Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Army Council: speculation thread

Options
  • 10-02-2020 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

With Sinn Féin in power I’m wondering if we might see an overhauling of the IDF? Does anyone have any insight into what brigade of the Provo IRA will be handed the OC job? I’m wondering if the army will work differently as well and follow structures from the old manual?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Bees Tea wrote: »
    With Sinn Féin in power I’m wondering if we might see an overhauling of the IDF? Does anyone have any insight into what brigade of the Provo IRA will be handed the OC job? I’m wondering if the army will work differently as well and follow structures from the old manual?

SF are a legitimate alternative. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

didnt vote for them but wish them well, if they succeed we all succeed. they'll be under big pressure to deliver "change" however. easier said than done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bees Tea

SF are a legitimate alternative. Get over it.

Were Mary Lou and Michelle elected to party leadership or appointed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I take it you didn't vote Sinn Féin..
    You're so not cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

Not a SF supporter but Christ, wind your neck in and get over it. Legitimate party elected by democratic process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Jesus, if you are going to troll, put some effort into it for god's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

They'll definitely have to install a 'Minister for Salty sweet tears' if the flood of tears up in here is anything to go by.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Were Mary Lou and Michelle elected to party leadership or appointed?

Was Leo elected Taoiseach by the peoole?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Childish idocy has reached new levels. 24% plus of the voters that went out to vote Saturday gave SF their first preference. That's democracy maybe look up the meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Was Leo elected Taoiseach by the people?
    No Taoiseach is elected by the people, the Dail does that.

is_that_so wrote: »
    No Taoiseach is elected by the people, the Dail does that.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

This GIF is going to get worn out.

source.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

As Churchill said the best argument against democracy, is a five minute conversation with the average voter.

I wish them all the best. The people have spoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Gods Gift wrote: »

I wish them all the best. The people have spoken.

How they have brayed ;)

Ah well, full steam ahead. Mostly I hope that somebody somewhere actually does something.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

Sinn Fein did well Saturday but I'm not sure they will have any say about the Israeli army (IDF)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

At this stage they are not "in power"

And yet again we have numerous threads in which Sinn Fein's policies can be discussed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement