Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Geuze wrote: »
    I don't support SF.

I didn't vote for SF.

But I have to admit that depending on the market to provide housing is not, and will not, work.

Yes but neither is building 100k homes off the money tree. I’m sorry but the gloves have to come off with the homeless **** - how many of those people could actually pay rent on a house if they took a good look at income v expenditure? Social housing needs to be built and I wouldn’t disagree with that but first we need a real figure of those who need it can what is being screamed at us every week about “de homeliss”. Fraud and spoofery is rampant in that 10k figure and I am as a taxpayer am not giving it a 2nd thought until someone tells us the ****ing truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Geuze wrote: »
    I don't support SF.

I didn't vote for SF.

But I have to admit that depending on the market to provide housing is not, and will not, work.

Nobody is or was relying on the market to provide housing, that was another false narrative of the election.

https://rebuildingireland.ie/news/minister-murphy-publishes-social-housing-construction-status-report-for-q3-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't care. Keep it up. I find it tiresome out of context and used as a distraction. If you really cared you wouldn't be so disrespectful.

Says he to a poster who merely said the truth hurts - while dismissing murder and cover up of same - no accountability

Not only that trying to find any lesser crime from anywhere where people were held accountable - any politicians relations if need be (except SF).

Yet murder makes you yawn if there are republican or SF links and do not want accountability.

But theft, burglary, assault seem to give you an immense thrill. Especially if you can get a tenuous link to another political party (except SF).

It is strange how you can find no unaccountable murders that members of the current dail committed; or were involved/protected had knowledge of- as retort to defend SF?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Bill 2.0 wrote: »
    But they live in the UK so why should we care that much about them?

I don't give two ****s about some Irish lad living in Rochdale or where ever.

Every country has an obligation to care for its citizens right?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,207 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jmayo wrote: »
    So Brexit has gone away just like the RA ?

Fecking great world we live in.
    Now maybe if I close my eyes real tight and say the magic words then my fooking mortgage will go away. :D

1% of the electorate (that includes those who voted for FF and FG) said that Brexit was a concern to them.

I don't make up the facts. Deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Interested to see what SF will do with water charges coming in this year.

blanch152 wrote: »
    And what has that got to do with the deaths of the Antrim, Sperrin, Armagh and Derry sub-dialects of Irish?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Irish

The Eastern dialect of Ulster Irish died out in the six counties, Irish was then revived in Northern Ireland through the plantation of Donegal Irish into the population.

My point is that there was a dialect of Irish native to Northern Ireland, it died out and was revived artificially in the 1970s through the introduction of a different dialect. In the same way, there was a dialect of Ulster-Scots native to Northern Ireland, it died out (though some dispute this) and was revived artificially in the 1990s.

The only thing that separates the two are time.

And so what?

Irish is the native language of the island. That it dies out in areas you would expect it to is just more evidence of why it needs to be protected by legislation in both jurisdictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Anyone with a brain can see the situations are not comparable.

Exactly Francie. Yet some claiming to have a brain draw tangents when asked a direct question because they haven't an earthly notion about how Irish politics work.

Anyone with a brain can see the situations are not comparable.

Exactly Francie. Yet some claiming to have a brain draw tangents when asked a direct question because they haven't an earthly notion about how Irish politics work.

Well oh wise one why don’t you answer the question I put to frankie so?

If SF made a balls of all those matters in a six county environment, what the **** makes you think they will do anything with twenty six?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Interested to see what SF will do with water charges coming in this year.

Hmmm over half the housing in the state are unmetered. Wonder how the charging regime will work. Any thoughts yourself?

• Advertisement

Hmmm over half the housing in the state are unmetered. Wonder how the charging regime will work. Any thoughts yourself?

Probably the high earners on 40k+ paying double for their usage, we couldn’t have the ****ing wasters worrying about water charges could we?

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Probably the high earners on 40k+ paying double for their usage, we couldn’t have the ****ing wasters worrying about water charges could we?

Ok fairly nonsensical rant but how do you charge an unmetered home for excessive use? Maybe get an adult to help you formulate a coherent reply.

Ok fairly nonsensical rant but how do you charge an unmetered home for excessive use? Maybe get an adult to help you formulate a coherent reply.

How is it nonsensical? Maybe get an adult to help you understand words before you post them.

