Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

SF will increase the black market economy - including rent.

Do we not already have cases of landlords asking for sex in exchange for rent, cases of dangerous overcrowding with Brazilians forced to accept 5+ to a room?

All occurred under FG/FF watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

We know what FF are like in government, but go on sure....

We know what SF are like in a barn, but go on sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,838 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

machaseh wrote: »
    At the end of the day, why would any dubliner (SF or not) care about the policies within Northern Ireland? It's really just not something that affects our daily lives at all, unless you happen to have a lot of family up north.

I am sure that after unification, the two sinn feins will merge and will come up with a unified policy. Until that time it's just not something that affects people in the republic in their daily lives at all.

That is what SF played on ROI ignorance of their policeis in NI and cluelessness on Brexit, and it worked the dual strategy.

The two SF's are already defacto merged do you seriously think those in NI do not make a move without consulting the other.?

Also after unification? You are only bothered about NI until then? By then it will be two late.

It is no wonder how the Conor Murphy issue etc had no resonance to the new young SF voter in the ROI. When they still view NI as 'other'.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Do we not already have cases of landlords asking for sex in exchange for rent, cases of dangerous overcrowding with Brazilians forced to accept 5+ to a room?

All occurred under FG/FF watch.

I didnt vote FF or FG but the fact that they are watching overcrowded Brazilians having sex with landlords makes me regret my foolishness... :(

Bad at lying.

Poor at hiding.

Worse than pathetic at trolling.

Not true any so called lying is manufactured by you unfortunately.
    Read my previous posts on this thread I clearly metioned Mary Lou banner NY
    Again no answer to the question of why Mary Lou had to apologise.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112511355

You were just caught out on your years admit it.

Recent SF gaffs like -

Mary Lou in NY with the banner - get the english out of Ireland
    Paddy Holohan - racism, sexism, homphobia
    David Culliane - up the ra
    Conor Murphy - the fudge on a murder victim to republicanism
    Dessie Ellis - get out you black and tans

They all prove that SF have not left the troubles behind, and cannot behave like a normal decent party. The nasty undercurrent ties are always there - that element.

I suppose you are going ask for evidence of a picture of an IRA member in a SF office recently complete with his IRA membership badge as proof....:rolleyes:

The major difference is most parties in the island do not have a dual strategy one for NI and one for the ROI. One is a softer more 'southern' one which is republican lite all smiles. Going on about houses, taxing the rich.

image.jpg

The other is the style used by SF in NI pandering to the hardline republicans or naive rich american groups which fund the IRA.

Mary Lou with the banner in NY March of 2019:

image.jpg

Michelle O'Neill carrying the coffin of Annie Cahill republican and former wife of IRA leader Joe Cahill (2018 only two years ago)

211615317-8108ca02-0a46-433a-8e61-3c92f7d2882b.jpg

It is because of such duplicity that there a healthy dose of dubiousness about SF. If they moved away from thier panto beret politics they would do far better.
    Be honest and open get everything out there. But no, they only back down when thier credibility takes a hit like on the Quinn issue.
    It is the same tried and tested game with them, ask a question on a victim of republican related violence of an innocent and the response is always we could all name victims etc etc

But at the same time SF glorify mindless republicanism to the working class disenfranchised, and the rich yanks. Adds a great mystic for them.

They have to chose which way they want to go. Not pick and chose as it suits a jurisdiction or demographic. It is really cynical politics. And this dual strategy really tarnishes ordinary decent hard working members of SF as a result. In my opinion.

It is the usual SF tactic you are exhibiting deflect, deny, discredit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Foxtrol wrote: »
    In the more likely situation that they make a complete mess of things in government then they'll never see the light of day again.

Like FF? :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

GreeBo wrote: »
    So ignoring their past, how are SF going to fix the housing issue, the health issue and also balance the budget?

Where does the money come from?
    How does money solve housing in Dublin?

They aren't going to fix it. But that's the reason people voted for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

GreeBo wrote: »
    So ignoring their past, how are SF going to fix the housing issue, the health issue and also balance the budget?

Where does the money come from?
    How does money solve housing in Dublin?

