Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

endainoz wrote: »
    It could have been easier for SF to go and attack FFs or FGs dodgy history but they didn't and it was the smart move.

What? SF attacked FF & FG 'history' the last few months and it seems to have worked.

B0jangles wrote: »
    Why are so many people finding it impossible to ever manage to buy a house? To afford childcare? To access healthcare?

These are people with solid careers, good professional qualifications, these are hardworking families with two incomes - but yeah; it's so much easier to handwave all these people as lifelong dolers looking for a free 'foreva home'.

Buying a house is tough but far from impossible. I bought a house in Navan for 260000. With HTB, that’s a 13000 deposit. It’s not impossible for a couple to save 13k. 500pm for 2 years. Less if you save over 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,053 ✭✭✭endainoz

Foxtrol wrote: »
    What? SF attacked FF & FG 'history' the last few months and it seems to have worked.

History in government yeah, like they were supposed to, it was an election. The other history was ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

bubblypop wrote: »
    newly appointed TD in Wexford shouting 'up the ra' in his celebration speech

classy. this is actually what people have voted for

Did the elected TD actually shout that or was it his supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Foxtrol wrote: »
    DUP walked away from the deal and SF refused to renegotiate.

When?

Did the SoS calling out the DUP as the obstacle to a deal pass you by?
    If FG and the EU had the same response to Britain walking away from agreements multiple times there'd have been a crash out Brexit.

FG NEVER at any stage were involved in talks as the FG party. Negotiations were always handled by the EU.

Deal in facts please.

What did they achieve during 2 years sitting on their arses because they were acting like children and wouldn't renegotiate?

So now being continuously returned by an electorate is a reward for doing a good job?
    It's a darn sight more than FG have managed to do is it not?
    I presume you also feel FFFG being the largest parties in the state for decades was due to them being 'rewarded' for their performance, rather than any other factors :rolleyes:

Ask yourself what happened when anyone got a mandate to go into government here. Or ask the Greens or Labour.

The reason you guys are losing your **** is because you know you are no longer dealing with a party that is only interested in the comfy seats and power for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It's true they helped usher in an end to the troubles. Whether you feel they should be thanked or not is your own business.
    You realise they wouldn't be allowed share power with Unionists, but for the fighting?
    As I say your dissident view is in the minority thankfully.

You are gas.
    The GFA was based on the Sunningdale agreement 1973 which SF did not even participate in. It was power sharing agreement

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:h_V2Z19VJyUJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/will-the-belfast-agreement-go-the-way-of-sunningdale-1.3307300+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

But SF had to wait 15 more years to cop themselves on - aren't they great lads altogether?

Again I do not have a dissent view it is not in the minority - it is the majority.
    At least 50% mandated vote from ROI parties (FF FG Labour) said they would NOT go into government with SF. I know SF are not good at maths but still....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Did the elected TD actually shout that or was it his supporters?

oh it was him, there is a video online...

I will try to put in a link

https://twitter.com/NI_ALLO?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You are gas.
    The GFA was based on the Sunningdale agreement 1973 which SF did not even participate in. It was power sharing agreement

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:h_V2Z19VJyUJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/will-the-belfast-agreement-go-the-way-of-sunningdale-1.3307300+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

But SF had to wait 15 more years to cop themselves on - aren't they great lads altogether?

Again I do not have a dissent view it is not in the minority - it is the majority.
    At least 50% of the ROI parties who said they would NOT go into government with SF. I know SF are not good at maths but still....
    I know

There would have been no peace with out Sinn Fein.
    I don't know what your point is. Some people don't want SF? I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

https://twitter.com/NI_ALLO?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

ohh thats not tasteless and crass at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭storker

newly appointed TD in Wexford shouting 'up the ra' in his celebration speech

classy. this is actually what people have voted for

Ever-growing numbers of patients on trolleys. This is actually what people have voted for...

Spiraling rents. This is actually what people have voted for...

Businesses closing due to high insurance premiums. This is actually what people have voted for...

Double-jobbing politicians milking the system. This is actually what people have voted for...

Long commute times and inadequate public transport. This is actually what people have voted for...

Expensive child care. This is actually what people have voted for...

Both partners needing to work instead of choosing to. This is actually what people have voted for...

Taoiseach and ministers point-scoring instead of answering Dail questions. This is actually what people have voted for...

Problems being treated as PR problems instead of problems that effect peoples' lives. This is actually what people have voted for...

..etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What a total cünt... and all his vermin constituency mates cheering that.

Sorry, no, SF can fûck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Some voters are just so angry with everything to seek to lash out at any form of authority. Its happening all over the world people see the US France Europa as a whole and follow suit. Anger at neighbors' friends, work colleagues and anger at everyone in situ. Such anger is not good as people are not in control of their emotions and are doing damage as a result. Worse they are happy to do damage. The irony has been they tell themselves it is all for the best.