SF have already stated anyone on 40k is a high earner.

If SF made a balls of all those matters in a six county environment, what the **** makes you think they will do anything with twenty six?

For starters, they don't have the DUP to deal with.

Mind you... FG are huffing in the corner in very much of a similar fashion because somebody took their ball.

;)

On a serious note: I certainly haven't suggested SF are going to create a nirvana of harmony. Just like a UI, there is no guarantees.

I want the duopoly broken up and a fairer society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Not the people who murdered her son then? That’s grand yeah? That’s all I need to know about you. Carry on

Of course they are, you my friend have been posting about the inferred connection to SF etc. I thought that's what we were discussing? If not I've really really no interest in the context of the 2020 election.
    Don't be putting words in my mouth.

I have set out the history of both languages in Northern Ireland. It is clear to me that in both cases, albeit with different aspects, that their revival has been artificial and driven by the desire and wish not to be the other, to differentiate, to segregate, to emphasise difference. That isn't healthy.

I know the '?' trips you up, but it was a question.
    So there are both as relevant or irrelevant as each other?

Because I'm not Frankie? Nor do I support any party. I'd prefer an all party, including indies, cabinet of the most capable people working for the country and an end to sqyuabbling points scoring politics. Naive, I know.

We don't what they can do in the 26 counties, they haven't been in government before and there's a fair chance they won't be this time.

I'd say there's as much chance as them f***ing things up as doing a good job and that also depends on your perspective on a good job. A wealthy landlord might see it differently to a family struggling to raise a deposit for a house paying a fortune to said landlord. But, for me, comparing 6 counties of divided communuties ruled from London and a Dublin 26 county parliament governing a fairly harmonious electorate isn't comparing ike with like. I'd have epectations rather than high hopes they could do a good job, deliver on their promises and that they'd be accepted by unions and other interests. But some people were thrilled with confidence and supply and some weren't and you can't please everyone.

I have merely commented on your posts obviously you have no real retort.
    So therefore it must be clear your argument is lost.

You are mad for accountability and justice however small the crime on the one hand.

Yet you shy away from calling for accountability for SF however large the crime.
    Even murder can be excused or hidden away from justice in your view.
    McCabe, Quinn and so on.

You have not explained to me how you justify such reasoning.
    But I am not a psychologist.

I am beginning to feel some pity for you, with your mental gymnastics.

You have inferred my meaning by dishonestly twisting and not quoting.
    What argument?
    My lack of interest in a murder several years ago that I don't recall hearing about prior to the election says zero about my views on criminality.
    Calling SF to account for what?
    You are a liar. I need not explain stuff you made up.

Free pass for Fianna Fail continues ;)

You're boring me. I'll not engage on murders you want to use.

Don't be silly.

You can't prove that people are with-holding information until you have the information that shows that.

It is clear that the reason more information on Paul Quinn's murder hasn't come out is because there are senior members of the republican movement who would be in trouble for the very reason you mention if the truth was out there.

Remember when Gerry Adams told one story to Spotlight about his knowledge of the abuse of his niece and a different story to the court. While we all knew that he had lied, he couldn't be charged with perjury because there was no way on knowing which version was untrue and it is not a crime to lie to a TV programme.

In this case, until the full truth comes out, nobody can be certain or prove that information is being withheld or was previously withheld. So you can be certain that the republican movement won't let the truth come out.

So I can suggest FG, overseeing the Garda, might know things about criminality involving the Sean Quinn/abduction case, with hear-say and feels? I wouldn't have thought such loose accusations were allowed on boards.

Could get around the traditional plumbed in meter with a smart meter. Jesus the Greens will love that.:eek:

The electorate didn’t give a **** about what they were doing besides wagging the finger at FG. They will regret that in the next 6 months when they see the calibre of politician they have elected to run this country and economy - quote me

Fianna Fail are a great bunch of lads though ;)

• Advertisement

I know the '?' trips you up, but it was a question.
    So there are both as relevant or irrelevant as each other?

The facts are what they are, don't you agree?

So I can suggest FG might know things about criminality involving the Sean Quinn/abduction case, with hear-say and feels? I wouldn't have thought such loose accusations were allowed on boards.

