Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

road_high wrote: »
    Well sf would know. They’ve never been anything else. Even when they ”win” elections. An utter pack of jokers

Get yourself a safe room somewhere and then imagine yourself into this country without an 'opposition' and what it would have become. You might want to install a panic button too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Idbatterim wrote: »
    this is bull****, its all about choices! want to cut pension age down to 65? no problem, dont increase the weekly pension by E25 over the next 5 years as proposed by FFG. So increasing the current rate is sustainable and good practice, but freezing it and brining it back down 65 isnt?
    Whats the cost difference?

Reducing to 65 will cost €368M a year (Note that FF costed the same thing to twice that)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Yurt! wrote: »
    Lies. I saw Eoghan Murphy and Paschal on a site outside Glanmire last week working a cement mixer.

Them two donkeys couldn’t mix muck.

piplip87 wrote: »
    SF and PBP/Solidarity/labour/SOC Dems are all too far apart on key issues to form a government.

SF states in the manifesto they want corporation tax to remain at 12.5%. PBP would raise that through to roof.

SF states they want tax cuts,while labour is prioritising spending increases rather than tax cuts.

They are just two issues which make a government of the left not sustainable. That's without the Parish Pump independents wanting a hospital, secondary school and motorways in every small village they represent.

Both FF and FG have stated before the election they would not go into government with SF. That needs to be respected too. As over 40% of the electorate could have voted that way to stop SF led government.

The grand coalition idea is practically the only one that could work but both FF and FG would have to swing left on some policies to survive the next election and that is where the fear is.

Does anybody want to govern with the current numbers ? I don't think so. All three major parities would love to govern but with more seats then they currently have.

Another election withing 6 months is inevitable at this stage I feel.

Wrong. Just simply wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Get yourself a safe room somewhere and then imagine yourself into this country without an 'opposition' and what it would have become. You might want to install a panic button too.

Seems SF want to be in permanent ‘opposition’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I apologise for leaving out the PBP/Solidarity

PBP would increase it due to needs of the nation..While Solidarity would double it to to 25%. As for RISE Mr Murphy would :Break with Ireland’s corporate tax haven model of development - abolish corporate tax breaks, double the corporation tax rate

So there is plenty of truth in it..

https://news.pbp.ie/policies/economic-policy/

If that does’t frighten one, I don’t know what will!!

Nothing in that about increasing corporation tax rate.

piplip87 wrote: »
    I apologise for leaving out the PBP/Solidarity

PBP would increase it due to needs of the nation..While Solidarity would double it to to 25%. As for RISE Mr Murphy would :Break with Ireland’s corporate tax haven model of development - abolish corporate tax breaks, double the corporation tax rate

So there is plenty of truth in it..

PBP have never said anything about increasing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

They’re the dudes who want to stop tradespeople working for themselves - they called it the scourge of self-employment; and make them work in a state owned construction company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Nothing in that about increasing corporation tax rate.
    There is - on Page 4.
    https://news.pbp.ie/policies/economic-policy/4/

While everyone here bemoans the ability of SF to deliver on their manifesto, therefore justifying why they shouldn’t be given an opportunity to change things I’m just going to leave this Here.....

https://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/2358184/original/?width=630&version=2358184

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

While everyone here bemoans the ability of SF to deliver on their manifesto, therefore justifying why they shouldn’t be given an opportunity to change things I’m just going to leave this Here.....

The road to Health is paved with good intentions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

is_that_so wrote: »
    The road to Health is paved with good intentions!

The road to power is paved with lies.

Didn't you know that fulfilling manifesto's is for the little people Lawrence, sure 'who reads manifesto's' as Regina might say?

Ahh the SF way, throw mud

The only reference we can show for SF in any sort of power is in Northern Ireland. It was over 1,000 days without a government in Northern Ireland mostly due to petty tactics by SF.....

I am no fan of FG and they wasted the opp they had but instead of firing mud why don't you stick up an image of something good SF have done?

The road to power is paved with lies.

More auld hackneyed doggerel.

Everybody is a ‘liar, or ‘corrupt’ except of course those with the bullhorns and the placards.

More auld hackneyed doggerel.

Everybody is a ‘liar, or ‘corrupt’ except of course those with the bullhorns and the placards.

Do you use hackneyed in every post?

Shefwedfan wrote: »

The only reference we can show for SF in any sort of power is in Northern Ireland. It was over 1,000 days without a government in Northern Ireland mostly due to petty tactics by SF.....

I am no fan of FG and they wasted the opp they had but instead of firing mud why don't you stick up an image of something good SF have done?

You are very badly read on politics.

• Advertisement

:D:D:D Petty tactics?

Brilliant! The Indo will be marking you as a successful convert anyhow.

Do you use hackneyed in every post?

Only when it’s hackneyed,a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I've worked in health for many years now. The notion that SF, or indeed anybody else, can make any sort of discernible difference in a short timeframe is so completely out of touch it's crazy. It will take 10 years of joined up thinking to even start to make any change. 1000 extra consultants? From where? We badly need a broadly agreed plan like Slaintecare that is signed up to by all and makes a proper 10 year plan.

Yes, it will take a long time to fix the problems that the PDs, FF, FG have caused in the health service over the years.

One thing's for sure though. FFG certainly aren't going to bother their arses trying. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Tony EH wrote: »
    Yes, it will take a long time to fix the problems that the PDs, FF, FG have caused in the health service over the years.

One thing's for sure though. FFG certainly aren't going to bother their arses trying. ;)

And how is SF going to fix it?
    Especially to fill empty consultant paid with their plan to tax consultants even more.

You are very badly read on politics.

Yes the original issue was the wood pellets

But shutting down the government for 3 years and arguing over the Irish language, what else would you classify it but petty?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/10/pressure-mounts-northern-irish-parties-restore-power-sharing-sinn-fein-dup

At the core of the deal proposed by the British and Irish governments is the creation of two new “language commissioners” as part of a cultural plan to put Gaelic on a par with English while protecting Ulster British culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yes the original issue was the wood pellets

But shutting down the government for 3 years and arguing over the Irish language, what else would you classify it but petty?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/10/pressure-mounts-northern-irish-parties-restore-power-sharing-sinn-fein-dup

At the core of the deal proposed by the British and Irish governments is the creation of two new “language commissioners” as part of a cultural plan to put Gaelic on a par with English while protecting Ulster British culture.

The tax payer being ripped off might not mean much to Fine Gael, but it ain't petty.

And how is SF going to fix it?
    Especially to fill empty consultant paid with their plan to tax consultants even more.

You accept FF/FG have zero intention. Welcome on-board.

Bowie wrote: »
    The tax payer being ripped off might not mean much to Fine Gael, but it ain't petty.

Did I say FG done a good job

I would like some of SF supporters instead of slinging mud to post something good SF has done, anything.

What have they done in Northern Ireland or the South that has made a difference?

Did I say FG done a good job

I would like some of SF supporters instead of slinging mud to post something good SF has done, anything.

What have they done in Northern Ireland or the South that has made a difference?

Not a supporter, prefer them to FF/FG.
    They've not been in here. I like their intent to build social housing.
    No mud in calling out FF/FG.
    In the North they represented people without a voice and fought to get them that voice. They did more than FF/FG or Lab etc. for the Irish up there.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »

I didn’t realise Michael Mc Dowell, Bertie, Noel Dempsey, Enda Kenny, The Ringer,etc...etc... all worked in hospitals..........verrry interesting.

Were there no medical staff and managers and Unions,and consultants and stuff?

Had they no input into anything?

Strange the private hospitals by a and large seem to work tickety boo?

Advertisement