Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

No need to, just the same old worn out rhetoric prevalent for the last four years.

Same old same old...you got an alleged problem.... grow a pair an instead of trundling out the same old rubbish, get out and sort it.

Your lot have been claiming you can for long enough.

Time to come out from under your slates.

Not worthy of a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Sure didn't Mary Lou say the lads in oz and NZ will come back to build the houses for the forever home brigade because they just will!!

Of course they will....

And where will they live while their building these houses??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Builders.
    Who is building houses currently? The capacity to build is an issue if houses are built publicly or privately, but at least when the government builds houses they own the asset instead of housing lining the pockets of banks and builders and 100% of those houses can go to satisfy the growing housing shortage among the social welfare dependent that are costing massive money to house in temporary accommodation.

And who will build the houses for the people who want mortgages and pay their own way in life?

Sure they done matter do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Builders.
    Who is building houses currently? The capacity to build is an issue if houses are built publicly or privately, but at least when the government builds houses they own the asset instead of housing lining the pockets of banks and builders and 100% of those houses can go to satisfy the growing housing shortage among the social welfare dependent that are costing massive money to house in temporary accommodation.

Maybe you had an issue reading the first time

Yes try again

The country does not have enough tradesmen at the moment to provide the private market so which “builder” are going to suddenly appear for the public sector?

You seem to have forgot to answer the section about land sold off cheap? Could you point me
    In that direction?

Who is paying for all these houses you are building and buying land for? Also the maintenance as the people who standard rent these houses don’t keep them in greatest standard, rent is another issue. SF know all about not paying rent as well.,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Yes try again

The country does not have enough tradesmen at the moment to provide the private market so which “builder” are going to suddenly appear for the public sector?

You seem to have forgot to answer the section about land sold off cheap? Could you point me
    In that direction?

Who is paying for all these houses you are building and buying land for? Also the maintenance as the people who standard rent these houses don’t keep them in greatest standard, rent is another issue. SF know all about not paying rent as well.,,,,

Seems to have more issues than reading, it seems to me.

Lot of the same hackneyed puff being pumped out.

Seems to forget the ball is now in their court.

• Advertisement

Yes try again

In that direction?

Already answered.
    If you think FFG can maintain their approach to housing in an effort to resolve a crisis that has only worsened Ten fold under their watch you need to look up the dictionary definition of stupidity.

Already answered.
    If you think FFG can maintain their approach to housing in an effort to resolve a crisis that has only worsened Ten fold under their watch you need to look up the dictionary definition of stupidity.

haha....just ignore the fact that the country hasn't enough tradesmen to build private houses but they will suddenly appear to build private and public houses :P

So how will you hire tradesmen from private builders? give them more money than the private builder? so drive up the cost of building the houses for the government?

Which in turn will drive up the cost of private housing, which will overheat the economy and BOOM.....

I have no need for snide little comments.....

Still waiting on the confirmation of this cheap land sold off to builders.....Im sure it is coming anytime now

Seems to have more issues than reading, it seems to me.

Lot of the same hackneyed puff being pumped out.

Seems to forget the ball is now in their court.

Pure fantasy land, but sure everything from SF is in fantasy land.....clown posting all over facebook about how SF "won" the election....absolute idiots

Pure fantasy land, but sure everything from SF is in fantasy land.....clown posting all over facebook about how SF "won" the election....absolute idiots

Well and truly exposed S, and notice how quiet those bullhorn boys have gone.

Not so much air in their tyres now.

Well and truly exposed S, and notice how quiet those bullhorn boys have gone.

Not so much air in their tyres now.

It’s not hard to pick holes, the holes are the size of Grand Canyon

Still open Facebook this evening and you have the same SF propaganda floating around from the same clowns!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

If FG are going into opposition and FF reluctant to go into government it's hard not to see another general election coming down the track soon.

holyhead wrote: »
    If FG are going into opposition and FF reluctant to go into government it's hard not to see another general election coming down the track soon.

Well doing the round now is 100000 SF voters want to march to stop a FF/FG government....nobody told the clowns FG doesn’t want it either

It looks like deflection isn’t working anymore for SF and they will have to step up....

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

nobody told the clowns FG doesn’t want it either

Until the parliamentary meeting next week that is.

Until the parliamentary meeting next week that is.

The 6 hour one they had today you mean and said they would go into opposition???

The 6 hour one they had today you mean and said they would go into opposition???

The statement released from it which says that is the position until the parliamentary party meets next week again.
    There will be no negotiations on a Programme for Government without a further mandate from the parliamentary party", which will meet again next week.

Another 4/5 years of FFG so.
    Another lot of homeless people dying in tents along the canals and in public parks while banks who make millions and received a public bailout don’t pay any tax.
    Grannies on trolleys in the most over crowded health system we have ever had.
    Kids living in hotel rooms.

And people are happy for this to happen.

A few of the childish keyboard warriors on here need to realize they have the most to gain by housing becoming affordable, when they hit 40 the desire to move out of mommy’s basement might be a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Another 4/5 years of FFG so. Another lot of homeless people dying in tents along the canals and in public parks while banks who make millions and received a public bailout don’t pay any tax. Grannies on trolleys in the most over crowded health system we have ever had. Kids living in hotel rooms.

Not absolute yet, with fg not playing ball, we could be heading back to the ballot boxes, oh and some people simply don't care about the grievances you mentioned, so you're probably wasting your energy

Another lot of homeless people dying in tents along the canals and in public parks while banks who make millions and received a public bailout don’t pay any tax.