They aren't going to fix it. But that's the reason people voted for them

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Gynoid wrote: »
    I think some of the youth vote for Sinn Fein has an Antifa feel to it. In the US it is now quite legitimate for young people to admire hysterical people in balaclavas using violence or the threat of it as a legitimate means of defending against "facism", ie seriously intimidating anyone who does not adhere to your ideological creed on any chosen issue. The sneaking regard and moral relativism displayed by some posters on this thread for violence, the minimisation of recently past atrocities, the dismissal of present day dog whistles to justifiable violence, all seem to me to be an ignorant wish for social justice warrior identity politics, Irish style. Fools.

This is Ireland, not the US, nor some Scandinavian Utopia that some politicians seemingly aspire to between elections. Some people in the North on both sides of the divide were bullied and intimidated and fought back but also many were killed for less than honourable reasons, honourable isn't a correct word for murder I know, nor is murder justified in any case but if we in the South had an inkling of life up there back then we might be less judgemental. Regardless, it's in the past. Do we want to keep looking backwards to the troubles, the banking crisis, and snipe for another few months and get nothing done. Sinn Féin don't look like they'll be in any government this time and they have a few headers elected. But there's headers in every party. People judging SF when they're untried at ministerial level. In football terns, that's complacency, they can't show they're good or brutal if they're on the backbenches again. Some of them could make a better job of some portfolios than the sitting ministers. Was anyone but Pearse Doherty not let the insurance companies lie through their teeth? Let's deal with the banks too. The people asked for change. Our constitution doesn't refer to asking boards.ie for a vote. Let's change it rightly. Not FF, SF, FG or confidence and supply but a coalition of the most able and enthusiastic people for particular portfolios from any party including independents. I know that's my utopian daydream but I'm sick of the sniping and no progress.

This must be approaching a 48 hr tirade Gormdubh. Relax.

• Advertisement

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112511355

More trolling. Ignoring my original message, fabricating the banner slogan, no mention of any of the stuff you reply with. If I ask you is it raining you'd reply with the history of Met Eireann and avoid the question.

The FG shills are so busy being ignorant and plain rude about the people voted SF they are giving FF a pass. But that's the FF/FG plan.
    A party that have put us in generational debt looking to be back in after FG creating and exacerbating crises.
    We know what FF are like in government, but go on sure....

Obviously you give all of the following a 'pass' do you?

SF have actually widened the gap between rich and poor in NI

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/02/10/celebrating-sinn-fein-election-surge-consider-their-pro-austerity-record-north

Health NI:

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2019/1204/1097090-northern-ireland-health/

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:RVTQ7CyHeagJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/thousands-of-nurses-in-northern-ireland-strike-over-pay-1.4133733+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

Housing NI:

https://thedetail.tv/articles/social-housing-bb946a8a-43df-450d-b8cd-66d71030cdf3

Homelessness NI:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/more-quarter-recent-uk-homeless-21114251

Social Welfare NI:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3Kdvi9pOC4gJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-under-fire-over-welfare-cuts-move-1.2435441+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

No governance in Stormont for over three years

Worse still SF sat on thier hands for three years playing games with the DUP in Stormont.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/10/pressure-mounts-northern-irish-parties-restore-power-sharing-sinn-fein-dup

That is before we get into murderers and/or cover ups of murderers.

I notice you still have found nothing comparable that current members of FF FG labour in the dail have done like SF murder and cover up of same that a poster asked of you before.

More trolling. Ignoring my original message, fabricating the banner slogan, no mention of any of the stuff you reply with. If I ask you is it raining you'd reply with the history of Met Eireann and avoid the question.

There was no fabricating you are only seeing what you want to see and/or clearly cannot read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Gynoid wrote: »
    We know what SF are like in a barn, but go on sure....

Could have been Fine Gael. The shadowy figures run FG from the K club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

The majority of people iv'e spoken with this morning could care less about the up the Ra comments or SF's past. The usual suspects in the media are lapping it up though (Newstalk's morning show where creaming themselves over it earlier) but people have moved past that and are only interested in the country being fixed.

That is what SF played on ROI ignorance of their policeis in NI and cluelessness on Brexit, and it worked the dual strategy.

They supported and backed Coveney on Brexit. Quit lying.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112511355It is the usual SF tactic you are exhibiting deflect, deny, discredit.

Nobody give a f*** gorm. No deflection, not arsed.

