Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Allinall wrote: »
    I haven’t seen any market manipulation in the last 10 years.

Any examples?

Are you absolutely joking me? NAMA may be the biggest manipulation of a market by a western government in the last 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Allinall

Grand so. Why do you care if other tax payers need a hand? Does not effect you at all seemingly.

Why would someone care where their taxes are spent?

What sort of a stupid question is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Blaze420 wrote: »
    There’s only 2 things certain in life - death & taxes. This dream of rolling in the cash and owning a house without a care in the world is what the euro millions is for. Reality is hard.

Honestly must be **** being so beaten down that you cannot expect and hope for better.

Thats not your fault believe me thats 10+ years of government neglect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Any examples?

Vulture funds buying up to rent at high rates or lease. Build to rent being the biggest builds currently. Buyers being priced out. Low taxation on vulture funds. Government/LA being a customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Yeah, better to blame those worse off than you instead. It's easier to punch down after all.

Yeah I’d consider myself pretty bad off if that’s what you are asking so who am i punching down on?

Those who have never lifted a finger to support the economy but sat on their lazy useless holes taking in welfare payments and living the high life with bonus this and medical card that while I bust my ass 5 days a week working so my taxes can fund them? Those people can **** off and can’t be “punched” enough if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

There’s only 2 things certain in life - death & taxes. This dream of rolling in the cash and owning a house without a care in the world is what the euro millions is for. Reality is hard.

You're a sad case. Face to ground. Devoid of hope or imagination. Busy washing the master's feet. Resentful of anyone who thinks there might be a better way.

In other words, a willing slave.

Why would someone care where their taxes are spent?

What sort of a stupid question is that?

He's no issue with what the government does, or if he does he'll not whinge about it anyway, seemingly.

I picture Grizzly Adams.

Yeah I’m a millionaire alright - just about manage to pay my rent, keep the lights on and feed myself for the month. Am I whinging about it or blaming the government? Nope because Im a logical adult who’s getting on with what needs to be done, not crying my ****ing eyes out about the gubbermint

Well then your anger is misplaced.income inequality in Ireland is growing the top 1 and 5% have seen income grow while the bottom 40% have seen it shrink and our taxes are for the most part subsiding the lower paid,not the unemployed.have a read of this

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/irish-inequality-blamed-on-unusually-high-levels-of-low-pay-and-weak-protections-1.3798081

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Good, certainly better than them having ministerial power.

Doubt FG or FF would agree with you, the last four years of C and S was to stop SF being the main party of opposition.

You're a sad case. Face to ground. Devoid of hope or imagination. Busy washing the master feet. Resentful of anyone who thinks there might be a better way. In other words, a slave.

I suppose I should take inspiration from those courageous free spirits on the dole long term who refuse to “wash the masters feet”? **** out of here with that nonsense

• Advertisement

Vulture funds buying up to rent at high rates or lease. Build to rent being the biggest builds currently. Buyers being priced out. Low taxation on vulture funds. Government/LA being a customer.

The only thing there that could possibly be classed as government interfering in the market would be low taxation of vulture funds.

What low taxation? They’re taxed the same as any other company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I want to see FF/FG/Labour coalition. Some stability for 5 years, hopefully some tax cuts. And yes we'd get a good bit of social housing built.

Keep the Shinners out at all costs. Investment Funds are already removing their money from Irish property stocks on the mere suggestion they get into power. That will eventually impact on the ground. Could be a full blown recession if they do get in.

Also bear in mind at the next election, FF and FG will run fewer candidates. This will get them more seats.

Screw the investment funds. They have fuccked us all over.

I suppose I should take inspiration from those courageous free spirits on the dole long term who refuse to “wash the masters feet”? **** out of here with that nonsense

You're not making any sense.

Yeah I’d consider myself pretty bad off if that’s what you are asking so who am i punching down on?

Those who have never lifted a finger to support the economy but sat on their lazy useless holes taking in welfare payments and living the high life with bonus this and medical card that while I bust my ass 5 days a week working so my taxes can fund them? Those people can **** off and can’t be “punched” enough if you ask me.

Ah. So if you are finding it difficult you won't whinge about government but you'll whinge about people worse off than yourself who are not elected to manage your taxes. Cool.

