Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture PEEHS - Sport Stars

Options
  • 10-02-2020 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Welcome to Lassykk's Picture PEEHS - Sport Stars

I will leave this open for a couple of weeks and until after EN's TV show reveal so there's no scope for a clash.

For those of you who played the album covers / tv show quiz, this is the same principle but you have to name sport stars, you can jump down to the pics if you want

But if this makes no sense, you need the beginners guide to PEEHS.
    PEEHS is basically like TV's Pointless. You'll get one point for every person who gives the same answer as you, and you want low scores. So you want to deviate from the crowd.

Research isn't allowed - no googling or no image searches

In this quiz you'll see 10 sets of 8 pictures of sport people across various categories of sports, you just have to name one of the sports people - the one you think fewest people will name. I have included some of the most famous from each sport so that everyone should be able to play along even if not that interested in sport itself. I have also included some obscure ones too, some of which I'd be very surprised if anyone gets!

To enter, send me a PM with the list of 10 sport stars (unnumbered please, so I can copy them out easily)

I'll give out answers and scores over the course of an hour or so one day probably after lunch. If you can, it's cool having people on board commenting.

(Apologies to EN but I used most of your text above rather than coming up with my own!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Now on to the sports

These are in order of my preference for the sports too! I don't really have any interest in Golf or Rugby at all but given their popularity I didn't want to ignore. I wanted to include a WWE selection but it's not really a sport so said I'd best leave it out! If there's a tie breaker it will be WWE ;)

Soccer

10-Soccer.jpg

Motorsport

11-Motorsport.jpg

Snooker

14-Snooker.jpg

Tennis

13-Tennis.jpg

Darts

12-Darts.jpg

Athletics

15-Athletics.jpg

GAA

18-GAA.jpg

Boxing/MMA

16-Boxing-MMA.jpg

Rugby

19-Rugby.jpg

Golf

17-Golf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thank feck for the gimme in the GAA or I'd be lost lol

Rikand wrote: »

Tried to leave at least one gimme in each category as I know not everyone is into sport.

I struggled with the TV one myself and needed to rely on my toddler's taste in TV to get me across the line

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Dont know a single player in the gaa, the others Im fine with. Will PM my answers later. Great idea Lassy.

Kolido wrote: »
    Dont know a single player in the gaa, the others Im fine with. Will PM my answers later. Great idea Lassy.

I must admit I didn't know them all myself either - it's the one sport I had to check a couple of images for each player to make sure I wasn't putting up the wrong one!

I have zero interest in Gaelic Football and hurlers wear helmets so that makes recognition a bit trickier!

I know two of the GAA players personally so they could be obscure for people depending on their level of interest in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Great work Lassy :)

lassykk wrote: »
    (Apologies to EN but I used most of your text above rather than coming up with my own!)
    Ha ha, I'll take it as a compliment ;)

Kolido wrote: »
    Dont know a single player in the gaa, the others Im fine with
    Shocking lack of Michael Murphy :p

I wanted to include a WWE selection but it's not really a sport so said I'd best leave it out!
    Boooooo!! Let's go lassy! Lassy sucks!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Rikand wrote: »

There's a gimme in the GAA? And from lassykk's later post, apparently there's one in the rugby too. Not that the knowledge that they're there helps me much.

Zaph wrote: »
    There's a gimme in the GAA? And from lassykk's later post, apparently there's one in the rugby too. Not that the knowledge that they're there helps me much.

I actually meant to come back and ask privately who they thought that was. I reckon there's a couple of easy ones in each category but I suppose if you don't follow a sport at all then they aren't easy at all.

If someone threw up the 8 most famous jockeys in the world I wouldn't pick out any of them!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I actually meant to come back and ask privately who they thought that was. I reckon there's a couple of easy ones in each category but I suppose if you don't follow a sport at all then they aren't easy at all.

If someone threw up the 8 most famous jockeys in the world I wouldn't pick out any of them!

Yeah, horse racing is another one I'd be screwed on too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liking this one, I'm a sports person and know the majority, there is a few faces that I cant recall the name but know the others so will defo get in an entry for this one

• Advertisement

Welcome to Lassykk's Picture PEEHS - Sport Stars

To enter, send me a PM with the list of 8 sport stars (unnumbered please, so I can copy them out easily)

This should be 10 answers yeah?

Trigger wrote: »
    This should be 10 answers yeah?

Crap, there should be sorry. I'll edit the post.

Thanks for copping that

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Answers submitted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

giphy.gif

Just submitted the winning entry there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Know sweet f**k all about sports, but gave it a shot anyway. Answers submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7bu9ZfGkFEMtkhNK/giphy.gif

Just submitted the winning entry there ;)

More like this, I reckon.

giphy.gif

Good number of entries already :)

Lee-Sharpe-MN2-S.png

My pics/gifs are going to be cryptic on occasion - no bonus points on offer but feel free to guess what the number / significance of the person is

Good number of entries already :)

Lee-Sharpe-MN2-S.png

My pics/gifs are going to be cryptic on occasion - no bonus points on offer but feel free to guess what the number / significance of the person is

5 for Sharpie

Good stuff. Thought I might have made it too tricky!

Good stuff. Thought I might have made it too tricky!

:D as someone who grew up watching him at Old Trafford it was pretty easy :pac:

• Advertisement

Trigger wrote: »
    :D as someone who grew up watching him at Old Trafford it was pretty easy :pac:

Was one of my favourite players as a kid!

I'll do another later depending on the numbers at that stage.

Next one will be Motorsport themed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

For anyone who needs some help, here's a tip:

Motorsport, bottom left, is Alan Partridge.

PM sent!

Some cracking entries so far.

One person in particular has picked really well so far and picked up some of my most obscure ones.

There are 2 extremely obscure answers which no one has picked yet though. Be shocked if either were picked to be honest.

Decided to not do a sporting challenge for the number of entries so far as my Motorsport one was going to be based on number of titles people have won and one of the people I was going to use was guessed in one of the entries (incorrectly) so I don't want to be giving people an advantage by putting up pictures with names that they could rule out.

Anyway, we have 11 so far :)

Entry submitted

Slower day yesterday but to be expected

Little challenge for anyone who cares to take it on based on the below - How many entries have we so far

Motorsport.png

Afraid not ;)

Probably to do with how many championships they have between them, Citreon have a few anyways, I'd say McClaren have over 10 so I'll go 15

Too high I'm afraid but you have the right logic!

• Advertisement

Oh I didn’t even look at the pic lol

Advertisement