The difference is that Conor Murphy said he went to the IRA and they told him they weren't involved. We won't know whether Conor was telling the truth or not until we find out exactly what happened and who knew what.

So it isn't hear-say and feels.

How is it nonsensical? Maybe get an adult to help you understand words before you post them.

SF have already stated anyone on 40k is a high earner.

What has the designation of a high earners got to do with charging for excessive use when there is not means of knowing what the usage is?
    Can you answer the question asked instead of nonsensical rants.

Fianna Fail are a great bunch of lads though ;)

I never said they were because I remember what they did in 2008. However I would still take them over the up the ra party and that’s a ****ing terrible thing to say. sF are not mature enough to run a country or economy and we will all pay for it

How is not 'emphasizing difference' going to be healthy in a shared society blanch BTW?

Do those in NI have to become a homogenous whole?

How about in a UI (which you claim to want) are Unionists not to be allowed express their difference?

To 'emphasise' it even at 12th of July parades/celebrations?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    You're surprised by this?

At the same time Mary Lou is jumping up and down shouting for a border poll. To all those idiots who thought voting for SF for the sake of a change would be a good idea I can only say you may well get what you didn't wish for.

The boot is well and truly on the other foot now and all those over here who laughed at the British people who voted for Brexit for being ill informed, pig ignorant racists etc. are looking pretty stupid themselves.

Not surprised, no, on the surface I was amused that they couldn't go 24 hours without shooting themselves in the foot. On a deeper level, I'm concerned at the behaviour of a potential government minister.

Like it or no, this stunt will have a bearing on the formation of the government.

Cullinane is a stupid stupid man. Not to be trusted.

This here.

Cullinane is supposedly 'one of the good ones'. This is his second term in the Dáil, and he was in the Seanad for 5-6 years before that. If it were one of the SF loopers or part-timers like Paddy Holohan, or Patricia Ryan who went on holidays for the election run in, you might understand such an amateur and immature 'gaff'. Cullinane is a relatively seasoned politician though.

Only hours before 'UP THE RA!', Cullinane spoke very well and politician-like on RTE as they were interviewing him live from his count centre after his result came in. He more than held his own against Miriam O and a panel of FFG General Secretaries as he put his best, most polished foot forward. In those moments, even though you mightn't agree with SF's politics or history, you could maybe see a prominent politician or minister there. Any of those thoughts went out the window though in light of Cullinane's more candid celebrations later that night which were caught on camera. SF will now do themselves (and the rest of us) no service by placing Cullinane in a major cabinet position.

Any time he is interviewed on DOB-owned media from now on, which there is a lot of, this will be used against Cullinane/SF as often as is required. Be it as a genuine point, or just a weapon to deflect from something Cullinane is saying. In Anglo-Irish dealings under a SF government, be it Brexit, United Ireland or whatever else, UK media will have a field day leading with this footage if Cullinane is a prominent member of a negotiating Irish government.

'Sinn Féin make no secret of their desire for a United Ireland' - I do not have a problem with that. It's their desire to make no secret of apeish behaviour and an attempt to mask it as 'Just a United Ireland' thing which concerns me. SF are supposed to be an attempt to move on from a bloody past, from the gun to the pen. Let's be real, David Cullinane didn't pull out a Glock and fire a few celebratory rounds into the air, but 'Up the RA!' like a drunk teenager in response to being elected largely on housing and health promises, not on United Ireland, is disappointing. As for its effects on the prospect of a United Ireland, well I can't imagine Unionists up North would take much confidence from this at all. As for Loyalists...perfect Troubles 2.0 fuel.

I didn't vote SF, FG or FF and I wish any new government of ours the best, but the likes of this won't help SF distance themselves from something they really need to in the Ireland of 2020.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

This whole thread is gone Abit mental , from complaining about high earner being taxed to comparing which crime is worse .... And now onto water meters...

The difference is that Conor Murphy said he went to the IRA and they told him they weren't involved. We won't know whether Conor was telling the truth or not until we find out exactly what happened and who knew what.

That is for the police to decide, not you.

The IMC know who these people are as they ruled out the IRA as an organisation being involved.

I don't know. You've not said yes or no.
    They are irrelevant or they or relevant, equally? Try pick one.

• Advertisement

All you have is someone saying it wasn't them. It doesn't put any weight either way really.

Advertisement