He's no issue with what the government does, or if he does he'll not whinge about it anyway, seemingly.

I picture Grizzly Adams.

You’re in the wrong thread.

The only thing there that could possibly be classed as government interfering in the market would be low taxation of vulture funds.

What low taxation? They’re taxed the same as any other company.
    Vulture funds pay just €8,000 in tax on €10 billion of assets
    https://www.thejournal.ie/vulture-funds-2-3176030-Jan2017/
    UN says Ireland applies 'preferential tax laws' to vultures funds and it 'cannot continue'
    https://www.thejournal.ie/un-ireland-vultures-funds-tax-4563403-Mar2019/

Low taxation and giving them custom, (25 year leases and the like). This puts pressure on individual renters and would-be buyers.
    You’re in the wrong thread.

The chap seems to have no issue with government but blames those on lower incomes, or should I say whinges about.

Ah. So if you are finding it difficult you won't whinge about government but you'll whinge about people worse off than yourself who are not elected to manage your taxes. Cool.

What’s the point in whinging? I have my rent to pay, bills each month and assorted other things and I’m left with an amount. If I want to improve that, I need to talk to my employer or find a better paid job - you know the way it has been forever? Instead, what you and others are preaching is that i should become a bitter person ranting about the gubbermint this and that when the gubbermint has **** all to do with my personal situation....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Any person working a full time job should be able to provide for themselves.

Not in race to the bottom globalist utopias.
    How people cannot understand the economic chokehold global corporations have over all of earths citizens, I just dont know. Cheap labour, cheap goods, slave based economies, global capital moving freely making money for the minute percentage of people at the apex of the planet's population, vulture funds racing round gobbling up land, resources, ports, fuel etc. It is a feudalist world and we are the modern peasants. No party is going to magically change that. Fiat based currency is invented at the top of the food chain and has almost zero worth by the time it trickles down to us time starved wage slaves. There was a time when a great many people worked in factories making local goods, or provided local services, could get home at lunch time for their dinner, had unions that fought and won workers rights and fair wages, economies were more local and sustainable and the uber rich were happy to play at colonialist oil barons. But then the rich wanted more, far more, endless wealth and power, a bite out of every apple, and the bottom tier peasants were turned into literal sweat and blood slaves and the top tier peasants grabbed all the shiny beads and baubles, and bought into the happy clappy globalism where we are good boys and girls, federally governed and united planeteers, working endlessly to get precisely nowhere.

What’s the point in whinging? I have my rent to pay, bills each month and assorted other things and I’m left with an amount. If I want to improve that, I need to talk to my employer or find a better paid job - you know the way it has been forever? Instead, what you and others are preaching is that i should become a bitter person ranting about the gubbermint this and that when the gubbermint has **** all to do with my personal situation....

Treat working tax payers the same you would government, just leave them to it and stop whinging?
    People are trying to get by. Circumstances made worse by government mismanagement might not concern you but that's okay.

Treat working tax payers the same you would government, just leave them to it and stop whinging?
    People are trying to get by. Circumstances made worse by government mismanagement might not concern you but that's okay.

You are just making vague sound bites, I’m telling you like it is. I’m just trying to get by as well but blaming the government for the wage I’m on or the money I have left after rent and bills i chose to pay is a bit pointless don’t you think?

And if anything the welfare class are treated better so stop talking about them like is the era of Angela’s ashes - I need inhalers that cost me 100e a month combined. How much does a welfare recipient with a medical card pay for the same, 50c or shock horror 1e? Costs me 60e per doctor visit - how much do they have to pay for same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Gynoid wrote: »
    Not in race to the bottom globalist utopias.
    How people cannot understand the economic chokehold global corporations have over all of earths citizens, I just dont know. Cheap labour, cheap goods, slave based economies, global capital moving freely making money for the minute percentage of people at the apex of the planet's population, vulture funds racing round gobbling up land, resources, ports, fuel etc. It is a feudalist world and we are the modern peasants. No party is going to magically change that. Fiat based currency is invented at the top of the food chain and has almost zero worth by the time it trickles down to us time starved wage slaves. There was a time when a great many people worked in factories making local goods, or provided local services, could get home at lunch time for their dinner, had unions that fought and won workers rights and fair wages, economies were more local and sustainable and the uber rich were happy to play at colonialist oil barons. But then the rich wanted more, far more, endless wealth and power, a bite out of every apple, and the bottom tier peasants were turned into literal sweat and blood slaves and the top tier peasants grabbed all the shiny beads and baubles, and bought into the happy clappy globalism where we are good boys and girls, federally governed and united planeteers, working endlessly to get precisely nowhere.

