Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live rte on smart tv

• 09-02-2020 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Have my smart tv. Rte player app pre installed. Cannot see an option for live stream on the app??

Have tried to go to rte player on internet on the tv and while the ads will play it then stops and doesn't actually play live tv. Want to watch the election results

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Likely needs to be updated either from the app store or the firmware on the tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭unhappyBB

Rte Android TV app can't stream live TV. Well the one I got on the play store can't anyway. I have to use the phone app and cast it to the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Almost sure you can't get live on android. Live works through windows but is generally so laggy that it is impossible to watch.

Glad to see our hard earned money going towards the TV licence well spent:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Thanks for replies. All up to date and still not working. Seems no life option on smart tv app. No live tv from accessing rte player from browser on smart tv, although the ads did play.
    Worst tv player ever. I ended up watching it on my android phone app

Advertisement