Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered New Role

Options
  • 10-02-2020 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Really stuck on what to do.

Was getting fed up of my role because I'm doing the job of manager but don't get the title and get lumped with a load of extras which aren't my job, and I don't even get a thank you. Don't get me wrong its actually a really nice place to work. I like coming in to work.
    I know it is really common in a lot of places but my pay was really low though so I started job searching.

Offered a new role as a manager, with an assistant and its a good company from what I hear. Husband knows someone who works there. Received a pay increase in my own job this year which made a big difference and wasn't expecting and kind of threw a spanner in the works. The new role is still 13k more per year (only 8.5k more when I include bonuses from current role).

Old role has more holidays, flexible time, less hours, half day Friday, Maternity, Pension, Health Insurance for whole family, PHI and sick pay. Its only 20 minutes drive.
    Also has international travel which I hate so that would be a con along with no manager title.

New role has none of these, higher pay, manager role and staff, 5 minute drive and no international travel. I was almost going to take it till I found out there's no flexible hours.

I also have a health condition so Health Insurance is a must. Even with the new role I will have to go pay for it myself anyway so already that's a decrease in disposable extra income and its all higher tax bracket.

Advertisement