Wow, that is some MAGA like nostalgic nonsense there

Low taxation and giving them custom, (25 year leases and the like). This puts pressure on individual renters and would-be buyers.

The chap seems to have no issue with government but blames those on lower incomes, or should I say whinges about.

First link- companies or individuals generally don’t pay tax on assets.

Second link- shows the government actively combatting the so called “aggressive “ tax avoidance schemes being used. Surely commendable?

Third link- SF propaganda with no substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Wow, that is some MAGA like nostalgic nonsense there

That was my experience with my Dad working making a living wage using Irish raw material to make products for the home market in a factory 200 yards from where we lived. Unions were a big part of life in those places, big part of home chat too. Whole towns lived and then died around these places as the unions were gradually smashed by globalist big capital interests.The fact that you think it is made up right wing fantasy is telling and sad.

You are just making vague sound bites, I’m telling you like it is. I’m just trying to get by as well but blaming the government for the wage I’m on or the money I have left after rent and bills i chose to pay is a bit pointless don’t you think?

And if anything the welfare class are treated better so stop talking about them like is the era of Angela’s ashes - I need inhalers that cost me 100e a month combined. How much does a welfare recipient with a medical card pay for the same, 50c or shock horror 1e? Costs me 60e per doctor visit - how much do they have to pay for same?

Pointing out you say no point in whingeing about government yet you seem happy to whinge about those worse off who don't make polices you seem to have issue with. Seems odd to me.

First link- companies or individuals generally don’t pay tax on assets.

Second link- shows the government actively combatting the so called “aggressive “ tax avoidance schemes being used. Surely commendable?

Third link- SF propaganda with no substance.

The UN?

Anyway, there your market manipulation. Inviting and and using vulture funds who pit pressure on individuals buy driving up or maintaining high rents etc.

The UN?

Anyway, there your market manipulation. Inviting and and using vulture funds who pit pressure on individuals buy driving up or maintaining high rents etc.

Inviting and using?

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What a condescending post. Serious question. Do you think you get value from your taxes?

I don't think my hard earned money has been well spent. I know of an elderly person with a lung infection who not long ago had heart surgery over 48 hours on a trolley at the minute.

There are Zero excuses for that. Absolutely zero. But as long as your alright eh??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,869 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

bladespin wrote: »
    Don't think so, the faux outrage is getting more commentary than the Ra comment itself.

Would it make you wonder then why the leader of his party said that he would have to explain himself when informed about what he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Any examples?
    1. The removal of bedsits without viable alternatives.
    2. The handling of NAMA and selling off of housing stock cheap.
    3. The rental pressure zones, which lock in prices at higher level essentially protecting investors.
    4. Increasing incentives for first time buyers without increasing the ability for builders to actually build.
    5. Letting the vulture funds be the only show in town when it comes to investment.

The government essentially have manipulated the market to ensure that there is a decent return for investors. Had they actually introduced change that would see growth for the public the rental yields would not be as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

For starters, they don't have the DUP to deal with.

Mind you... FG are huffing in the corner in very much of a similar fashion because somebody took their ball.

;)

On a serious note: I certainly haven't suggested SF are going to create a nirvana of harmony. Just like a UI, there is no guarantees.

I want the duopoly broken up and a fairer society.

Handy excuse blaming the DUP - SF actually let social welfare control go back to westminster!

The SDLP chastised them for it

Social Welfare cuts NI:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3Kdvi9pOC4gJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-under-fire-over-welfare-cuts-move-1.2435441+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

SF have actually widened the gap between rich and poor in NI

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/02/10/celebrating-sinn-fein-election-surge-consider-their-pro-austerity-record-north

Left wing only when it suits it seems.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement