Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

When the government party loses TDs so that it's not the major party let alone in the top two then it's clear the mandate is not to be in government.

If you want to insist about a mandate then surely all the left leaning parties and independents have been given a mandate to govern? Especially as they outnumber the parties in the outgoing S&C. After all they all sought to be elected to change the current government policies.

Yes and they all appear to be trying to reach an agreement that is acceptable.

Leo, has decided to take his team off the pitch though before the hunt for a government has even begun.

They wouldn't have been able to put a government together 4 years ago if FF took the huff they are taking now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Cupatae wrote: »
    Do you have generic replies set out for anything you deem against sf, I merely asked you what the negatives of them getting power would be...

And you are screaming I'm a fraud, I'm wasting your time , continuing the same tactics (I'd like to know which)

It was a straight forward question asked to see if you were level headed in your views but you are clearly unwilling to be either wrong or open to other people's points no matter how backed up they maybe ,

You are abit too fanatical tbh it's hard to discuss any points with you, carry on.

Sure there'll be a few team mongos who are more interested in their party than the country, but they don't want to genuinely discuss anything any way. It's all about digs and one-up-manship which can be fun on occasion when in context TBF.

Fraud because you are only trying to score points.

I answered your question even though it didn't relate to my comment. Bit of a ninja edit, in before the bell, so you may have missed it. Basically I know SF have baggage. It's to be expected. I've no interest in mentioning it every time I post on anything.

This would be an example of your fraud. Pretending you want to discuss when you only want to get in digs. If FG were any good myself and others would have given them a vote. That's the harsh FG reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

US2 wrote: »
    Glad I voted SF now, just to see people lose their **** haha

What's your opinion of SF policy to bring the retirement age back to 65? Don't care that we aren't preparing for the evitable inability to support pension payments in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That's how you view the world.
    It was specifically about how the BBC's John Simpson believed Brexit was the main reason for voting as we did. I commented on their disinterest in the realities on the ground and I included two comments regarding thoughts about any trade negotiations. I have British family I'm very fond of and I've lived in England, so grow up and get out of the team bunker.

Pathetic. It was about housing, health and homelessness, not a UI and you know it.

This is getting boring. Someone should tell the newly elected TDs singing The Wolftones and shouting up the RA that it wasn't about a UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Leo, has decided to take his team off the pitch though before the hunt for a government has even begun.

They wouldn't have been able to put a government together 4 years ago if FF took the huff they are taking now.

All we've heard of for years is FFG, two cheeks.
    The message couldn't be clearer. You've been vocal in your criticism about FG governing, yet now you're complaining about Leo taking his team of the pitch? Are you saying that FG should now go into government ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

This kind of comparison assumes all parties are the same. SF are very different however.
    The recent surge has sent me googling and I've learned a lot. Take the O'Snodaigh affair with IRA pals noting movements of elected politicians. Chilling reading. I was out of Ireland in those years.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aengus_%C3%93_Snodaigh#Leinster_House_IRA_spy_ring

FF and FG for all their faults aren't that level of terrorist scum. SF are different. I'm left wondering now if their voters, one quarter of people on any street, either don't know or don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The message couldn't be clearer. You've been vocal in your criticism about FG governing, yet now you're complaining about Leo taking his team of the pitch? Are you saying that FG should now go into government ?

They deserve to be raked over the coals because a favored tactic of theirs was to point at the opposition benches and tell them they're running scared of responsibility and government.

So now the party of competence and taking the mantle of responsibility are in fact neither.

It's more than worth pointing out and drawing people's attention to.

No.

If you have missed the point to that extent then I can't help.

Ush1 wrote: »
    This is getting boring. Someone should tell the newly elected TDs singing The Wolftones and shouting up the RA that it wasn't about a UI.

If you believe SF got as much support as they did on the promise of a UI, you're not worth taking seriously.
    I suspect this was another little snidey remark at the expensive of your credibility.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Sure there'll be a few team mongos who are more interested in their party than the country, but they don't want to genuinely discuss anything any way. It's all about digs and one-up-manship which can be fun on occasion when in context TBF.

Fraud because you are only trying to score points.

I answered your question even though it didn't relate to my comment. Bit of a ninja edit, in before the bell, so you may have missed it. Basically I know SF have baggage. It's to be expected. I've no interest in mentioning it every time I post on anything.

This would be an example of your fraud. Pretending you want to discuss when you only want to get in digs. If FG were any good myself and others would have given them a vote. That's the harsh FG reality.

I don't think you understand what the word fraud means, and Infairness for the most part , you are either throwing out hollow answers , deflecting or just outright **** slinging , your on about scoring point ? Points for what ?

Calling everyone and anyone Mongo's frauds and liars that aren't on the same hymn sheet as you.

All the while writing off the negatives of SF as " Abit of baggage" lol that's a stretch even for those that want to believe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

If you believe SF got as much support as they did on the promise of a UI, you're not worth taking seriously.
    I suspect this was another little snidey remark at the expensive of your credibility.

You really are missing the point of this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Folks I think this will help solve the impasse

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

And we pivot again...like a drunken ballerina.

SF only want to be in opposition...now they would do anything for power.

They do at the moment, but they have little choice now thier surprise increase has shocked them, they might never be as high again. The electorate might never be as gullible again.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Every politician in Ireland, good, bad or indifferent needs a clap on the back for having to listen to barstool politician gobshi+es like us here.

They do at the moment, but they have little choice now thier surprise increase has shocked them, they might never be as high again. The electorate might never be as gullible again.

And the 'electorate' might have realised it is actually the power broker in the country.

That's why the result is called 'seismic'.

Who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I think that is a little bit unfair on the electorate. Sf's vote is one of disillusionment by voters of the traditional duopoly. SF I think need to get into government for their own sake. Their will be anger if they don't. If they make a balls of being in government then they will be slaughtered for it. I think their best outcome would be another election on the basis no government can be formed.
    I'm expecting Fianna Fail to go into government with them. If so the question of Taoiseach could be interesting.

I don't think you understand what the word fraud means, and Infairness for the most part , you are either throwing out hollow answers , deflecting or just outright **** slinging , your on about scoring point ? Points for what ?

Calling everyone and anyone Mongo's frauds and liars that aren't on the same hymn sheet as you.

All the while writing off the negatives of SF as " Abit of baggage" lol that's a stretch even for those that want to believe...

Yep spot on sure I have said all these things to Matt Barrett myself.

This is a fella who can't see any wrong in SF one of the indoctrinated.

He also voted Aengus Ó Snodaigh who had his cronies spying in the dail back in 2004. They were convicted

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/paul-williams-ira-spy-ring-watching-leinster-house-holds-the-key-to-sinn-feins-outlook-34309820.html

O'Snodaigh the fella who makes good use of the dail printers (2012)

https://web.archive.org/web/20120301073302/http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0228/osnodaigha.html

Yet Matt Barrett AOS and SF supporter shouts fraud and liar at everyone else.....

O'Snodaigh is also a man who compared Alan Shatter to Goebbels! Comparing a Jewish man to a Nazi 2009. Stay classy Aengus!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fg-leader-demands-nazi-jibe-retraction-26505874.html

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

holyhead wrote: »
    I think that is a little bit unfair on the electorate. Sf's vote is one of disillusionment by voters of the traditional duopoly. SF I think need to get into government for their own sake. Their will be anger if they don't. If they make a balls of being in government then they will be slaughtered for it. I think their best outcome would be another election on the basis no government can be formed.
    I'm expecting Fianna Fail to go into government with them. If so the question of Taoiseach could be interesting.

Like the infamous Spring Tide that sunk the Labour Party. Different times niw, youth more inclined to vote and more clued-in, researching candidates.