This must be approaching a 48 hr tirade Gormdubh. Relax.

You describe is as a tirade I see it as a push back against the myth-making cohort of yourself Matt Barrett, Green and Red and KWAG2019.

Granted there may be no hope for this cohort either, duped, brainwashed, indoctrinated or naive.

Not only that the amount of double talking by some of that cohort is saddening and dismissal of serious issues.

But I do hope I have educated others who may have voted for SF blindly, on the basis of vague promises. If only one of those feels regret or shame for voting SF I feel justified.

There are messages on this from SF -

2002 AENGUS Ó SNODAIGH open letter to the times on SF racism policy

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/letters/sinn-fein-policy-on-racism-1.1050135

"Any member of Sinn Féin who makes racist remarks or is involved in any activity, which is racist, will be immediately expelled from the party"

Yet they have had to use those procedures this very year 2020.
    Note not 1920, not 1970, not 1990.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/sinn-fein-councillor-accused-racism-leo-varadkar-says-comments-misinterpreted-177445

There is no doubt that SF attracts the disenchanted, foreigners out/taking our jobs types - working class - types like Paddy Holohan. They always will.
    It happens when the mantra is to tell people to get out rather than inclusiveness.

_106055664_marylou_england.jpg

'Mary Lou in NY with the banner - get the english out of Ireland'

Remarkably bad reading or lying or both?

Mixed with more deflection, while claiming it is not deflection

They supported and backed Coveney on Brexit. Quit lying.

Nobody give a f*** gorm. No deflection, not arsed.

Probably the greatest SF rhetoric since David Cullinane.....

You describe is as a tirade I see it as a push back against the myth-making cohort of yourself Matt Barrett, Green and Red and KWAG2019.

Granted there may be no hope for this cohort either, duped, brainwashed, indoctrinated or naive.

Not only that the amount of double talking by some of that cohort is saddening and dismissal of serious issues.

But I do hope I have educated others who may have voted for SF blindly, on the basis of vague promises. If only one of those feels regret or shame for voting SF I feel justified.

You're full of it. Thankfully Fine Gael have plenty of decent honest members. You let them down with your attitude and the rubbish you post here

• Advertisement

You are boards own Hedda Hopper.
    Might you not have been better posting all this bile and ignorance before the election? If you want to educate stop misrepresenting other posters and calm yourself.
    You not worried about FF at all?

Mixed with more deflection, while claiming it is not deflection

Probably the greatest SF rhetoric since David Cullinane.....

Maybe you're Maria Bailey.

You are boards own Hedda Hopper.
    Might you not have been better posting all this bile and ignorance before the election? If you want to educate stop misrepresenting other posters and calm yourself.
    You not worried about FF at all?

More Matt Barrett deflection nothing answered as per.

More Matt Barrett deflection nothing answered as per.

Says the lad/lady deflecting...
    Ask me anything Gormo.
    You are lying and pretending and inferring.

What 'mythmaking' have I engaged in?

'Mary Lou in NY with the banner - get the english out of Ireland'

Remarkably bad reading or lying or both?

I fail to see where you are having difficultly with this.

Mary Lou was in New York - NY is short for NY.

I also mentioned naive rich Irish Americans relating to it in another post - but for some reason you seem confused.

Ask me anything Gormo.
    You are lying and pretending and inferring.

Matt. He's best ignored. Just a troll looking for a reaction.

I fail to see where you are having difficultly with this.

Mary Lou was in New York - NY is short for NY.

I also mentioned naive rich Irish Americans relating to it in another post - but for some reason you seem confused.

No you don't. You made up what the banner say, invented a new context. That's all I replied to you about. You're a troll. CU next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Whatever about a housing shortage, there's definately going to be a psychologist shortage in Ireland with all the shattered psyches among FG supporters. In the seven stages of grief, I think we're witnessing anger and bargaining at the moment - acceptance is a long way off, but the poor craythurs will get there someday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

BanditLuke wrote: »
    The majority of people iv'e spoken with this morning could care less about the up the Ra comments or SF's past. The usual suspects in the media are lapping it up though (Newstalk's morning show where creaming themselves over it earlier) but people have moved past that and are only interested in the country being fixed.

Sure that is just limited to the circles in which you yourself move. It might be more of a reflection of that rather than general population.

Advertisement