Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what sportives have you lined up this year?

Options
  • 10-02-2020 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi.

What sportives are you doing this year? i signed up for tour de conamara, tour de burren, tour de beara.

any others that are worth doing?

Comments

Tour de Conemara
    Great Dublin Bike Ride
    Great Belfast Bike Ride (if it happens)
    Wicklow Grandfondo
    Dublin Fire Brigade Cycle
    Carlingford Loop
    Solistice Cycle
    Tour de Boyne Valley

I have an entry for the Maratona in the Dolomites, still debating if I can justify the money

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

For those of you who have already participated in the Tour de Conamara and are itching for a little extra challenge, I can highly recommend Westportif (Westport, Co. Mayo). The route is even more stunning than the Tour de Conamara (if you're prepared to do a little bit of extra climbing that is!). For me its a close run thing between it, the Donegal Bay Spring Sportive and the Reservoir Dog.

...and if you really want to challenge yourself (or question your sanity):

* West Cork Peaks Challenge (Signature Climb: Priests Leap)
    * Leitrim Glens Sportive
    * Blackstairs Cycling Challenge (Signature Climb: 2 x Mount Leinster)
    * Slieve Bloom Extreme Challenge
    * Giants Causeway Coast Sportive (Signature Climb: Torr Head)
    * Man of Sperrin (Signature Climb: Used to be Benbradagh, but removed from last years route, so probably the newly introduced Sawel)
    * Hills of Donegal Tour
    * Tour of Inishowen or Inishowen 100 (Signature Climb: Mamore Gap)

I also really enjoyed the SRAC when they moved it to Dingle last year - not sure if its running this year - seemed to be conflicting messages posted to Facebook about it happening, then not happening, then it was happening....

AxleAddict wrote: »
    For those of you who have already participated in the Tour de Conamara and are itching for a little extra challenge, I can highly recommend Westportif (Westport, Co. Mayo). The route is even more stunning than the Tour de Conamara (if you're prepared to do a little bit of extra climbing that is!). For me its a close run thing between it, the Donegal Bay Spring Sportive and the Reservoir Dog.

* West Cork Peaks Challenge
    * Leitrim Glens Sportive
    * Blackstairs Cycling Challenge
    * Giants Causeway Coast Sportive
    * Man of Sperrin
    * Hills of Donegal Tour
    * Tour of Inishowen or Inishowen 100

I also really enjoyed the SRAC when they moved it to Dingle last year - not sure if its running this year - seemed to be conflicting messages posted to Facebook about it happening, then not happening, then it was happening....

Really enjoyed the Westsportif last year, excellent weather was helpful.
    The gillet was designed to fit a skinny 12 year old however.

the SRAC was cancelled, then back on, and then disappeared from social media, I thought the event last year was excellent, the route and food stop super.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

AxleAddict wrote: »

* West Cork Peaks Challenge (Signature Climb: Priests Leap)
    * Leitrim Glens Sportive
    * Blackstairs Cycling Challenge (Signature Climb: 2 x Mount Leinster)
    * Giants Causeway Coast Sportive (Signature Climb: Torr Head)
    * Man of Sperrin (Signature Climb: Used to be Benbradagh, but removed from last years route, so probably the newly introduced Sawel)
    * Hills of Donegal Tour
    * Tour of Inishowen or Inishowen 100 (Signature Climb: Mamore Gap)

thanks i just signed up for the dog as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

None in Ireland, but doing the Amstel Gold in April. The sportive on the Saturday and then watch the pros on the Sunday with Amstel beer, fries dipped in Mayonnaise and waffles! Mmmmm can’t wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Counting Gravel and Audax, what I've entry and/or have a pass in place for...

Midland 300/ 3 Peaks (same day, haven't decided - might commute to the 3 peaks)
    Dirty Reiver
    Grass Routes Gran Fondo
    Paddy Martin Randonee
    Lap the Lough (won an entry!)
    The Dying Cow
    The Galway Gravel Grinder (very limited info, but on the CI Calendar!)
    Reservoir Dog
    Lakelander Gravel Grinder

There's a few more I've pencilled in, but will depend on family really - Orwell Randonee (may be taken out of my hands if it sells out), Causeway Coast, Leinster Loop, more audax. Ride London to be slotted in, depending on the ballot result.

Would love to go to another classic, but it was that or the Dirty Reiver financially and weekend away wise.

Advertisement