Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for information

Options
  • 10-02-2020 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, hoping I can get some advice on the best way to go about buying a bike from a UK dealer with out ever seeing it in person ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭blade1

radeontser wrote: »
    Hi, hoping I can get some advice on the best way to go about buying a bike from a UK dealer with out ever seeing it in person ,

Make sure you're dealing with someone with a good reputation.

I've bought a few bikes without seeing them.
    What do you need to know.
    Ted's Trucking do a good delivery service.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 radeontser

blade1 wrote: »
    Make sure you're dealing with someone with a good reputation.

I've bought a few bikes without seeing them.
    What do you need to know.
    Ted's Trucking do a good delivery service.

Just checking to see was I mad to consider it , looking at a bike on cubo Moto reviews seem good , have you ever heard of them , what's the procedure with payment and the likes ,
    Thanks for the reply

Just checking to see was I mad to consider it , looking at a bike on cubo Moto reviews seem good , have you ever heard of them , what's the procedure with payment and the likes ,
    Thanks for the reply

You'd be mad not to at least consider it before its all too late.
    Never heard of them but I'm sure some info on them can be dug out.
    Care to share the actual bike you want?

You'd be mad not to at least consider it before its all too late.
    Never heard of them but I'm sure some info on them can be dug out.
    Care to share the actual bike you want?

Not sure how to post a link but looking for a fireblade , any I've seen here are either overpriced or had a tough life already

Not sure how to post a link but looking for a fireblade ,

What colour is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Not sure how to post a link but looking for a fireblade , any I've seen here are either overpriced or had a tough life already

Just copy the url and paste it into your reply, if you are restricted from posting urls put spaces in.

I got a bike from the UK several years ago, luckily I had a friend close to the dealer and they had a look at it. When my friend was looking at the bike the dealer said they sold a lot of bikes to Ireland unseen, usually when they sold a bike a few weeks later a load of other orders would come in from the original buyer's friends. Turns out where I bought my Brother in law had recommended also.

I bought from these but it was a long time ago so no idea what they are like now.
    https://www.finsmotorcycles.co.uk/

They got the bike to Holyhead for me, most UK dealers can get delivery to anywhere in Britain, or else you can use the company recommended earlier to get it to Ireland.

Looking at a black edition but they have a couple of bikes that would suit , might just give them a ring and set the ball rolling ,I will give fins motorcycles a look first when I finish work ,again thanks for the replys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GBX wrote: »

Ye that's the one low miles well priced and they know the bike , what do you think very green when it comes to this so any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lovely looking machine.

Incredibly low miles for two owners all the same.

I've bought bike with no sight before again shipped with Ted's. It's about trust , research, trust and getting a good vibe from all of your questions. Use your gut not your heart.

• Advertisement

Milage probably genuine and nothing out of the ordinary on it's one and only m.o.t.
    It is out since August so probably just hasn't been ridden since around then.
    Looks nice although I'd personally prefer the Urban Tiger they have.
    Wouldn't be a fan of that pipewerx can on it either.
    They seem to get positive reviews.

Screenshot-20200210-170521.jpg
    Screenshot-20200210-170551.jpg

Not a fan of the can either but something I can change down the line ,the urban tiger one is really nice but a big jump in price , another company have a Brandshatch Kamikaze model (Japanese rising sun paintwork ) which really like but 4 owners on that one similar mileage.

Not a fan of the can either but something I can change down the line ,the urban tiger one is really nice but a big jump in price , another company have a Brandshatch Kamikaze model (Japanese rising sun paintwork ) which really like but 4 owners on that one similar mileage.

All I can say is buy the bike that you want if you can.

All I can say is buy the bike that you want if you can.

That's probably what I'll end up doing ,just hearing others have done it before makes it a little easier I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Sports bikes are strange beasts in that lots of owners isn't a major issue once they have a full verified history. Plenty of people buy them and realise they aren't for them, the biker demographic is getting older and law enforcement better, so sell them and get something more comfortable that they can use all the power without risking their licence.

Advertisement