Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SINN FEIN - 24% - IRELAND'S BIGGEST PARTY ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Who will form a coallition with SF?
    PBP-Solidarity? Independents?
    Will FF change their minds+ sit down with them?

Without a shadow of a doubt they will, despite vehemently saying otherwise before the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

SF wouldn't be able to repeat this performance. No substance to the majority of their TDs so far. Just the SF brand.

Sorry you are wrong. Plenty of substance and young people are turning to turn in droves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

It's time to emmigrate. To Syria. Or Zimbabwe. A group of terrorist thugs now possibly the largest party in the country. What does that say about the youth of today?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It's time to emmigrate. To Syria. Or Zimbabwe. A group of terrorist thugs now possibly the largest party in the country. What does that say about the youth of today?

....that they did the exact same as their great grandparents and grandparents? A "group of terrorist thugs" founded the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,779 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Slan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

FG 1
    FF 1
    SF 22
    Lab 0
    GP 2
    IND 3

29/160 seats filled so far, a ways to go but certainly grim enough reading.

Odhinn wrote: »
    ....that they did the exact same as their great grandparents and grandparents? A "group of terrorist thugs" founded the state.

And the latest thugs will run it into the ground. It will be interesting to see how they'll fund all these election promises...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Odhinn wrote: »

It wasn’t Sinn Fein/IRA that founded the state. Sinn Fein/IRA murdered innocent men, women, and children. They have blood on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's time to emmigrate. To Syria. Or Zimbabwe. A group of terrorist thugs now possible the largest party in the country. What does that say about the youth of today?

That they've had enough of things such as, 'keep the recovery going' etc, I think everyone needs to relax anyway, sf aren't in government yet, expect the shanaigans to begin soon between ffg, even if SF get into government, they probably won't be able to implement half of their manifesto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    That they've had enough of things such as, 'keep the recovery going' etc, I think everyone needs to relax anyway, sf aren't in government yet, expect the shanaigans to begin soon between ffg, even if SF get into government, they probably won't be able to implement half of their manifesto

I would imagine the national question will be front and centre of any potential programme for government.

• Advertisement

I mean, Dessie Ellis ffs. A gangster of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

What do you mean by gangster exactly ?

It says that the Labor, FF and FG parties got bland and comfortable, SF worked hard on the ground and the young voter, being young, truly don’t know what the forthcoming nightmare of having the puppets of rabid, selfish and violent individuals in government will really be like. Their parents didn’t do a great job of reminding them... SF get in, getting the fûckers legally out might be a job, the following election might be erm, dodgy.

What do you mean by gangster exactly ?

Sorry, I meant terrorist scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I can understand that but did they not do their own polling since?
    Why did Eoin O'Broin have a running mate if they were being cautious?

Because the running mate is a sitting TD, having won the by election last year for Frances Fitzgerald's old seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I reckon aload of the SF candidates are saying "what do we do now", probably shocked at the numbers they are getting!

I reckon aload of the FF/FG candidates are saying "what do we do now", probably shocked at the numbers they are getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

And the latest thugs will run it into the ground. It will be interesting to see how they'll fund all these election promises...:rolleyes:

We'll see.

It wasn’t Sinn Fein/IRA that founded the state. Sinn Fein/IRA murdered innocent men, women, and children. They have blood on their hands.

It was a different Sinn Fein and a different IRA, but if you think they were saints who committed no wrong and didn't have "blood on their hands" you're very much mistaken. Armed struggle is like all war - mistakes are made, atrocities committed and so on. You should read up on the likes of Frank Aiken etc.

SF wouldn't be able to repeat this performance. No substance to the majority of their TDs so far. Just the SF brand.

Yeah because the FF/FG muppets are full of substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Absolutely disgusting . I’m not a fan of any particular political party so the shinners can call me a blue shirt or whatever to their hearts content. They have presided over a train wreck in the north with record homelessness and a awful housing situation. They are scum, who don’t care about murdering innocent people. Their fanboys say it was a different time. Well I still remember and I’m in my thirties. And I know families that are still in pain from their innocent relatives being tortured and murdered.

That doesn’t seem to matter though . I thought Ireland had turned a corner bringing in gay marriage etc but this sickens me and I wonder what sort of people we have in this country. Any body who does an honest days work for a living may as well emigrate cos we’re done for.

Ireland - shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Because the running mate is a sitting TD, having won the by election last year for Frances Fitzgerald's old seat.

Yes, of course, sorry I forgot that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Do you want any help booking your flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Something that could suit Sinn Fein, would be to form a coalition with either FF or FG for 6 months, then throw a hissy fit over something populist, cause another election and run more candidates.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    You do realise that SF won’t actually help the working person? All they care about is providing ‘foreva homes’ for the work shy.

Do you realise who has invested in these vulture funds? Do you have a pension, if you do, I can guarantee you that a significant part of that is invested in REITs.

Yeah we get it, you might lose a few hundred on your pension.

Who cares about people who can't afford somewhere to live! Wasters yeah, they should concentrate on their pension funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Do you want any help booking your flight?

Typical shinner response. Full of class

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ireland - shame on you.

Oh ffs, relax, a government hasn't been formed yet, people have just expressed their anger, frustrations and fears, in a democratic manner, we could very well be heading back to the ballot boxes soon, who knows

Topped the 50-65 age first choice ;)

I know several in his constituency and for years by all accounts he’s done excellent work on the ground at constituency level, a family member can verify this too knowing him since childhood and living in said constituency... didn’t want to vote for him but there you go.

Absolutely disgusting . I’m not a fan of any particular political party so the shinners can call me a blue shirt or whatever to their hearts content. They have presided over a train wreck in the north with record homelessness and a awful housing situation. They are scum, who don’t care about murdering innocent people. Their fanboys say it was a different time. Well I still remember and I’m in my thirties. And I know families that are still in pain from their innocent relatives being tortured and murdered.

That doesn’t seem to matter though . I thought Ireland had turned a corner bringing in gay marriage etc but this sickens me and I wonder what sort of people we have in this country. Any body who does an honest days work for a living may as well emigrate cos we’re done for.

Ireland - shame on you.

Boo hoo hoo :D

What a day for Ireland baby!

People of Ireland - we love you.

19% of seats filled

SF 23
    FF 1
    FG 1
    GP 2
    IND 4

Not looking great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

What does it say about those that opposed them in this election.? ;)

P.S. send us a postcard.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement