Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a car in the Uk, payment methods

• 09-02-2020 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Right so I’m buying a car in the Uk, private sale and the seller won’t take cash. A bank transfer can take a few days correct? So that’s off the table. Would a bank draft be the best option? How long do they take to clear and I assume it being guaranteed should negate any delays really.

The seller doesn’t have revolut or anything similar either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

jordanfaf wrote: »
    Right so I’m buying a car in the Uk, private sale and the seller won’t take cash. A bank transfer can take a few days correct? So that’s off the table. Would a bank draft be the best option? How long do they take to clear and I assume it being guaranteed should negate any delays really.

Use revolut to transfer to their UK account

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭jordanfaf

Use revolut to transfer to their UK account

That’s the same as a regular transfer I think. It’s only instant between 2 Revolut accounts

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

It is very strange that someone will not take cash... do you know this person well? How is it got to work? You transfer the cash and then you get the car or the other way around...

That’s the same as a regular transfer I think. It’s only instant between 2 Revolut accounts

Nope, I regularly send money to my UK account from revolut and the longest it has ever taken is 5 minutes

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

As long as their UK bank account is with one of the major banks that support Faster Payments, a GBP transfer from Revolut should be near-instantaneous during business hours.

• Advertisement

Thats very strange. i just got off a web chat with revolut customer service who said it would take up to 3 business days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Dont mean to divert the thread, but are you aware of the new NOX levy on top of VRT now?

May not be relevant to you, but be aware of it anyway.

Thats very strange. i just got off a web chat with revolut customer service who said it would take up to 3 business days

They say that to cover themselves

Dont mean to divert the thread, but are you aware of the new NOX levy on top of VRT now?

May not be relevant to you, but be aware of it anyway.

I am yes, its a beefy petrol engine so capped at 600...

They say that to cover themselves

I see, I cant really take the risk i feel tho!. If i get there and it does end up taking a few hours even ill miss my return ferry!

I was hoping a bank draft would be similar to lodging cash as it is a pre approved cheque!

• Advertisement

I see, I cant really take the risk i feel tho!. If i get there and it does end up taking a few hours even ill miss my return ferry!

I was hoping a bank draft would be similar to lodging cash as it is a pre approved cheque!

I've just sent myself what was change was in my GBP revolut account to my UK account to test it and it arrived instantly

Advertisement