Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rifle League Practice Match 22Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Story with semi auto rifles?Seems they wont be welcome,just yet,as there is no class for them or at this competition,going by the FB site??:confused::confused:

Why not just leave it open to every type at the moment to get folks shooting first in a" run what you brung" calibre class?Then when sorted internationally move them to their own class?:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Story with semi auto rifles?Seems they wont be welcome,just yet,as there is no class for them or at this competition,going by the FB site??:confused::confused:

Why not just leave it open to every type at the moment to get folks shooting first in a" run what you brung" calibre class?Then when sorted internationally move them to their own class?:confused:
    The rules are for the League table.
    If you want to run your Ar during a match you can, but you would not be on the League table.
    If i was to take a solid guess as to why it is Bolt rifle only for the international. Some countries would not have access to semi auto centrefires, excluding them from competing in the 2021 words.
    So they are keeping the league in line with the international rule set
    I have amended the rifle divisions wording.
    All instances of “Rifle” refer to a standard bolt action or straight-pull rifle, Not gas or blowback operated rifles or rifle converted from such receivers
    The aforementioned Class of rifle can shoot the match, but for now will not be entered in the League Scoring Table

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ziggieire wrote: »
    The rules are for the League table.
    If you want to run your Ar during a match you can, but you would not be on the League table.
    If i was to take a solid guess as to why it is Bolt rifle only for the international. Some countries would not have access to semi auto centrefires, excluding them from competing in the 2021 words.
    So they are keeping the league in line with the international rule set
    I have amended the rifle divisions wording.

No prob,thats grand.So long as we can shoot a match for a start.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement