Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never feel anything..

• 10-02-2020 1:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Could this be a mild form of depression, or maybe anxiety..

I notice myself feeling very empty. As in feelings of excitement or content have gone away that were once there. I find myself thinking back to past times where I was for example going away for a weekend or going on a night out, and I'd genuinely feel excited and looking forward to it.

Nowadays, I don't. I tell myself I'm excited, but I don't feel excited, I don't really feel anything.

I've done many great 'fun' things this year but did I feel genuinely happy or excited to be doing them even though I know I should/would have usually? Nó...

Not sure what's wrong with me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Hey Dartboardio,

Sorry to hear you're feeling in a slump at the moment. This can happen to loads of us and it doesn't automatically mean depression but if you are feeling like this for a while it might be a good idea to chat with your gp. There's lots of ways to beat the blues and these might include talk therapy, some meds or simple lifestyle changes like less booze etc... and more exercise.

Maybe a new passion or person in your life might help too :) maybe chatting with a close mate over coffee about how youre feeling is the first step?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

Sounds like you are just getting old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Lyan wrote: »
    Sounds like you are just getting old?

Well I'm only 21 so!

And yes to the above pp, definitely need some new hobbies or friends. Have isolated myself from many friends and acquaintances so probably the reason why I feel bored or in a rut..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭Tork

Is there any reason why you isolated yourself from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Could this be a mild form of depression, or maybe anxiety..

Mod note:

Please be aware that diagnosis is not permitted on boards.
    OP if you are concerned that you have depression or anxiety, please visit your GP. Nobody online is qualified to diagnose you.

I'll leave the thread open for now, but if it veers into medical advice territory, we'll have to lock the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Tork wrote: »
    Is there any reason why you isolated yourself from them?

No proper reasons no. Just over the last few years I've randomly isolated myself from good friends and just gotten kinda nervous/anxious around people.

Advertisement