False representation. 'Fraud' is handier.
    Not everyone, just people who are more interested in their party than the country or discussing the country. It's explained in the same comment.
    Comrade, you've not once spoke on policy it's all armchair psychology and smart arsery.
    At this point I don't even care if you have a comment on how the British view us and our election in relation to Brexit.

Ush1 wrote: »
    You really are missing the point of this thread.

Ignoring discussion to get the shinners? Pretty sad thread.

• Advertisement

What boggles my mind is the hold on power that Adams/McGuinness had on the leadership of SF for so long. I can't recall anyone sticking their head above the parapet to replace either. Obviously given the stunning election result here in the republic I don't expect Mary Lou to be challenged anytime soon. But it will be interesting to see if she is eventually challenged. Not a lot is known about how SF operate. What influence does Adams have in the party now? Is Mary Lou an actual leader or a more acceptable front for Adams?

While SF understandably bask in electoral glory they will be under the spotlight like never before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Gynoid wrote: »
    Gerry Adams as late as 2018 said violent tactics can be justified in certain cases.

So should the Irish have written a strongly worded letter to the British state in 1918 as opposed to taking up arms against them? Bearing in mind that the War of Independence only came about after repeated attempts to solve the home rule issue through the legislative process were blocked for one reason or another by the British government?

Yep spot on sure I have said all these things to Matt Barrett myself.

This is a fella who can't see any wrong in SF one of the indoctrinated.

He also voted Aengus Ó Snodaigh who had his cronies spying in the dail back in 2004. They were convicted

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/paul-williams-ira-spy-ring-watching-leinster-house-holds-the-key-to-sinn-feins-outlook-34309820.html

O'Snodaigh the fella who makes good use of the dail printers (2012)

https://web.archive.org/web/20120301073302/http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0228/osnodaigha.html

Yet Matt Barrett AOS and SF supporter shouts fraud and liar at everyone else.....

O'Snodaigh is also a man who compared Alan Shatter to Goebbels! Comparing a Jewish man to a Nazi 2009. Stay classy Aengus!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fg-leader-demands-nazi-jibe-retraction-26505874.html

If you stopped lying I wouldn't call you a liar.
    I highlighted two lies for you there.

Lads you got shown the door. Dry your eyes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Not everyone, just people who are more interested in their party than the country or discussing the country. It's explained in the same comment.
    Comrade, you've not once spoke on policy it's all armchair psychology and smart arsery.
    At this point I don't even care if you have a comment on how the British view us and our election in relation to Brexit.

How can you speak policy with someone that deems anything that goes against there views as a "waste of time " remember the first comment when I attempted to engage in discussing the current agenda , and your retort was it's a waste of time ECT fraud ect?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Sorry Matt wrong again two of O'Snodaigh's henchmen were convicted

Bennett was a former secretary of a south Dublin Sinn Féin cumann. Bennett and Donohoe were found guilty of membership of the IRA, an illegal organisation in the Republic of Ireland, and sentenced each to four years in prison.

Niall Bennett (aka Binead) and Keith Donohoe, who both held dual membership of Sinn Féin and the IRA, were involved in the spying operation targeting several politicians, including three former Ministers for Justice.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/sinn-fein-men-jailed-for-ira-membership-1.1168054

Also you have said nothing negative in this thread against SF, and your previous post above proves it.

Deny deflect and now you call liar!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,563 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Candidate, not candidates. Still he was a gob****e for doing it.
    Investors always watch potential new governments and policies. Democracy has to be blind to such considerations as to the feelings of investors though.

Raise you a “go ****e against a “prole”.

Lads you got shown the door. Dry your eyes.

What you did was highlight two truths as lies.

1) two of AOS cronies were convicted and served four years = true.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/sinn-fein-men-jailed-for-ira-membership-1.1168054

2) You do not say anything negative about SF = true. (see number 1 as reference)

Was it the bould Aengus doing all the printing?

holyhead wrote: »
    Was it the bould Aengus doing all the printing?

That was implied Mary Lou said he did not know it was that expensive 50k of ink used over two years..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

"Comrade"= Useful idiot

Advertisement