Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The time has come.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

No it isn’t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Do what you like.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My brother in law has been wearing heels for years, short arse doesn't think anyone knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Eh......No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

GALVANIZE!!! As in the song ( the time has to come to.... ) but also as in Paul Galvin’s dodgy dress sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

No thanks, I like to walk in comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Don't needs them, I'm 6'4" in my stocking vamps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They look hidesously uncomfortable. The mens' ones also...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Good God no.

Men's shoes are just too good for men to be wearing heels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anyone can wear high heels but walking in them looks to be a different kettle of fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The man in the photo looks very effeminate, I'm not sure it will really catch on somehow ...

You should team up with mr_fegelien, he's spearheading a campaign for men to have the right to wear skirts without ridicule.

And you know what works well with skirts? Heels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The man in the photo looks very effeminate,

I was only thinking it looked like someone photshopped a mans torso and feet onto a womans legs. And no one has mentioned the Ross Geller pants?

I was only thinking it looked like someone photshopped a mans torso and feet onto a womans legs. And no one has mentioned the Ross Geller pants?

Yep, even the posture looks more like a woman's.

Are you tempted yourself? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,833 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah, I'm going to say no.

Possibly fcuk no.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Why not? Share the pain I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Clareman wrote: »
    My brother in law has been wearing heels for years, short arse doesn't think anyone knows
    Cuban?

Naw he is Irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Growing up in the 70's we had platform shoes already.Your just now catching up,lazy on you young ones part,heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

AMKC wrote: »
    Its time for men to embrace how good it feels to wear high heels too,

https://www.italianshoes.com/en/men-heels-danish-designer-believes-the-time-has/

You’re a rare one AMKC that feels good in high heels. Any of my female friends who wear them have said they love them, but they’re absolute death traps -

Fashion’s High Price: How Heels Damage the Body

Yer man in the video just looks silly wearing them IMO, I wouldn’t feel at all comfortable wearing them, don’t see the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Even a man wearing underwear on his head would look better than a man wearing heels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Sorry OP but it's a no from me on this one. And that's as polite as I can put it without getting the mods offside. Best of luck anyway.:)

• Advertisement

Yep, even the posture looks more like a woman's.

Are you tempted yourself? :D

Nah, having played one of Cinderellas sisters in a play years ago, I can attest to how uncomfortable they are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭looksee

High heels were originally invented for men. Initially in Persia, as a way of keeping the foot in a stirrup for soldiers, but then they became a fashion item in Europe for several hundred years, and were not adopted by women till the C17. So its more a matter of 'the time has returned'.

I suppose we technically never got rid of the heel, but rather shortened it. Most 'dress' shoes have a heel, albeit a small one. And the ones the Persians wore were definitely function over form:

9135710-3x2-700x467.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

It's a no from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

I suppose we technically never got rid of the heel, but rather shortened it. Most 'dress' shoes have a heel, albeit a small one. And the ones the Persians wore were definitely function over form:

Those are terrible shoes,could you not find ones more classy?heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I wonder why gender equality requires shoes to cost €400 to €800. With all his talk (link in OP) about equality and opportunity you'd think he would be anxious to share with the people.

I'm 192 cm tall. I don't need to feel taller, and if anything I'd like to be a wee bit shorter. It's always been a bit awkward kissing small women while standing up...

I'm 192 cm tall. I don't need to feel taller, and if anything I'd like to be a wee bit shorter. It's always been a bit awkward kissing small women while standing up...

You should lie down then. :cool:

Your Face wrote: »
    Do what you like.

Especially falling flat on your face at high speed. I actively encourage it.

• Advertisement

You should lie down then. :cool:

ahh yes, because lying down in a public space like a bar or club is really going to work wonders for my image (never mind the damage done by womens' heels walking over me... those things are painful enough when they step backwards on to my feet. ). :D

It’s time to give some eejits a root up the hole.

Men wearing high heels?

They are not men. Men don’t wear high heels.

Muppets.

JayZeus wrote: »

Men wearing high heels?

Muppets.

Correct, there is zero ambiguity in the matter. It eludes only the imbeciles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Men wearing high heels?

Muppets.

Don’t hold back now, what do you really think?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Don’t hold back now, what do you really think?

I think a man who wants to wear high heels is a faulty balled oddball.

Put the village idiot in stocks on the market square and let the crowds blast the weirdo with rotten vegetables.

Medieval measures are called for at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭lucalux

Ah here, why can't men wear whatever the heck they want?! Like the trousers for women thing, once taboo, and now not remarked upon.
    Various forms of skirts and stuff were historically sound for men to wear. Samurai lads come to mind, dresses for all children regardless of gender, or the lovely leggings of the middle ages etc.

I couldn't care less if a guy feels like rocking a mini/midi/maxi skirt or kilt or whatever. The practicality can be a bonus. Have at it i say

Heels are impractical imo but I dont see an issue with fashion changing, you'd swear we never changed!

• Advertisement

Absolute nonsense.

Men need to be men. Dressing like women is not manly.

It’s defective behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

https://www.italianshoes.com/en/men-heels-danish-designer-believes-the-time-has/

Lol look at the wanker in the link, hes a super addition to the species

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭lucalux

Unless you're Marilyn Monroe then some strategic castration is in order.

Just avoid street vents, and/or tuck and tape perhaps?!

How did they manage with kilts, I wonder?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I honestly think most men don't, because they don't want to, but yes the time is now if you do want to. I know of a few with sissy fetishes, a few transvestites and so on. They've been doing it in their own way as publicly or privately as they feel comfortable with for a long time already.

Break the gender whatsitcalled. Go for it. It's not going to meet everyone's approval but you can't please everybody.

It's the ones who say you're not a man who need to engage their brain. That logic is what leads to scandalous situations like what's coming to light re. the 'gender' clinic in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Even women don't like wearing heels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I like heels. Its an art.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

No thanks. I'm quite tall, but more importantly I wouldn't want to look like a big twat.

Then feck off and leave the smaller ones for us smaller men! We haven't a hope with ye heighty types!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

From what I can gather, heels are the predominant reason that otherwise completely sane women, end up walking barefoot down a filthy city street looking for a taxi home! :pac:

If they started the night barefoot instead, they'd arrive home with the same filthy feet... minus the blisters! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

awesome

Then feck off and leave the smaller ones for us smaller men! We haven't a hope with ye heighty types!

I did... I generally live in Asia... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Your Face wrote: »
    Do what you like.
    satanist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

No thanks...

I did... I generally live in Asia... :pac:

Jaysus, you even went to a portion of the world where the average height for men is 5'3"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Men wearing high heels?

Muppets.[/QUOTE.

That's an outdated and small minded way to think. Maybe you should go back to the 50s. I suppose you think women wearing trousers are not women then.
    I think a man who wants to wear high heels is a faulty balled oddball.

I don't. I think you a small minded person who is stuck in the 50s. I suppose you expect a women to make your dinner and do all the housework too. The world has changed. Women work now and wear what they like and so should men.
    Absolute nonsense.

Men need to be men. Dressing like women is not manly.

It’s defective behaviour.

That's an outdated and small minded way to think.

Your defective.

I suppose you think women should be women to and be stuck at home all day tidying the house and making you dinner as well. The world has changed. Women work now and wear what they like and if a man wants to wear tights, high heels and a dress or a skirt I think he should.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement