Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭tjhook

Unless the central party can manage their new TDs, this kind of stuff will be their undoing.

I'd like to think that's the case, but people have a tendency to double-down and justify their choices. See CJ Haughey's public support back in the day.

The fact is, a whole bunch of people are so frustrated at the crap state of services in this country, that they'll resort to supporting cowardly terrorists and their political disciples.

If it all turns to sh!1te now, they'll just find somebody else to blame. The only thing that might force a rethink would be for a lot of multinationals to leave, and the millennials to discover they can't get jobs to pay for all the cheap houses.

I believe the new Sinn Fein TD in Clare spent years not paying rent & her husband is a convicted drug dealer.
    the new Cavan TD Pauline Tully is the wife of the killer of Detective Garda Gerry Mccabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Weve micheal D midget as president and have voted for the IRA, if the president dresses up in green and jerry has a bottle of beer on paddys day we're going to look like every stereotype that ever happened. We've become a parody of ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

bubblypop wrote: »
    I believe the new Sinn Fein TD in Clare spent years not paying rent & her husband is a convicted drug dealer.
    the new Cavan TD Pauline Tully is the wife of the killer of Detective Garda Gerry Mccabe.

Your really being completely disingenuous with what your saying. You should try and grind your axe with some balance.

There is a lot more to the Pauliebe Tully story than you are saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

shesty wrote: »
    Has it ever occurred to you that some posters are having panic attacks because they actually remember the other Sinn Fein...the real SF...in the recent past??The SF who were the spokespeople excusing the punishment beatings, kneecap shootings, and bombs that filled every headline several times every day for years and years?

They will have to work very, very hard to shed that image yet for many people in this country, never mind prove themselves in Government aswell.

I doubt you'll find a SF party member looking to shed any support to the Hunger Strikers and the then IRA. It would be very hypocritical if they did.
    All sides in conflict have their shameful acts to bear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Why couldn't the plebs just have voted for good old upstanding FF/FG candidates. After all, they've never been involved in anything morally questionable apart from bankrupting the country, overseeing record homeless numbers, putting the elderly on the dole, covering up for paedos in the church, or attempting to commemorate the black and tans.

Apart from all that they're grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Also this David Cullinane fella is not wexford but waterford. Twitter was wrong.

I am just glad those wexford strawberries are not tainted.

https://www.thejournal.ie/cullinane-sinn-fein-5001861-Feb2020/

This is my fav bit -
    "On RTÉ’s Six One News, Mary Lou McDonald said she had not seen the video in question and wouldn’t comment on it, but added that Cullinane “has to explain it”.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for that little chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

SF have to at least appear like a normal party - optics. That is Mary Lou's challenge.

Mary Lou on the phone right after her 6 one interview to Slab Murphy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Perhaps they might be able to release even more patriots from their politically motivated captivity?

Ah but it's all in the past. Nothing to see.

• Advertisement

Your really being completely disingenuous with what your saying. You should try and grind your axe with some balance.

There is a lot more to the Pauliebe Tully story than you are saying.

ok, enlighten me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

The only reason she addressed it was because it was put to her on television. The only reason it was put to her was the election.
    All sides have issues need answering. I think SF and ML should concentrate on looking after the country of 2020.

The callousness of this post is worth preserving in quote..."all sides have issues". This is moral relativism taken to a cult like level.
    If you can just tell me what comparable issues other sides have, given that 10 men beat a 21 year old lad with nails in sticks for over half an hour and broke all his bones before he died and Sinn Fein choked for a very long time before they could spit out any kind if a feeble condemnation.
    Anything comparable, Matt??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yeah Pearse McCauley was an IRA man he only ended up in prision not because of the murder of McCabe. But because he stabbed Pauline Tully (then McCauley) multiple times with a knife.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearse_McAuley

But sure it is all grand.... more houses better health promised what can go wrong?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You're doing some serious projection there :rolleyes:

I'm losing nothing as I'm watching this car crash from abroad. I have my popcorn out in the hopes that SF have the balls to go into government. Given how multiple candidates haven't been able to get through their election day without delivering controversy we can already see how things are going.

