the real World.

I have the emergency number of the IMF right here just in case.

I don't want them in opposition where they can preen their unsullied feathers for another 5 years. Lets bring them into the light.

Maybe their electorate might learn a few things about the reality of being a small country in a *massive* global Economy. I won't hold my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

And here's more of it. "Look at me! I'm so clever, I have simplistic solutions for everyone."

Maybe the only jobs in your sector that your qualified for and actually want to do, are in Dublin. Maybe you're in your 30s and have been putting up with this crap for the best part of a decade and your options are coalescing to "have kids and be crippled with childcare costs" or "don't have kids, ever".

Or are we going to suggest that our wonderful economically prosperous country with full employment should simultaneously be a dystopia where if you want to have kids you need to live an ultra frugal lifestyle out the arsehole of the rural Ireland so your housing costs are cheap and hope the local Centra can provide you with enough hours to stop you from getting cabin fever?

Btw, none of this applies to me, personally. I don't have kids. I don't live or work near Dublin and my mortgage is about €600 a month. But just because I'm fine, doesn't mean everyone else is.

These are real problems, and dismissing all Sinn Fein voters are greedy freeloaders who want the government to provide everything for them and tax anyone who ever did a day's work out of existence to pay for it, is completely delusional. You might as well believe in leprechauns.

Oh just in case anyone's interested, I voted for Labour personally. But I understand a vote for SF.

€600 a month mortgage? Yet you still feel the need to freeload of higher earners?

And people called me greedy looooool

Gotcha. They want to keep more of their high wages for fun stuff while "someone else" pays for all the boring cost-of-living stuff that comes with living in a powerhouse economy so they voted for the party that understands economics about as poorly as they do themselves.

Yes, because it's completely acceptable that everyone should be prepared to live on bread and margarine as long as they have a roof over their head. After all, having a place to live is clearly the be all and end all of your quality of life, isn't it?

And anyone who thinks otherwise is a nutcase lefty who wants everything for nothing so they can spend all their money on avacado toast.

Strawman it more mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    I posit;

Let SF have power, let them at it.

Lets see how well they do in the real World.

I have the emergency number of the IMF right here just in case.

I don't want them in opposition where they can preen their unsullied feathers for another 5 years. Lets bring them into the light.

Maybe their electorate might learn a few things about the reality of being a small country in a *massive* global Economy. I won't hold my breath.

I'm happy to let them at it.

theballz wrote: »
    €600 a month mortgage? Yet you still feel the need to freeload of higher earners?

Been full time employed without a break since I was 21. Try again.

I'll assume the rest of my post to be beyond the limitations of your simple mind.

Yes, because it's completely acceptable that everyone should be prepared to live on bread and margarine as long as they have a roof over their head. After all, having a place to live is clearly the be all and end all of your quality of life, isn't it?

And anyone who thinks otherwise is a nutcase lefty who wants everything for nothing so they can spend all their money on avacado toast.

Strawman it more mate.

"Everyone" isn't living like this. Stop this dishonest nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I didn't bold any words. This is bolding.

Try to keep up.

Congrats;)

Another "gotcha" poster :pac:

"Everyone" isn't living like this. Stop this dishonest nonsense.

And everyone who voted for Sinn Fein isn't a freeloading cretin who wants everything for nothing, but you seem to have no problem operating on that assumption. Or am I meant to understand something else by the term 'nation of cretins'?

My point is that there are serious social problems in Ireland that successive Fine Gael and Fianna Fail governments, often propped up by Labour, have created, and that has led to today's result. Not 30% of the voting public waking up on Saturday morning and deciding they want loads of nice things paid for by anyone but themselves, as you appear to believe.

I'm well aware you're unwilling or unable to see that, but I'll make the point anyway.

So why did people vote for a posh, privately educated Dublin 6 Orwell Road middle class woman, trolling the poor of Irish society, who was a former failed member of Fianna Fáil?

https://www.independent.ie/life/mary-lou-the-sinn-feiner-whos-really-a-me-feiner-35280172.html

And everyone who voted for Sinn Fein isn't a freeloading cretin who wants everything for nothing, but you seem to have no problem operating on that assumption. Or am I meant to understand something else by the term 'nation of cretins'?

My point is that there are serious social problems in Ireland that successive Fine Gael and Fianna Fail governments, often propped up by Labour, have created, and that has led to today's result. Not 30% of the voting public waking up on Saturday morning and deciding they want loads of nice things paid for by anyone but themselves, as you appear to believe.

I'm well aware you're unwilling or unable to see that, but I'll make the point anyway.

Hmmmm, why would people with plenty of money vote for the party that is promising them that they can have even more because "de rich" (not them though) will pay for everything?

**** the more realistic alternatives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

And everyone who voted for Sinn Fein isn't a freeloading cretin who wants everything for nothing,

If you have money and you voted for SF, you probably didn’t read their manifesto, your money is there money.

Advertisement