A few of the childish keyboard warriors on here need to realize they have the most to gain by housing becoming affordable, when they hit 40 the desire to move out of mommy’s basement might be a possibility.

More of the usual trite hackneyed rhetoric which is now stale and tiresome.

Usual irrelevant sound bites, and statements which are not true.

SF have been shown up as ‘paper tigers’ all mouth and no will to try to take power.

The rest of the so called ‘left’ much more interested in shouting from the opposition benches whilst trousering huge wedges whilst taking no responsibility.

Reality check needed....Fg will not be kicking boys for these tools any longer.

I see you read the SF propaganda , I would welcome any party who has a solid plan to resolve these problems but that ain’t SF, the manifesto is just a load of numbers fired down to sound good but no way to pay for them

FG has also started building houses and I ain’t a fan of FG, you seem to think that SF can suddenly magic up land and builders, then we will have loads of free houses to hand to people. You do realize lots of people in Dublin in temp accommodation have been offered house etc but they turn down because they want it in a specific area in the city....building 20,000 houses in the wrong area and 19000 will stay empty

As I have said I want to see SF come into power because they can show exactly what they are....based on an educated guess it will be a disaster but I doubt they will go into power, Mary Lou and the rest are running away and pointing finger at everyone else....that’s the SF I know

PS if your living in your parents till 40 then it doesn’t matter who takes over that ain’t going to change.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I've worked in health for many years now. The notion that SF, or indeed anybody else, can make any sort of discernible difference in a short timeframe is so completely out of touch it's crazy. It will take 10 years of joined up thinking to even start to make any change. 1000 extra consultants? From where? We badly need a broadly agreed plan like Slaintecare that is signed up to by all and makes a proper 10 year plan.

• Advertisement

I've worked in health for many years now. The notion that SF, or indeed anybody else, can make any sort of discernible difference in a short timeframe is so completely out of touch it's crazy. It will take 10 years of joined up thinking to even start to make any change. 1000 extra consultants? From where? We badly need a broadly agreed plan like Slaintecare that is signed up to by all and makes a proper 10 year plan.

Agreed

SF will come up and do f**k all because they have no plan, throw nurses and doctor at it, problem I see is where are these doctors? Hanging around the job centre with the rest of the SF vote? Don’t think so

So it’s all bluster with nothing to back it up

More of the usual trite hackneyed rhetoric which is now stale and tiresome.

Usual irrelevant sound bites, and statements which are not true.

SF have been shown up as ‘paper tigers’ all mouth and no will to try to take power.

The rest of the so called ‘left’ much more interested in shouting from the opposition benches whilst trousering huge wedges whilst taking no responsibility.

Reality check needed....Fg will not be kicking boys for these tools any longer.

It’s an interesting “reality” you live in.

If it only takes 10 years to resolve the problems why haven’t FFG done that in their 100 years of power?

I see you read the SF propaganda , I would welcome any party who has a solid plan to resolve these problems but that ain’t SF, the manifesto is just a load of numbers fired down to sound good but no way to pay for them

FG has also started building houses and I ain’t a fan of FG, you seem to think that SF can suddenly magic up land and builders, then we will have loads of free houses to hand to people. You do realize lots of people in Dublin in temp accommodation have been offered house etc but they turn down because they want it in a specific area in the city....building 20,000 houses in the wrong area and 19000 will stay empty

As I have said I want to see SF come into power because they can show exactly what they are....based on an educated guess it will be a disaster but I doubt they will go into power, Mary Lou and the rest are running away and pointing finger at everyone else....that’s the SF I know

PS if your living in your parents till 40 then it doesn’t matter who takes over that ain’t going to change.....

FG aren’t building any houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

FG aren’t building any houses.

Lies. I saw Eoghan Murphy and Paschal on a site outside Glanmire last week working a cement mixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

87 seats to resolve all those...oh wait they couldn’t be arsed. Rather than dance with ten year olds. Than form a government.
    You’d swear The whinger brigade almost want another 5 years of FG. Why would that be I wonder?

road_high wrote: »
    The whinger brigade

Seems that is what everyone wants to be...in opposition and whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

SF and PBP/Solidarity/labour/SOC Dems are all too far apart on key issues to form a government.

SF states in the manifesto they want corporation tax to remain at 12.5%. PBP would raise that through to roof.

SF states they want tax cuts,while labour is prioritising spending increases rather than tax cuts.

They are just two issues which make a government of the left not sustainable. That's without the Parish Pump independents wanting a hospital, secondary school and motorways in every small village they represent.

Both FF and FG have stated before the election they would not go into government with SF. That needs to be respected too. As over 40% of the electorate could have voted that way to stop SF led government.

The grand coalition idea is practically the only one that could work but both FF and FG would have to swing left on some policies to survive the next election and that is where the fear is.

Does anybody want to govern with the current numbers ? I don't think so. All three major parities would love to govern but with more seats then they currently have.

Another election withing 6 months is inevitable at this stage I feel.

So it’s all very well for ff or FG to coalesce. But not for the other 87 precious princesses. Wtf are there’s people doing in Dáil Éireann ?

• Advertisement

Seems that is what everyone wants to be...in opposition and whinging.

Well sf would know. They’ve never been anything else. Even when they ”win” elections. An utter pack of jokers

Advertisement