Obviously FG as a party didn't negotiate Brexit but FG ministers did. Interesting that you call out those semantics when you previously hailed SF's negotiating skills based on their history in the north, when how many of those involved in northern negotiation have been elected TDs?

Your posts are one bit of hypocrisy followed another, so there is no point in bothering to go around in circles with you.

You'll have to run the bolded bit by me again...makes no sense as a point.

As to the bit that I can understand...the government will need negotiators in the EU, to negotiate our position within the 27. When that is understood by the trade deal negotiators they will decide whether to make it a part of their demands when talking to the UK.

At no point will we be dealing with the UK in those trade talks. It would be good if you could inform yourself on these things before wading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Not anymore. He tried to kill her a few years ago and they're divorced now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

it didnt, until they won and videod themselves all praising the RA , people thought it was a FG pr fantasy, the shinners did a great job reminding everyone its real

I think it's more that an increasing share of voters just don't care enough about the IRA connection rather than not believing it's real.

Lads we'd an arms dealer as Taoiseach for three terms, (Haughey) and the state was founded by a shinner terrorist, (Collins), so I think ML has the moral high ground ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Not anymore. He tried to kill her a few years ago and they're divorced now.

Its all just part of the lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

Gynoid wrote: »
    The callousness of this post is worth preserving in quote..."all sides have issues". This is moral relativism taken to a cult like level.
    If you can just tell me what comparable issues other sides have, given that 10 men beat a 21 year old lad with nails in sticks for over half an hour and broke all his bones before he died and Sinn Fein choked for a very long time before they could spit out any kind if a feeble condemnation.

Yeah but what about that TD who fell off a swing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I'd say Mary Lou is ****ing furious. I see there has already been a conference over the comments lastnight.

• Advertisement

He is refusing to apologise either. Wonder how long that lasts.

Maybe he will mention Maria Bailey's 'swing incident' sure that is far worse obviously....

Plus you should also note that the poster Matt Barrett uses the username of Leo Vadrakar's partner as a personal 'in joke'.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2626844/who-is-leo-varadkars-partner-matthew-barrett-when-did-he-meet-the-irish-taoiseach-and-do-they-have-children/

It should tell you all you need to know about the poster and his/her mentality.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

We need a radical leader. I'm willing to give SF s chance but don't get your knickers in a twist they only got 22%of the vote.Thus 78% of people didn't vote SF number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Maybe he will mention Maria Bailey's 'swing incident' sure that is far worse obviously....

Plus you should also note that the poster Matt Barrett uses the username of Leo Vadrakar's partner as a personal 'in joke'.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2626844/who-is-leo-varadkars-partner-matthew-barrett-when-did-he-meet-the-irish-taoiseach-and-do-they-have-children/

It should tell you all you need to know about the poster and his/her mentality.

I know it's not relevant but he's alright. Well done Leo.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I'd say Mary Lou is ****ing furious. I see there has already been a conference over the comments lastnight.

They can't spin this as FF FG plot. The nasty undercurrent is always there, they are standing on the shoulders of the working class youth vote - and laughing.

I do not believe you are being genuine.
    What's so callous? SF had nothing to do with the Quinn murder AFAIK. Yes, internment, bloody sunday, taking 35 years to apologise, miami showband, shooting an unarmed teenager Daniel Hegarty and on and on..
    So how callous is it to say 'all sides have issues', pretty fair IMO.

I know it's not relevant but he's alright. Well done Leo.

Of course it is relevant is The poster Matt Barrett is anti FG vehemently so and picked the name of Leo's partner as his user name.

What's so callous? SF had nothing to do with the Quinn murder AFAIK. Yes, internment, bloody sunday, taking 35 years to apologise, miami showband, shooting an unarmed teenager Daniel Hegarty and on and on..

Nobody is defending the other side though. Nobody is saying up the paras

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

I can 100% tell you I am genuine, and am only biting my tongue from lashing you out of it.

Advertisement