Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Channel Quality

Options
  • 10-02-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

Do the virgin chanels and rte news now get broadcast on a poorer quality than others ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Yes. Only RTE 1 and RTE 2 are in HD.
    All others are SD with some less so.

It has been an argument with the independent stations since the days of TV3 - that they should have been obliged to put their HD services on Saorview as the national free platform for the people.

But it wasn't done.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A recent 6 Nations rugby international on TV3 Virgin Media One looked better on my phone's 5.6" screen (via the Virgin Media app) than it did on a 22" TV connected to an aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I was watching Against The Head on RTE2 (not +1) just now and it was very soft looking, to the point where I actually checked the resolution. It was being reported as 1080i by my TV but it really didn't look like it. Even the graphics were soft. Anyone else notice that?

Advertisement