Dan.

Strumms wrote: »
    What a total cünt... and all his vermin constituency mates cheering that.

Sorry, no, SF can fûck off.

If they don't put a lid on this kind of thing they'll be told just that at the next election, I suspect.

ohh thats not tasteless and crass at all...

It’s a look through the keyhole, that even through what’s meant to be a positive and celebratory moment, inclusive too even (yeah right) this fûckwit chooses to cheer on a terrorist bunch of murderers. I’ve never been so repulsed by the population of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

storker wrote: »
    Ever-growing numbers of patients on trolleys. This is actually what people have voted for...

Businesses closing due to high insurance premiums. This is actually what people have voted for...

Double-jobbing politicians milking the system. This is actually what people have voted for...

Long commute times and inadequate public transport. This is actually what people have voted for...

Both partners needing to work instead of choosing to. This is actually what people have voted for...

Taoiseach and ministers point-scoring instead of answering Dail questions. This is actually what people have voted for...

Problems being treated as PR problems instead of problems that effect peoples' lives. This is actually what people have voted for...

..etc

That us all grand and all but SF have a history of not answering questions as well. I would be more inclined to ask this new SF TD why he felt the need to shout up the 'ra. And what his views are on the rule of law in this country and in NI.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1226921320866369536

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

..etc

Don't forget
    Homeless numbers
    Proxy Voting
    Childcare
    Underfunded policing.

Some voters are just so angry with everything to seek to lash out at any form of authority. Its happening all over the world people see the US France Europa as a whole and follow suit. Anger at neighbors' friends, work colleagues and anger at everyone in situ. Such anger is not good as people are not in control of their emotions and are doing damage as a result. Worse they are happy to do damage. The irony has been they tell themselves it is all for the best.

Thank you Doctor Crane. How about turning your penetrating gaze on what the mainstream politicians did to put people in that frame of mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,380 ✭✭✭✭walshb

..etc

A nonsense reply. Nobody votes for any of this..

No matter who is in government at any time there will be countless issues and moaning and slating and giving out..

If SF get into to power they too will be slated and slagged and criticised, just like those before them.

Politics today is just a cesspool of combat and aggression...fuelled my morons on all sides! And all over social media.

That us all grand and all but SF have a history of not answering questions as well. I would be more inclined to ask this new SF TD why he felt the need to shout up the 'ra. And what his views are on the rule of law in this country and in NI.

I would be more inclined to let them try and do what they have said they will do, and if they can't then they WILL get the boot the next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

It’s a look through the keyhole, that even through what’s meant to be a positive and celebratory moment, inclusive too even (yeah right) this fûckwit chooses to cheer on a terrorist bunch of murderers. I’ve never been so repulsed by the population of this country.

wait till you see his response in the media... maybe tonight or tomorrow but its absolutely sick.

• Advertisement

..etc

no,
    there are other parties to vote for other than Sinn Fein, this is actually what people have voted for.

Totally, that in this moment of supposed inclusive celebration he wants to celebrate and name check terrorists.. so you can imagine what his idea of ‘rule of law’ is, and public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

That Wexford scumbag should be sacked before he gets a chance to get into the dail .

walshb wrote: »
    A nonsense reply. Nobody votes for any of this..

No matter who is in government at any time there will be countless issues and moaning and slating and giving out..

If SF get I to power they too will be skated and slagged and criticised, just like those before them.

Very wrong. It might not be why you voted, but its why a lot of people did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

+1 , the left roundly celebrating 'the rejection of racism' in the polls, Atleast justin barret is transparant, SF hasn't thrown off those shackles as much as the army council instructed MLM to say that they have.

"Ireland for the irish" is a NP slogan and a SF core belief.

Absolute crap. SF are anti-racist, with historical links to parties in the middle east and Africa.
    https://youtu.be/ZkFAeruvv4s

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Totally, that in this moment of supposed inclusive celebration he wants to celebrate and name check terrorists.. so you can imagine what his idea of ‘rule of law’ is, and public service.

When exactly did SF ever see the IRA as 'terrorists'?

The IRA are gone btw.

The IRA are gone btw.

why are their elected TDs shouting 'Up the Ra' at their election celebrations then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Odhinn wrote: »
    Absolute crap. SF are anti-racist, with historical links to parties in the middle east and Africa.
    https://youtu.be/ZkFAeruvv4s

Largely eurosceptic too, but they kept that quiet this time around.

Odhinn wrote: »
    SF are anti-racist,

unless you are British or Unionist !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The IRA are gone btw.

I believe it Gerry that said "they haven't gone away you know"

Then again, what would he know when he was never a member :rolleyes:

Advertisement