Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48months - question about topping up

Options
  • 10-02-2020 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I have been a customer 48 months for a few years now
    However I'm am unable to topup
    I went to tree different shops to buy credit and 48months is not available..
    I tried to topup online and card was rejected twice (yes there's money on my card)

So I have tried to contact them through social media and there website no reply

Anyone know what's going on

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

chri wrote: »
    I have been a customer 48 months for a few years now
    However I'm am unable to topup
    I went to tree different shops to buy credit and 48months is not available..
    I tried to topup online and card was rejected twice (yes there's money on my card)

So I have tried to contact them through social media and there website no reply

Anyone know what's going on

Thanks

I topped up mine this morning, no problems at all.

Did you use the live chat on the webpage?

They can be slow to respond at times, but I never had to wait more than 10/15 minutes.

They recently switched over to 4G, so think it's a bit soon to be going bust. I hope. 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

They sent out this email in December

"This is an update to let you know that from 6 January 2020, you’ll no longer be able to buy top up vouchers in shops. Don’t worry you can still purchase credit, but you will need to do this through your My48 account."

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭chri

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I topped up mine this morning, no problems at all.

Did you use the live chat on the webpage?

They can be slow to respond at times, but I never had to wait more than 10/15 minutes.

They recently switched over to 4G, so think it's a bit soon to be going bust. I hope. 😯

How did you topup if you don't mind me asking why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

chri wrote: »
    How did you topup if you don't mind me asking why

I know that question was for MrFrisp, but I topped up last week on their website.

Are you adding credit, or buying membership?
    I just bought a months membership as I believe if you buy credit, it just adds a monetary value to the a/c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    I know that question was for MrFrisp, but I topped up last week on their website.

Are you adding credit, or buying membership?
    I just bought a months membership as I believe if you buy credit, it just adds a monetary value to the a/c

I just went I to my login on the site, and used my card.

It's also now set to auto-renew, so it'll just take it every month automatically.

As far as I know, its buying membership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

48months is owned by 3, there is zero chance of them going into liquidation or shutting up shop overnight.

If 3 decide it is no longer a brand they want to support you can be sure they will look to transfer the remaining users to the main 3 network or another MNVO they own.

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    They sent out this email in December

"This is an update to let you know that from 6 January 2020, you’ll no longer be able to buy top up vouchers in shops. Don’t worry you can still purchase credit, but you will need to do this through your My48 account."

Found the said email in my junk email lol

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

having lot of trouble with 48, can not top up, support keep sending me to go to gift shop, clear browser cookies, but it doesn't work

people seem to be having same issue on their forum but no real solutions

anyone able to shed light?

Same problem here I today. I got on to 48 and asked them what was going on they said where having technical difficulty's and it would be fixed in a few hours, that was 10 o clock this morning I honestly have a pain in my back side with this company.

new website launched today, payments being accepted now. what a pain in the ass it was so hopefully problems are behind them now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

was thinking of trying 48
    Is it reliable, what is coverage like???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

New plans...

9.99 pm
    20GB (7GB roaming)
    All SMS*
    300 mins*

14.99 pm
    40GB (9GB roaming)
    All SMS*
    300 mins*

*ROI/roaming, including 048 NI landline calls

Their terms don't allow tethering but no idea whether that's actively enforced (maybe someone can confirm?).

Data can be swapped for minutes...

1GB for 100 minutes
    2GB for 200 minutes
    3GB for 300 minutes

...this can be done 3 times per month so in theory there's an additional 900 minutes available per month if needed.

https://48.ie/legal/price-plan-details

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

Excellent news. I was with them before moving to ID Mobile (for more data) and then on to Three for the 5€ deal when ID Mobile closed. Been on the 20€ every 28 days with Three and was looking to move so this is perfect for me.

Been on the 20€ every 28 days with Three and was looking to move so this is perfect for me.

Note that 3 have ended the keep credit feature of that plan for new customers so maybe hold on to the SIM for future use. That will mean getting a new number from 48 so that may or may not suit.

See they revamped there website it's about time,

Any way

Did they do away with the DON deal ?
    I pay €20pm
    1000 mins
    20 GB data
    60 mins of landline
    Unlimited text messages

And free what's app data