Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

permanent tsb

• 10-02-2020 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi Lads and Ladies

Any one else hear about TSB dropping its fixed rated to 3.2 and 3.25 over the 2,3 and 5 years fixed mortgages. I only got a letter in the day last week offering to this. I googled this information and it turns out this information has been out in the public domain such AUG 2019 which I never heard about. I rang the bank to query that information and indeed they did confirm it was out since AUG 2019. I enquired how was I never heard about this and why was I never sent a letter on this for which the agent claimed the information was put on social media. I enquired further into this fixed mortgage rate and it does not cost anything to sign up to. In total this fixed term of 5 years would of saved at least a hundred euro a month.

Has anyone received letters about this from last year if not I suggest you get onto the bank ASAP.
    I enclosed the link https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/permanent-tsb-is-latest-bank-to-cut-its-rates-on-fixed-mortgages-38370877.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭swanie29

anyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Not sure what you want them to do. They are offering ridiculously high rates (which they are probably embarrassed about), so don't brag about them. It's up to them to decide how well they advertise their products.

P.S. If you do actually want cheaper rates, you could move to pretty much any other bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

swanie29 wrote: »
    anyone else

Got a phone call from them wanting to know if I had a mortgage ( I don't) and to send on anyone to them who would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭swanie29

dotsman wrote: »
    Not sure what you want them to do. They are offering ridiculously high rates (which they are probably embarrassed about), so don't brag about them. It's up to them to decide how well they advertise their products.

P.S. If you do actually want cheaper rates, you could move to pretty much any other bank.
    Not in position to move banks

Advertisement